GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your finest moments in music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/09/02 at 22:19
Regular
Whether it be the first song you ever really loved, the best gig you ever saw, the first time you played an instrument and thought 'wow, I can do this' or even the first song that made you cry. Just moments involving music that you remember, that make you feel something. Here's a few of mine:

1) The first time I saw Muse live - absolutely ******* rocked my ass' off. Hot, sweaty, stinky and tired, but I've never been so into a live geetar band in my life. This occasion was the first time I ever crowd surfed, and while atop the raging surf, gestured to everyone that I was ROCK.

2) Walking back from my (now ex) girlfriend's house after the first smooch, listening to a compliation MiniDisc I made. First song that came up was Al Green, Let's Stay Together - never has a song felt more fitting than it did for that walk home.

3) Bouncing like a mental case watching Basement Jaxx live. Shove your poncy Chemical Brothers and Leftfield (I've seen them both and was underwhelmed), watching Basement Jaxx evoked a feeling in me that I never thought I had - I love to dance, and dance I did, along with about 80,000 other people in a field. Quite simply, a feeling that can't be beat, and that no drug can ever come close to replicating.

4) Forming a 'band' with mates. I, like you, was young once and formed a 6th Form group at school with a few pals, including forum favourite monkey_man. Yeah we were a bit sucky, but I've never enjoyed playing music as much as I did with my boys a few years back. Occasionally we'd do an inspired bit of music just out of nowhere, but never managed to record any of it, so no one believed us, of course. I still play guitar now, and reckon I've got at least one top album up here *taps head*

5) Realising I can sing, if just a little bit. I can't hit the high notes properly, and find the low ones a struggle, but if the song you want me to sing is mid-range, I'll belt it out like a spastic. You'd probably think I suck, but singing infront of a crowd (which I now do at Karaoke every Wednesday) is a pretty fine feeling, especially when you probably don't even have the kahunas to talk to half of the people in the room.

Okay, now your turn. I could probably think of more, sadder ones maybe, but that's a dark road and I don't wanna go down there. Impress me with your tales of music.
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Whether it be the first song you ever really loved, the best gig you ever saw, the first time you played an instrument and thought 'wow, I can do this' or even the first song that made you cry. Just moments involving music that you remember, that make you feel something. Here's a few of mine:

1) The first time I saw Muse live - absolutely ******* rocked my ass' off. Hot, sweaty, stinky and tired, but I've never been so into a live geetar band in my life. This occasion was the first time I ever crowd surfed, and while atop the raging surf, gestured to everyone that I was ROCK.

2) Walking back from my (now ex) girlfriend's house after the first smooch, listening to a compliation MiniDisc I made. First song that came up was Al Green, Let's Stay Together - never has a song felt more fitting than it did for that walk home.

3) Bouncing like a mental case watching Basement Jaxx live. Shove your poncy Chemical Brothers and Leftfield (I've seen them both and was underwhelmed), watching Basement Jaxx evoked a feeling in me that I never thought I had - I love to dance, and dance I did, along with about 80,000 other people in a field. Quite simply, a feeling that can't be beat, and that no drug can ever come close to replicating.

4) Forming a 'band' with mates. I, like you, was young once and formed a 6th Form group at school with a few pals, including forum favourite monkey_man. Yeah we were a bit sucky, but I've never enjoyed playing music as much as I did with my boys a few years back. Occasionally we'd do an inspired bit of music just out of nowhere, but never managed to record any of it, so no one believed us, of course. I still play guitar now, and reckon I've got at least one top album up here *taps head*

5) Realising I can sing, if just a little bit. I can't hit the high notes properly, and find the low ones a struggle, but if the song you want me to sing is mid-range, I'll belt it out like a spastic. You'd probably think I suck, but singing infront of a crowd (which I now do at Karaoke every Wednesday) is a pretty fine feeling, especially when you probably don't even have the kahunas to talk to half of the people in the room.

Okay, now your turn. I could probably think of more, sadder ones maybe, but that's a dark road and I don't wanna go down there. Impress me with your tales of music.
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:25
i was at the skating rink with some of my friends, and some others i didn't know... the song "stranger" was playing...

i had never been told i was pretty or anything before. then this one complete stranger comes up and she tells me how pretty i am. all it took was a second of someone's time, what you do really does matter. before that i had no self confidence... that was about two years ago and i still haven't forgotten.
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:33
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Going to this local pub place with a tiny venue at the back. 3 bands were playing, and while everyone was waiting for the band to come on I started talking to the bloke sitting at the table which had been turned into a merch table for the night. Found out he was roadie to one of the bands, then got talking to one of the bands guitarists. He was really friendly, probably the first experience I had of actually seeing first hand how these bands I love don't have the 'rock star' ego and are just nice people. Had a chat with him for about 20 minutes just exchanging tastes in music and talking about random stuff, then the show was bloody awesome, despite me being one of only about 5-6 people who were jumping around in front of the bands. Got a couple of free posters and a goodie bag free too, which was lucky, as my wallet broke from all the jumping, adn the goodie bag had a free one.

