GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Religion Of The Jedi!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 22:07
Regular
Oh my god a group of oh so cool people have decided to write "Jedi" as thier religion on an American Census and since over 10,000 americans wrote the same thing it is now an official religion. Personally I can't wait to put MR MEN as my religion on the next UK Census but chances are it probably already is ;D :D
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:02
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
ohwell at least it is more fun than writing "NONE" I mean there really is no point. might as well put something ;D :D
Fri 30/08/02 at 16:11
Regular
Beer is my religion, always will be.

Every night, I pay hommage and drink the blood of the founder of our religion. His name was fosters, and he saved us from boredom. He gave his life so that we may be sloshed. Woddaguy
Fri 30/08/02 at 17:50
Regular
"That's right!"
"It was the UK census earlier this year, not the American, or Australian one."

Wrong, it WAS the Australian one. And probably the American one too. Does it not occur to you that it could've been all THREE countries, not just one?
Fri 30/08/02 at 18:46
"Stupid Newbie :D"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Wrong, it WAS the Australian one. And probably the American one too.
> Does it not occur to you that it could've been all THREE countries,
> not just one?

No Mojo, it was the UK one. Try reading my post again, it clearly states it's entirely possible the Americans and Aussies would follow suit, as the story got a fair amount of coverage on the news and was subject to being a topic of conversation quite frequently.

As for it being an official religeon - it isn't, by that amount of people entering "jedi knight" as their religeon it simply means that on the next census they have to add a checkbox for it along with the other mainstream ones.
Fri 30/08/02 at 19:44
Regular
"That's right!"
*sigh*

You said it WASN'T the American or Australian one, and I said "wrong" because it did happen in Australia

Please, think before you post
Sat 31/08/02 at 00:54
"Stupid Newbie :D"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> *sigh*
>
> You said it WASN'T the American or Australian one, and I said
> "wrong" because it did happen in Australia

No, I pointed out that the incident you were referring to occured here in the UK, and then stated I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if the Aussies and Americans did the same. Pay attention.

Really, I have no problem with you as a poster, and actually find a lot of the stuff you write amusing - but if you continue taking my posts out of context then I'm going to get bored.
Sat 31/08/02 at 00:59
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, whatever
Sun 01/09/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
What useful purpose, exactly, does a Census serve?

Oh guess what - we can now say how many Muslims there are in the country. Oh, and how many Christians there are too. How helpful.

Possilby, just possibly, the Census is nothing but a way for governments to label people. Are you English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish?

None - I'm British.

As far as the jedi thing is concerned, why can't it be a religion? Christianity came about because one man allegedly did some cool stuff. Buddhists don't even have a god - so how can they be a religion? Logically, if people want to call themselves a Jedi they are free to proclaim themselves a Jedi to one and all.

Why the government want to know how many people in one group or another is beyond me. It's just another example of an Orwellian Big Brother taking control.

**Anti-Gvmt rant over**
Sun 01/09/02 at 15:19
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Mr Ripper wrote:

> pishing around with it is hardly the height of maturity.

Are you not taking that a bit seriously? It's a census for funs sake...
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:44
Regular
"One More Chance"
Personally I would of liked 10,000 people to put "The Moomins" as a religion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.