GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Modified Gamecube's???"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 19:17
Regular
I have just purchased a Black USA Gamecube modified to play Japanese and USA games. I was wandering if anyone has got one of these and how good actually are they?? Have you had any problems??? S*d the freeloader, i certainly be playing Resident Evil, Mario Sunshine and Beach Spikers by the weekend. Oh and by the way the Freeloader if you want it is not coming out in August and if it does i don't care anyway!! I HATE DATEL.... :)
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:57
Regular
"¬_¬"
Actually, you'll find the cost of importing is significantly less than you'd expect. It works out for me, including the GameCube action replay, Mario Sunshine is costing me £48. Ordered from Canada, you can get GC games for around the £30 mark, and Action Replay for the GC is only £17.99 from play.com.

Good importing sites? www.dvdboxoffice.com , who give free worldwide postage, www.spun.com who give cheap worldwide postage and also have a huge music selection, and www.goblindirect.com who are a fairly decent import shop.

Getting cheaper every day, and you're able to get many games from abroad cheaper than in England. The real cost? England £100 - 120. US/Canada £80 - 100.
Sun 01/09/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
What is the matter with you people, this is my opinion, i brought and wanted a USA gamecube and everyone says how f^&(*&^ sad i am, pathetic. I only wanted a bit of info. Don't bother in future.
Sun 01/09/02 at 17:45
Regular
Whats wrong with people why cant you just wait for them to come over here?

My social life is bad enough with the games out at the moment, what the hell are yours like.

But do you do it to play the games first to actually be able to enjoy them, or do you do it so you can go on about being able to play them before others, showing of in other words.
Sun 01/09/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Can I just say something,
>
> How @#£$ing sad are you? Firstly your so desperate for a few
> games you import them from another country. Then the freeloader gets a
> delayed a little bit. So you buy another Gamecube from America, just
> for the three games you already bought from there, because you can't
> wait an extra 2-4 weeks to play them?
>
> Let see here
>
> Three 'Cube games, England = £100-120
>
> Three imported cube games, a freeloader, and a new Gamecube =
> 260-280
>
> all because you can't wait a month? Mario Sunshine will come out in
> England before the freeloaders does... I don't understand you people,
> and I don't understand why you all want the freeloader are are willing
> to pay more for a game a month early. Your all sad. And NTSC verions
> are slightly inferior.

Let's see shall we. Eternal Darkness. Been out since June this year in the States. When will the UK see it? November.

That's why people import. They don't want to wait months on end for the PAL releases. Why should they if they've been out across the pond for ex amount of months? Many gamers out there, including myself, prefer to import their games across their chosen platform.

So what's so 'sad' about it?
Sat 31/08/02 at 19:51
Regular
"In and out :)"
Edgy wrote:
> You can with Datel's Action Replay and/or Freeloader.
>
> Though you'll still have to buy the region DVDs that the Japanese (and
> possible USA - if any different) use.

No i mean like without a disc like the the freeloader you just put your game in and it works fine
Sat 31/08/02 at 19:11
Regular
Can I just say something,

How @#£$ing sad are you? Firstly your so desperate for a few games you import them from another country. Then the freeloader gets a delayed a little bit. So you buy another Gamecube from America, just for the three games you already bought from there, because you can't wait an extra 2-4 weeks to play them?

Let see here

Three 'Cube games, England = £100-120

Three imported cube games, a freeloader, and a new Gamecube = 260-280

all because you can't wait a month? Mario Sunshine will come out in England before the freeloaders does... I don't understand you people, and I don't understand why you all want the freeloader are are willing to pay more for a game a month early. Your all sad. And NTSC verions are slightly inferior.
Sat 31/08/02 at 18:58
Regular
Nintendoid wrote:

I would
> certainly buy it if u could play English games as well as Japaneses
> and American.

You can with Datel's Action Replay and/or Freeloader.

Though you'll still have to buy the region DVDs that the Japanese (and possible USA - if any different) use.
Sat 31/08/02 at 18:41
Regular
The wavebird is brill and i only had to pay £23 for it from DVDboxoffice no postage. I got it at the start of August
Sat 31/08/02 at 18:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I could have got a WaveBird in July aswell, but I didn't want to pay extra for it when I am quite happy to wait.
Sat 31/08/02 at 18:33
Regular
Haylost on the Isle of wight are selling a Nintendo Q cube for £450 but it can only play Japanese and Americian games. I would certainly buy it if u could play English games as well as Japaneses and American. The q cube does look very nice, Silver but a little bigger than the Cube. Oh And Sibs if you were wondering were hayloft is it is in ryde (as u live on the island) near Warhammor

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.