GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Religion Of The Jedi!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 22:07
Regular
Oh my god a group of oh so cool people have decided to write "Jedi" as thier religion on an American Census and since over 10,000 americans wrote the same thing it is now an official religion. Personally I can't wait to put MR MEN as my religion on the next UK Census but chances are it probably already is ;D :D
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Oh my god a group of oh so cool people have decided to write "Jedi" as thier religion on an American Census and since over 10,000 americans wrote the same thing it is now an official religion. Personally I can't wait to put MR MEN as my religion on the next UK Census but chances are it probably already is ;D :D
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:41
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
no that happened on the british census (too?), and it is now an official religion, statistically, here.
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:46
Regular
"That's right!"
It was the Australian census lately that they did that

Crazy kids
Fri 30/08/02 at 00:56
"Stupid Newbie :D"
It was the UK census earlier this year, not the American, or Australian one. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they do it too now, it did make the news in a fair number of areas... the joys of messing with the government. ;)
Fri 30/08/02 at 01:00
Regular
".......on the attac"
A lot of idiots did that in the UK census.

Of course, the Census bureau isn't stupid. Every entry claiming "Jedi" had their religion denoted as "none".

Why anyone decided to put that is beyond me. What does anyone accomplish from that? 200 years from now people will look back at those entry forms and think the people who put that are wan*ers.

What is the point of ruining a perfectly useful exercise like that?
Fri 30/08/02 at 01:01
Regular
".......on the attac"
Mr. Happy wrote:
> it is now an official religion, statistically, here.

No, it isn't
Fri 30/08/02 at 01:36
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Bėn wrote:
> Mr. Happy wrote:
> it is now an official religion, statistically, here.
>
> No, it isn't

Yes, it is, statisically enough people wrote it for the code to be included next form round...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1589133.stm

this article is newer than the other Beeb article posted in April in which the whole Jedi Campaign was said to be a hoax.
Fri 30/08/02 at 11:17
"Darkness, always"
If people are going to insist on putting false information down on census forms, it makes the entire exercise a complete waste of time.

fools.
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:46
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I'm getting a serious adult vibe here lol it is just a joke and has no real impact on our lives they just make statistics out of what we say we're just a number to them
Fri 30/08/02 at 13:48
"Darkness, always"
the census is used to populate national databases, and eventually atlases and encyclopedia volumes.

pishing around with it is hardly the height of maturity.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.