Also, the first time I listened to the Refused album 'The Shape Of Punk To Come' I was pretty much breathless. That album is absolutely awesome, one of the best albums I have ever heard, and it blew me away.

Also seeing Capdown live. Just because they rule a lot, and the circle pit at the end was funny, but scary at the same time cos you were getting crushed... hehe
Sun 01/09/02 at 22:38
Regular
"Excommunicated"
1) I think it was in 1999 and I wasn't a massive music fan and had a few albums. I was talking to mate about music and said I was into the Manics and asked if I knew Radiohead... I hadn't. So he borrowed me The Bends and Ok Computer and I was shocked and generally thinking WOW. I loved them and went out and bought them that week-end. That was the start of my music love... that day in Craft and Design :)

2) It was in January this year... I had just got guitar for Christmas and me and mate above went to friends house to "jam". All three of us went in a circle with three mikes and just played and sang, it rocked. Even thoug I sucked then I had a great night. I was also told I was a good singer... and have been made the frontman if we make a band... which we haven't because we all suck.

3) When I bought my acoustic... I found some tabs of Radiohead and Manics... couldn't do anything at first or first week or two. Then one Sunday morning I learned the start of A Design For Life and Street Spirit... and just the idea of ME playing my favourite songs made me so happy and such... it rocked.. even though my fingers hurt :)

4) Wild Honey by U2 made me cry a while ago. It's a strange song to cry too but someone I've known and kind of liked from childhood was staying the night... I couldn't sleep and was playing that album when she came downstairs and we talked for ages about stuff. And when I finally told how I felt about her that song was on... then next day when she left I played album again and that song made me cry. No Surprises has also made me cry when I feel down... but usually makes me feel better afterwards.

5) The other night actually... I was playing geetar in my room when my mum said I was sounding good and asked me to play to my family in living room. Although I could only play intro to many songs... I was there for like 45 minutes playing stuff and it felt great... and although they said I was good because I'm family I think they were impressed.
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:48
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
*pop*

Just remembered 6) Watching my mate's band play live, and realising they're actually pretty damn good. He was the drummer in my 6th Form group, and with no offence to the other guys, he was the one with the drive and the desire to play in front of people and be a real band. After we split up (due to 'creative differences'), he went on and formed another band with some mates from Uni - they're now called Torokko, and have played a total of 2 gigs at the Harlow Square, and that's it. First one was a bit shaky, as you'd expect, but the 2nd was brilliant, and it was a teary moment as I realised I was jumping about to a song written by my mate. He's my boy man, that's my boy up on stage!
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
ummmmmmmmmm.........

Fist time I heard Stand Inside Your Love, Soma and This Time.

I fell in love with the Pumpkins then and there.
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:55
"Uzi Lover"
Cyclone wrote:
> Fist time I heard Stand Inside Your Love, Soma and This Time.

I like Aeroplane Flies High.

And here's to the atom bomb because it's the most jiggest song ever.
Mon 02/09/02 at 10:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Playing my very 1st gig at college in 1st band.
We thought we ruled (we sucked), packed The Square out with mates and even did an encore of "Epic" by Faith No More.
Wondered why we hadn't been signed after 3 weeks following gig.
Split up.

Seeing Clutch for the 1st time.
Went to see Biohazard at The Marquee, with a band called Clutch supporting.
Walked in and saw 4 blokes onstage wearing jeans & t-shirts making the most funky, furiously dirty rock and roll music ever.
Still my fav band after a decade.

Playing Sound in Leics.Square, December 2000.
Our 8th or 9th gig, first time we played a BIG venue as opposed to The Barfly or Dingwalls.
Headlining and we spent the gig backstage in our dressing room (1st time we ever had one, complete with rider).
Gig time approached, we're standing in the corridor backstage. Stage-time comes, stroll out and up onto the stage. 400 people cheering, clapping and whistling. Sit behind the drums, Chris starts the intro to "Saints & Cynics" and we're off.
50 mins later go for encore and leave the stage to massive cheers and applause.
I have never felt that happy/proud before. If you ever thought about being in a band, do it just for that perfect gig.
Mon 02/09/02 at 11:38
Regular
"That's right!"
The boom of MP3s which got in me into music (back in the late 90s) I got into a load of new bands, and over the years my taste has changed from dance to rap to rock.

When my music teacher (at my request) finally stopped making me sing in front of the class back in year 7. Certain "changes" occurred and I assumed I could no longer sing, but many sessions in the shower have proved that wrong. Not as good as I used to be, but still better than your average kid. Pity I can't dance.
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:15
Mine is prety much the same as Goatys, playing our first gig, at the sqaure. Was scary, but the place was quite packed out with all our mates who all went mental and half killed themselfs by jumping around so much. Best part of that night was the end when the owner of the place came up to us and praised us for like half an hour and invited us back for another showcase, then our own headlining gig. As it is we are playing there again on the venues 10th (I think) aniversary with their "25 Top Local Bands" list.

I feel so special.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.