GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are SMS free yet?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/07/08 at 11:17
Regular
The last time I had a mobile, it cost 20p to send a txt message. That was almost a decade ago and since then a lot has changed. I went from a 56k modem to an 8MB broadband line. So now I can send and receive a smeg load of data. So does that mean SMS are free now or practically free? How much data does an SMS use, about 160 bytes perhaps? Certainly shouldnt cost the companies 12p to 20p anymore.

The reason I bring this up is because I just read an article about AT&T SMS prices. Apparently 1 Megabyte of SMS would cost $1,310.72 :S
Fri 04/07/08 at 20:59
Regular
Im on Virgin, Got the whole summer (May to end of September) Of FREE TXTS.
Sat 05/07/08 at 10:31
Regular
"Mad as a badger!"
I'm currently still old school with my mobile contract. I joined 02 when it was Genie back in the day. £15 a month I get 250 texts and 50 minutes to a landline after 7pm every day. Kinda crappy when it comes to phone calls, specially to mobiles, but for texts - which I do most, it's not bad.
Sun 06/07/08 at 14:27
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I love the Meteor network here, free texts for life to anyone else on Meteor, which is just about everyone I know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.