GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your finest moments in music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 22:19
Regular
Whether it be the first song you ever really loved, the best gig you ever saw, the first time you played an instrument and thought 'wow, I can do this' or even the first song that made you cry. Just moments involving music that you remember, that make you feel something. Here's a few of mine:

1) The first time I saw Muse live - absolutely ******* rocked my ass' off. Hot, sweaty, stinky and tired, but I've never been so into a live geetar band in my life. This occasion was the first time I ever crowd surfed, and while atop the raging surf, gestured to everyone that I was ROCK.

2) Walking back from my (now ex) girlfriend's house after the first smooch, listening to a compliation MiniDisc I made. First song that came up was Al Green, Let's Stay Together - never has a song felt more fitting than it did for that walk home.

3) Bouncing like a mental case watching Basement Jaxx live. Shove your poncy Chemical Brothers and Leftfield (I've seen them both and was underwhelmed), watching Basement Jaxx evoked a feeling in me that I never thought I had - I love to dance, and dance I did, along with about 80,000 other people in a field. Quite simply, a feeling that can't be beat, and that no drug can ever come close to replicating.

4) Forming a 'band' with mates. I, like you, was young once and formed a 6th Form group at school with a few pals, including forum favourite monkey_man. Yeah we were a bit sucky, but I've never enjoyed playing music as much as I did with my boys a few years back. Occasionally we'd do an inspired bit of music just out of nowhere, but never managed to record any of it, so no one believed us, of course. I still play guitar now, and reckon I've got at least one top album up here *taps head*

5) Realising I can sing, if just a little bit. I can't hit the high notes properly, and find the low ones a struggle, but if the song you want me to sing is mid-range, I'll belt it out like a spastic. You'd probably think I suck, but singing infront of a crowd (which I now do at Karaoke every Wednesday) is a pretty fine feeling, especially when you probably don't even have the kahunas to talk to half of the people in the room.

Okay, now your turn. I could probably think of more, sadder ones maybe, but that's a dark road and I don't wanna go down there. Impress me with your tales of music.
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:59
Mine are

1)Listening to the Americana album by the Offspring,they were the first band i got into.Ive been a great follower of music ever scine :)

2)Going to my first concert,it was Slipknot on February of this year,f***ing awsome :D

3)hearing KoRn for the first time,it really help me when i was sad and its really helped me get through some rough times.

4)One time i was feeling really depressed and i put on Alone i Break by KoRn,the meldoy and the lyrics was the first song to make me cry but i dont really wanna talk about that.
Mon 02/09/02 at 20:27
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
When I bought my first album (Oasis - What's the story Morning Glory) I was mad about them, and couldn't stop listening. Then, after a dry period, I got back into them abut 6 months ago. It's been great.
Mon 02/09/02 at 15:00
Regular
Listening to System of a down's 2nd album for the first time.

What an album, It rocks!
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:36
Regular
"Hmmm....."
LOL @ Brad

:-D

Anyway...... one of my favourite moments in music stuff thingy..... yeah....

Last day of school when my old teachers did a concert for the year. I was suprised at how good they were and the music ruled.

So..... errrr....... yeah....... there you go.......

*runs*
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:33
*Scratches Head*

Hmmm, how strange
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:32
You will become a regular after 21 days and by posting 300 or more messages totalling 10,000 or more words

OR

By Sending £5 to Brad @ Special Reserve, Sawbo.

Either way works fine.
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'll have some of that
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:15
Mine is prety much the same as Goatys, playing our first gig, at the sqaure. Was scary, but the place was quite packed out with all our mates who all went mental and half killed themselfs by jumping around so much. Best part of that night was the end when the owner of the place came up to us and praised us for like half an hour and invited us back for another showcase, then our own headlining gig. As it is we are playing there again on the venues 10th (I think) aniversary with their "25 Top Local Bands" list.

I feel so special.
Mon 02/09/02 at 11:38
Regular
"That's right!"
The boom of MP3s which got in me into music (back in the late 90s) I got into a load of new bands, and over the years my taste has changed from dance to rap to rock.

When my music teacher (at my request) finally stopped making me sing in front of the class back in year 7. Certain "changes" occurred and I assumed I could no longer sing, but many sessions in the shower have proved that wrong. Not as good as I used to be, but still better than your average kid. Pity I can't dance.
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Playing my very 1st gig at college in 1st band.
We thought we ruled (we sucked), packed The Square out with mates and even did an encore of "Epic" by Faith No More.
Wondered why we hadn't been signed after 3 weeks following gig.
Split up.

Seeing Clutch for the 1st time.
Went to see Biohazard at The Marquee, with a band called Clutch supporting.
Walked in and saw 4 blokes onstage wearing jeans & t-shirts making the most funky, furiously dirty rock and roll music ever.
Still my fav band after a decade.

Playing Sound in Leics.Square, December 2000.
Our 8th or 9th gig, first time we played a BIG venue as opposed to The Barfly or Dingwalls.
Headlining and we spent the gig backstage in our dressing room (1st time we ever had one, complete with rider).
Gig time approached, we're standing in the corridor backstage. Stage-time comes, stroll out and up onto the stage. 400 people cheering, clapping and whistling. Sit behind the drums, Chris starts the intro to "Saints & Cynics" and we're off.
50 mins later go for encore and leave the stage to massive cheers and applause.
I have never felt that happy/proud before. If you ever thought about being in a band, do it just for that perfect gig.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.