GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"World of Warcraft"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Thu 03/07/08 at 09:53
Regular
I hate this game. FACT
Thu 03/07/08 at 09:53
Regular
I hate this game. FACT
Thu 03/07/08 at 10:14
Regular
"THFC"
i have never played it - i never want to, and i think it stupid how much time / money people use/waste on this.

£10 a month?? something like that, Blizzard must be laughing all the way to the bank. How many people are paying that without even playing still do you reckon?

Also i read / saw a video about their new game. You play the person playing WoW.... or something stupid like that

I love RPG's, and MMORPG always seem fun and a good laugh. But subscription charges and having to buy thebest weapons, just ruins it. Imagine playing Pro Evo but to get man Utd you had to pay more money lol

So im with you!
Thu 03/07/08 at 19:47
Regular
"Mooching around"
Emmie87 wrote:
> £10 a month?? something like that, Blizzard must be
> laughing all the way to the bank. How many people are paying that
> without even playing still do you reckon?

I doubt many.

> Also i read / saw a video about their new game. You play the
> person playing WoW.... or something stupid like that

That was just a joke :) I can't remember who created it, but it was amusing.

> I love RPG's, and MMORPG always seem fun and a good laugh. But
> subscription charges and having to buy thebest weapons, just
> ruins it. Imagine playing Pro Evo but to get man Utd you had to
> pay more money lol

You don't buy the best weapons... Or at least you only do if you want to be lazy. However, the subscription charge is a bit of a joke, I agree with you there.

To be honest, I haven't played WoW in a fair half a year now. I level up another 10 levels, and just get bored after that. It'd be a lot better if my friends played it as well, obviously.

Blizzard seem to be on a roll though, their next two games I cannot wait to get my hands on: Starcraft 2 and Diablo III :)
Thu 03/07/08 at 20:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
The Reaper wrote:
> However, the subscription charge is a bit of a
> joke, I agree with you there.

Do you know of a better business model for maintaining game servers and continuous streams of patches/content indefinitely then?
Thu 03/07/08 at 21:29
Regular
Now now Luetchy, calm it, you may upset Vexxxed or ButchML.

I played this game for quite a while up until 3 months or so ago, and I think for £7.99 (or whatever) a month it's a pretty fair price. The game itself is highly addictive, so you're likely to play it a lot and therefore get your moneys worth in a month (a lot cheaper than buying a game a month).

I seemed to get damn bored of it so often though, and then leave the game for weeks at a time. Even with Vexxxed and ButchML helping me maim diseased wolves or gnomes, and frolicking about on stripey saber-tooth tigers.

And yes, Blizzard really are laughing all the way to the bank (well, they pay someone else to do that for them). I think they claim to have around 9 or 10 million subscribers, each paying around £8 a month, making that... lots of money!
Fri 04/07/08 at 08:12
Regular
"THFC"
The main problem for me is that i know i would get addicted to it.

A while ago i played Star Wars Galaxies, while if i had the time every night i would have played it more and more, become a jedi etc and happy days. But they are very time consuming.

Like i said, Blizzard must be very happy. They are very smart in what they have done. There are loads of things that have copied WoW but they never seem to be as big!

I don't know if any of you have seen the clips of the new Dragonball Z MMORPG - but that looks very nice (if it is X-box only i would have to consider getting one)
Fri 04/07/08 at 09:46
Regular
If I played it I'm sure I'd become an addict, so probably for the best that I never do.
Fri 04/07/08 at 09:53
Regular
McLong wrote:
> Now now Luetchy, calm it, you may upset Vexxxed or ButchML.
>
> I played this game for quite a while up until 3 months or so
> ago, and I think for £7.99 (or whatever) a month it's a
> pretty fair price. The game itself is highly addictive, so you're
> likely to play it a lot and therefore get your moneys worth in a
> month (a lot cheaper than buying a game a month).
>
> I seemed to get damn bored of it so often though, and then leave
> the game for weeks at a time. Even with Vexxxed and ButchML
> helping me maim diseased wolves or gnomes, and frolicking about
> on stripey saber-tooth tigers.
>
> And yes, Blizzard really are laughing all the way to the bank
> (well, they pay someone else to do that for them). I think they
> claim to have around 9 or 10 million subscribers, each paying
> around £8 a month, making that... lots of money!

Ah the thread was more of a test as jubbachainsaw wanted to see if something worked. But I thought I'd keep it active for funsies.

I don't hate the game, I started playing it about 3 years ago, but I just get so damn bored of it. It's so damn monotonous go kill X amount of this and collect X amount of that. Like last night I went round a mates to play some Smash Bros but him and his guild were busy "raiding" and for about 2 hours they just kept dying against a boss they've beaten in the past. What is the point? It's all just rinse and repeat, the only fun aspect is the PVP but people only want to PVP so they can get better gear :| I want a server where its every man for themselves, like an uber-pvp server. No restrictions no boundaries if I see some level 10 then I should be able to slaughter him/her, and vice-versa.

But it's each to their own and however many million people can't be wrong can they?
Mon 07/07/08 at 01:50
Regular
"Mooching around"
Garin wrote:
> Do you know of a better business model for maintaining game
> servers and continuous streams of patches/content indefinitely
> then?

Get volunteers and ride the brand label all the way home.
Tue 08/07/08 at 13:04
Regular
Luetchyboy wrote:
> I hate this game. FACT

Hahah I'm such a hypocrite guess what game I started again last night, that's right World of Warcraft.

Luetchyboy has returned to his home server of Zenedar and now he's a lone rogue desperate for revenge...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.