GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"£75 repair?!?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/08/02 at 19:04
Regular
Doh.

Watched 24 the other day, and had my PS2 on for about 20 hours. It didn`t blink. Got all the way through without even twitching once. My brothers PS2 on the other hand managed to fry its brains after only an hour on Final Fantasy 10.

One year warranty... not really that much good when you`ve had the thing for 1 year and 1 month.

£75 to repair the machine - a bit much if you ask me as its virtually half the cost of a new one. Plus the fact its going to be missing for the next 3-5 weeks.

Well, it had to happen someday I guess. I`ve never ever felt let down by Sony before, despite the number of Sony manufactured products I`ve owned (TVs, Hi-fis, Consoles etc...). This however is a let down. If it gets back and stays repaired for at least 5 years then I`ll forgive them, but this repair job had better work...
Fri 30/08/02 at 20:35
Regular
Basically it won`t play DVD discs anymore. This isn`t just movie DVDs of course. It includes most of the top games like GT3, GTA3, FFX etc... I guess it means the DVD driver is bust, and the people at Sony seemed to agree.

For the first minute of us noticing the problem, the games loaded, but very very very very slowly (like 10 minute loading times). Then they didn`t load at all, so we thought we may have a problem.

Ah well, it happens I guess.
Fri 30/08/02 at 19:07
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Whats happened exactly?

Sounds bad though, I feel for you dude.
Fri 30/08/02 at 19:04
Regular
Doh.

Watched 24 the other day, and had my PS2 on for about 20 hours. It didn`t blink. Got all the way through without even twitching once. My brothers PS2 on the other hand managed to fry its brains after only an hour on Final Fantasy 10.

One year warranty... not really that much good when you`ve had the thing for 1 year and 1 month.

£75 to repair the machine - a bit much if you ask me as its virtually half the cost of a new one. Plus the fact its going to be missing for the next 3-5 weeks.

Well, it had to happen someday I guess. I`ve never ever felt let down by Sony before, despite the number of Sony manufactured products I`ve owned (TVs, Hi-fis, Consoles etc...). This however is a let down. If it gets back and stays repaired for at least 5 years then I`ll forgive them, but this repair job had better work...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.