GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Over Already ?...."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/08/02 at 21:10
Regular
Unless Nintendo drop to at least £109.99 - £99.99 by mid november at the latest then they'll lose the Christmas sales war and may as well give up. The X Box and PS2 are just too strong at their new prices, especially Microsoft's black box.

DVD on the two above consoles is selling them. Many people argue that if you want to play DVD's you buy a DVD player, but thats missing the point. Firstly, many PS2'/X box's are going to be Christmas presents for kids, who probably don't have a DVD player in their rooms. Secondly, it's another feature, you CAN play DVDs on them but the Gamecube CANNOT. You don't have the choice, but pay another 30-40 and you get that choice with the PS2 and X Box.

Games wise, things are looking rosy - Resident Evil 13/9, Mario Sunshine 3/10, Eternal Darkness 1/11, Starfox 22/11, and thats just the big titles. Sony still have an edge though, they've got the reputation for mature gaming. They don't neccesarily appeal to mature gamers, but to teenagers who want to appear more mature, like 14 years olds watching an 18 rated film. Sony also have a quality budget line up, another thing the Gamecube lacks because of it's newness :) (Is that a word ??) Microsoft are slowly on the up as decent games filter out at a faster rate.

To us, Gamers, the console sales war, and ultimately which consoles succeed and fail, is determined by the games adn the quality of them. Problem is, it isn't like that in the real world. A low price point and cheap games usually win the day, unless you've got something really special behind you, like a plumber maybe ? :)

~~Belldandy~~
Wed 04/09/02 at 16:19
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> awwwww ninty will lose sales on the cacky games system which was badly
> thought out a designed.
>
> they could always give it away in a corn flakes packet.

Now you're copying Wookiee's Xbox jokes?
You have the originality, imagination and wit of an MS games designer.

The sad thing is, you'll think that's a compliment...
Wed 04/09/02 at 15:48
Regular
I think we, the public, will never know who actually is best in each catagore (sp).

This is becuase we all have personal tastes, and we will never get it from the shops becuase they will always say what they have actually done.

The only way is to get every shop in the world to tell us whats the best game,console etc. But this will never happen becuase:
1. most people cant be bothered and Britian wont have enough money becuase the taxs are going towards mr.Blairs plane tickets.
2. gaming is still not as big as some belive. Maybe when we are the old people it will be becuase old people never had consoles to play on and many wont play them now as they are the gift from the devil. note i personnaly disagree that Gates is the devil, maybe a 3rd cousin removed.
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:48
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
GC and its deals in SR have to go down before 27 september.I am itching for the next mag to come out so will someone tell me when the next mag comes out
Wed 04/09/02 at 13:27
"Darkness, always"
Price is still a major factor, dvd player or no.

hundreds of thousands of families buy christmas presents on a budget, and with the GC still being the cheaper console, it will find its way into a lot of working class homes this christmas.

and then, it won't only be people looking for the bargain that will buy the GC over this crucial test period. There are still a lot of loyal Nintendo fans that have yet to acquire one, and christmas may be the perfect opportunity.

I think the PS2 will still do well, but it will be the last christmas where it does as such. The GC and Xbox have plenty more in them, and will be more determined to get their share of the market, while Sony can sit on their huge comparative advantage.

I certainly have no worries of the GC lacking popularity.
Wed 04/09/02 at 12:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Like I said before, games like Marion and Resiant Evil boosted the sales of the GC dramatically in the US and Japan, I think we may see the same happening in Europe. Plus with the run up to christmas, I'd say if anything GC sale are secured as a top seller.
Wed 04/09/02 at 11:20
Don`t know about in the U.K..But in the U.S. the Gamecube has started to outsell The Xbox and PS2 according to Toys R us...
Wed 04/09/02 at 03:26
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
awwwww ninty will lose sales on the cacky games system which was badly thought out a designed.

they could always give it away in a corn flakes packet.
Tue 03/09/02 at 10:06
Regular
Ive only read the actuall post and a few replies and what i think on the matter of games being released is that:
PS2 has 4 good games being released
Xbox has 60 exclusives on the way, not sure before or after chrismas, but the thing is only a few of them actually any good.
Gamecube i dont know have many but quite a few and all are top class, in my opnion.

Also some one said about the amount of games being released.
Well i dont know if you were a PS1 fan or a '64 fan but im sure as most will remember that PS1 owners were always going on about the amount of games for their machine and used to see it as a good point.

But becuase nintendo is doing the same and nearly all of them is good then everyone has a go.

What do you want nintendo to release loads of rubbish games but as long as theirs lots of them we still have the advantage.

Now we have the upper hand we start saying its a bad thing, how stupid.
Tue 03/09/02 at 09:09
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
rockin nanan wrote:
> ok you guys soon ill be a regular but my last mistake will come soon
> nintendo are bringing out to many games and i think how can i afford
> all the good games answer cars but i dont see no way to buy them all
> (desperately tries to think of a gday winning post) im only eleven but
> you all hate me i get you talking and i dont have a job oh yeah if you
> wish to be eternaly happy send a game to happy dude

English Translation;

Ok you guys, soon I'll be a regular but my last mistake will come soon (?)
Nintendo are bringing out too many games and I think how can I afford all the good games. Answer cars (?), but I don't see no way to buy them all (desperately tries to think of a GAD winning post). I'm only eleven but you all hate me. I get you talking and I don't have a job. Oh yeah, if you wish to be eternally happy send a game to rockin nanan.

END OF TRANSLATION

Don't you just love punctuation and stufff ? Stops you collapsing from lack of breath and stuff.....

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 03/09/02 at 01:50
Regular
nintendo.co.uk aren't sure ('tba'), and i've seen a couple of places listing it for next year, but i'd expect it to show this side of christmas, maybe november.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.