GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"kick in a game cube"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 16:31
Regular
ok so the subject line was just a catchy title.

but really these nintys are having a laugh, there's like a handful of games that are good on the GC and a shed load (a big shed to) on the x box. and the PS2? well the games companys can't be bothered with it anymore so why should i LOL.
well i might get stuntman and tekken 4 but still.

anyway what i hate about these nintys are the games they say are so good really aint. ok so it's a matter of taste and if i was 5 1/2 i'd love a GC but i'm 20 and i want blood and gore.

most GC owners must be about 10 as they argue like kids and get all up tight if you slate mario and everyone knows sonic is better.

if i had my way sega would still have a console and it would be ninty the game developer and i'd have me sega machine next to an x box and live happlying ever after knowing all the nintys would be crying as they haven't got the guts to buy a non nintendo machine muahahahahhahahahaha

ok so this post will probably encourage them but why can't we all be happy gamers?

oh well naff all i can do except laugh at there little faces and there silly little cube, sav had a GC for about a week and he found a use for the handle LOL
Mon 09/09/02 at 22:53
Regular
"RIP Resurrection"
*pop* had to pop this i read through the whole lot earlier it's so funny.

read all the petty arguments and little comments.

come on just see the funny side LOL it's so good.
Tue 03/09/02 at 00:55
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Edgy wrote:
>
> Stereoptypical idiot.
>
>
>
> still at least i had a better reason to hate the GC than nintys do
> to
> hate the x box, all they say is x box sucks cause it does.
>
> Because the games are cute and fluffy? Grow up. I used to dislike the
> X-box - mainly because it's controller and because none of the
> exclusive games appealed to me. I'm a Nintendo fan, and I've never
> made an 'X-box sucks' topic. You however, seem to have the wrong
> attitude when it comes to gaming.

well as you'll see above my comments made Edgy call me a Stereoptypical idiot and then he says that little bit below?

ok fair enough he's never made an x box sucks but i never said it was him that did.

i was getting at the fan boys which Edgy also claimes he isn't so edgy why are you so angry?

if you've got the right attitude to gaming why are you replying at all?

and me to grow up? then maybe so should you as your the one with the 'kiddie' game's machine.

oh here we go not for kids ok then ask most adults what console they go for in the say 18-25 bracket and see how many would say GC over an x box or PS2.

face it most games on x box and PS2 are aimed at gamers who have grown out of ninty's platform world.

i aint a nintendo hater it's just none of the games appeal to me, i want a little bit of realism not much just a little. i don't want every game to look like a cartoon like mario sunshine, Zelda and smash bros melee.

i also want great online gaming and so far the x box looks best supported with 60 games companies supporting. the PS2 closely follows with 16 and nintendo they errrr got 1 sega LOL

everyone to there own and as long as your happy with your GC then good, i'm happy with my PC and there's still a few things i want for PS2 but i really want an x box when x box live comes out.
Mon 02/09/02 at 18:55
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Hmmm, Car'nt we just let this post drop?
>
> Not a big fan of the GC myself, but its one brilliant console, same as
> the Xbox - Except the PS2 i just totally despise that hunk of junk (in
> a nice way)

no never hehe

and all i was saying is i hate the GC is not like your gonna make me get one or anything and i doubt 1 less sold will make much difference just makes me laugh when people say things like it's not worth posting to topics like this and you all still do hehe
Sun 01/09/02 at 21:59
Regular
Hmmm, Car'nt we just let this post drop?

Not a big fan of the GC myself, but its one brilliant console, same as the Xbox - Except the PS2 i just totally despise that hunk of junk (in a nice way)
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:49
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
>
> and i think it's so funny watch ninty's slating my post, look back to
> a post like the x box sucks one that was written and you'll see that
> my post is almost done in the same childish way as how a ninty would
> of done it.

That's a complete generalisation, that post was written by a confirmed spastic so comparing yourself to him/her/it doesn't really do much for your case.

> still at least i had a better reason to hate the GC than nintys do to

Yet again a complete generalisation, because of one inbred you seem to have the idea that all Ninty's (does anyone hate that word as much as I do) are the same. No one here hates the Xbox, only morons hate consoles, it's a bit of electrical equipment for fecks sake.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:46
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
>
> Indeed, GameCube games are funny. That is a good thing. They
> entertain
> you and you just admitted it.
>
>
>
>
> yeah but for all the wrong reasons mate.
>

You're not my mate.

>
> and i think it's so funny watch ninty's slating my post, look back to
> a post like the x box sucks one that was written and you'll see that
> my post is almost done in the same childish way as how a ninty would
> of done it.

Stereoptypical idiot.

>
> still at least i had a better reason to hate the GC than nintys do to

Because the games are cute and fluffy? Grow up. I used to dislike the X-box - mainly because it's controller and because none of the exclusive games appealed to me. I'm a Nintendo fan, and I've never made an 'X-box sucks' topic. You however, seem to have the wrong attitude when it comes to gaming.
Sun 01/09/02 at 20:13
Regular
~Resurection~ wrote:
> cool i'd start on the x box then PS2 and spend 3 days smashing the GC
> none stop actualy i doubt i'd stop after 3 days.

Erm.. okay..

> LOL to say the GC isn't grown up i mean come on, look at the games and
> there style on sav's E3 DVD you have to pick this DVD up as the GC
> lineup makes me laugh so much.

What kind of argument is that? If you laugh at quality, innovative and original games then that's your problem, but I think you'll find that the majority of gamers (that's the educated ones) see the GameCube's pre-christmas line up as some of the best titles ever.

> then you got x box with it's "thinking games" where there's
> a bit more than jumping platform to platform.

I can tell this is not an educated comment as there is not one GameCube game which consists of 'jumping platform to platform'. Also, I challenge you to find a Nintendo game that doesn't take skill or a certain amount of logical and lateral thinking.

> also look how boxed in metroid looks, in halo you have vast open
> landscapes you can see for miles it gives a great feel for distance on
> metriod your so boxed in that fighting 1 enemy without getting hit is
> almost impossible.

Those shots you've seen have been of inside buildings, and I suggest you think a bit more before you're next post. Metroid Prime will contain a healthy balance of quality FPS action both indoors, and outside in the vast areas that Brinstar has to offer.

And by the way, Halo is overhyped. I've played it, and in my opinion, though excellent, it can't compare to the brilliant Deus Ex on PC and PS2. Also, the reason nobody's taking your views into consideration is because you're knocking a game you haven't even played.
Sun 01/09/02 at 17:04
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Prisoner Of War - another thinking game to add to the list. ;-)
Sun 01/09/02 at 15:23
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Edgy wrote:

> Indeed, GameCube games are funny. That is a good thing. They entertain
> you and you just admitted it.
>

yeah but for all the wrong reasons mate.

and i think it's so funny watch ninty's slating my post, look back to a post like the x box sucks one that was written and you'll see that my post is almost done in the same childish way as how a ninty would of done it.

still at least i had a better reason to hate the GC than nintys do to hate the x box, all they say is x box sucks cause it does.
Sun 01/09/02 at 15:05
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Commandos2 is another thinking game by the way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.