GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Religion Of The Jedi!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/08/02 at 22:07
Regular
Oh my god a group of oh so cool people have decided to write "Jedi" as thier religion on an American Census and since over 10,000 americans wrote the same thing it is now an official religion. Personally I can't wait to put MR MEN as my religion on the next UK Census but chances are it probably already is ;D :D
Mon 09/09/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Apology accepted ;)
Mon 09/09/02 at 10:29
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Flanders wrote:

> I'm sorry but the logic of this statement completely eludes me.
>
> Why would anybody who doesn't believe irrefutably in the existance of
> God wish to decalre themselves as a Christian.
>
> Of course he exists and of course being a Christian is a statement of
> your confirmation of his existence.

Apologies if you are a christian. I was making an observation frmo a non-christian point of view.
Mon 09/09/02 at 10:13
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Small Frog wrote:

. Being a Christian doesn't mean God exists.

I'm sorry but the logic of this statement completely eludes me.

Why would anybody who doesn't believe irrefutably in the existance of God wish to decalre themselves as a Christian.

Of course he exists and of course being a Christian is a statement of your confirmation of his existence.
Sun 08/09/02 at 22:26
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Ages ago someone on here (forget who) tried to make Playstation 2 a religion by getting a certain amount of people to register or whatever they have to do...
Sun 08/09/02 at 12:40
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Belldandy wrote:

Those who put Jedi, whilst
> being able to do so, aren't going to be worth targeting with a policy
> that is to do with Christian values, and are such a small number in
> America they're not wort bothering with !
>

Sorry, are you talking about the Christians or the Jedi? ;D

Incidentally, I put Jedi on my census form because I consider myself atheist (sp?) - and, quite frankly, Jedi is more interesting than N/A.

Ah, the fun of politics.
Sun 08/09/02 at 12:36
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
What someone said earlier about the point of a census ?

In America the number of senators a county gets is determined by it's population. Without a census to find out how many people there are a county can be under represented by a lack of senators. same goes for whether you're Welsh, English and what your religion is e.t.c. The info can be used for political purposes as politicians can target groups they want to vote with policies. Those who put Jedi, whilst being able to do so, aren't going to be worth targeting with a policy that is to do with Christian values, and are such a small number in America they're not wort bothering with !

*Yawn* boring but true......

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 08/09/02 at 12:15
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Mr Ripper wrote:

>
> I'm not a Jedi, because I can't lift rocks with a thought, convince
> people I don't exist by waving a finger, wield a lightsaber, fire
> lightening from my fingertips, control minds or "see" things
> with the force.

Well, duh. This could be because the Jedi aren't actually real. Being a Christian doesn't mean God exists. Maybe calling yourself a Jedi simply means that you agree with the some of the 'teachings' proposed by the non-existent religion, just like being a Muslim means that you BELIEVE in Allah.

>So if I wanted to be the President of the United States of America, I >would just say I was, and I would become so?

Um...you seem to have forgotten how to read, or something. I said *ahem* "They are free to proclaim themselves a Jedi to one and all".

Proclaim (v): to announce. This doesn't actually make them a Jedi. It just let's people know that they think they are a Jedi. There's an important difference there, and I hope you're old enough to understand where it is.

Some people take things far too seriously on these forums. For example, Mr Ripper, you are fool who obviously feels that calling people names is a good method of getting your opinion across.

This is wrong.

My previous post was semi-tongue-in-cheek, because I was feeling kinda wierd when I wrote it. Imagine my laughter when I read your indidnant and self-righteous reply. You obviously have issues with people that don't agree with your view and sound even the slightest bit as though they don't follow the norm. Almost a form of paranoia, really. You must be very ill in the head, Mr Ripper. In fact, you may be clinically insane, or even worse. If you like, I can give you the phone number for the Samaritans - they're supposed to help people like you. Obviously, I feel really sorry for what you and your friends/family (if you have any) are going thrugh, and I hope you recover soon.

You can take this seriously too, if you like. However, if you did so, you be a bigger and more gullible fool than you already seem.

Chill, dude. These forums are for fun. ;)
Mon 02/09/02 at 14:45
"Darkness, always"
Small Frog wrote:
> What useful purpose, exactly, does a Census serve?

As stated below, to populate atlas' and encyclopedia volumes. Information gathered allows analysis on population spread of religious and ethnic groups. For example, if for some reason, liverpool had suddenly become 90% black satan worshippers, the government might have cause for concern. However, if the census instead shows that ethnic minorities are increasing in proportion, and spreading out evenly over the country, it is something to celebrate.

The idea is to gather INFORMATION.

> Oh guess what - we can now say how many Muslims there are in the
> country. Oh, and how many Christians there are too. How helpful.

Yes, it is.

> Possilby, just possibly, the Census is nothing but a way for
> governments to label people. Are you English, Scottish, Welsh or
> Irish?

Shut up you ignorant moron. The government doesn't care if you're english or welsh, and only the scottish care if they are scottish or not. I am British, as it says on my passport, but for the sake of information, if asked I would put english. Does that compromise me in any way? No. What's your problem you conpiratorial retard?

> As far as the jedi thing is concerned, why can't it be a religion?
> Christianity came about because one man allegedly did some cool stuff.
> Buddhists don't even have a god - so how can they be a religion?
> Logically, if people want to call themselves a Jedi they are free to
> proclaim themselves a Jedi to one and all.

If you want to be a Jedi, call yourself a Jedi? So if I wanted to be the President of the United States of America, I would just say I was, and I would become so?

No.

I'm not a Jedi, because I can't lift rocks with a thought, convince people I don't exist by waving a finger, wield a lightsaber, fire lightening from my fingertips, control minds or "see" things with the force.

> Why the government want to know how many people in one group or
> another is beyond me. It's just another example of an Orwellian Big
> Brother taking control.

you.are.stupid.
Mon 02/09/02 at 11:46
"The Will of D."
What about all the young girls to put "Power Puff girls" on theirs and the boys put "Action Man" on theirs.
Sun 01/09/02 at 19:44
Regular
"One More Chance"
Personally I would of liked 10,000 people to put "The Moomins" as a religion.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.