GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is there any point to playing games if the world is going to be blown up in 17 years?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/09/02 at 01:42
Regular
Is there any point to playing games if the world is going to be blown up in 17 years? We should be thinking of arguing with our families for 15 of those years, and then for th other 2 apolagising and spending time with them. Not going on our playstations and GAMECUBES!
Wed 04/09/02 at 03:29
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
there's no pint wasting them on a GC but maybe a x box and PS2 :)
Mon 02/09/02 at 23:18
Oh ho ho, wow. This could be such a great Mario game scenario, or at least a miny game sidequest kind of thingy. Think Mario meets Final fantasy meets 21st centruy space theme. Oh boy, and if Nintendo hurries they could make Mario Sunshine sequel just in time before asteroid hits(BANG!!!!!).
It was about time Mario goes to space. Maybe some
Yoshy shaped space shuttle or Toads hair in zero gravity.
Think of thre possilities.
Mon 02/09/02 at 23:15
Regular
this topic is a bit dumb
Mon 02/09/02 at 23:04
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Anyway, lets get back to games then yes???
Mon 02/09/02 at 22:50
Regular
The Earth won't be blowing up within the next 17 years.

It was in the new scientist:

If an asteroid looks like it MIGHT be on collision course with Earth, they take a good look at it too be sure.
That's why a certain comet/asteroid was top of the:

"Most likely to collide with Earth"

league. The press saw this, went for hysterical major headlines and caused a panick. The astromoners who'd been studying it, final came up with calculations that showed that this particular asteroid will miss us by good 56 million Km.

Besides, 17 years is more than enough time for us to deal with it!
Mon 02/09/02 at 19:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Ok apart from the fact that this topic has no Nintendo value thus should be in the "Life the universe and all that Jazz" forum. What is the point scaring little children like that i'm sure King Cool believes you and is building a bomb shelter right now :S Sigh well it says it would be big enough to wipe out a continent so hopefully i'm not in that one although it will probably make a giant tiddle wave killing everyone else lol anyway we should Just nuke all the B*stard asteriods that come near the moon that way we will always be sure that we wont get hit and if it goes wrong it will hit the moon lol ;D
Mon 02/09/02 at 18:49
Regular
Even if it were the case, you could have a sudden heart attack tomorrow. So why play games at all?
Mon 02/09/02 at 17:25
Regular
If the world will be blown up in 17 years all the more reason play them.

Now i dont have to worry about saving my money, and going to school as im sure i can get money from my mum and dad for the next 20 years.

So many games so little time.

*runs off to shops.
Mon 02/09/02 at 15:12
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
bender1609 wrote:
> Is there any point to playing games if the world is going to be blown
> up in 17 years? !

Is there really a point to this topic when you should be banned in 17 minutes??
Mon 02/09/02 at 13:28
told you im gonna be a regular in 17 years why the they come early er

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.