GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NO SHENMUE 2X IN EUROPE!!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 12:41
Regular
Apparently, Infogrammes which are making Shenmue 2x for XBox are releasing it in America.... but not in europe apparently!!!

Looking at xbox.com/uk Shenmue 2x has been taken off of the release list!!!! Miscorosft refuses to comment on anything but it has been said that MS say that: Shenmue 2x does not suit Europe!

I think its totally unfair if this news is true, after all Shenmue 2 was released in Europe for Dreamcast!!!

This news can be found on teletext on Channel 4. Check out pg. 480 and click on the news section and read it there, straight from the horses mouth!!!

I HOPE MS CHANGE THEIR MIND!!!!!!!!
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:27
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I thought this was quite ammusing news!

Sega release Shenmue 2 in EU and not the US cos the first didn't sell aswell in the US as other areas. And now Microsoft reckon Shenmue 2 isn't popular in EU and is releasing it in the US! LOL! Now if this kind of madness doesn't force Sega to release the game on say.... GC, then I don't know what will.

I'll be damned if I don't get to play Shenmue 3!!! It better get released on some console in the UK!

:)
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:24
*starts looking for a mod chip*
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Well Shenmue 2 on the DC was NEVER released in America due to it being converted to the Xbox. So maybe Shenmue 2 on the Xbox will be an American only title.

IMO I think that they should re-release Shenmue 1 and 2 in all regions and then release Shenmue 3 afterwards. As Shenmue is a game where it helps to have played the previous versions.
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:10
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Thast exactly what I was thinking.

Do check out the teletext site, because Im not making any of this up if anyone doesnt believe me.

Its such a shame, I HOPE they change their minds!

.....If its not released in Europe then it looks unlikely for Shenmue 3 to even be released!!! After all how can they make back their money without selling it to Europe..... Europe makes up a HUGE chunk of the gaming market!

If this is true..... Im wopndering if it could be fatal for the Shenmue series as a whole!
Wed 28/08/02 at 13:04
Regular
It's bad news (if it's true) for those who've never played Shenmue and were waiting for the XBOX version.

I hope this doesn't mean Shenmue III will not be coming out in Europe.
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:58
Regular
Wtf? We'll have to wait and see.
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:48
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Its also ironic to think that Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast may well have prevented a release of Shenmue 2 on XBox!

Apparantely poor sales of Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast is preventing a release in Europe....... This is breaking news, and MS, Sega or Infogrames refuse to say anything on the matter...... its not confirmed yet that it wont be released, but at the moment it looks likely to be canned for Europe!

Did Shenmue 2 on DC ruin the chances fo an XBox release in Europe, if it is, then it will be very ironic indeed!
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:41
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
Apparently, Infogrammes which are making Shenmue 2x for XBox are releasing it in America.... but not in europe apparently!!!

Looking at xbox.com/uk Shenmue 2x has been taken off of the release list!!!! Miscorosft refuses to comment on anything but it has been said that MS say that: Shenmue 2x does not suit Europe!

I think its totally unfair if this news is true, after all Shenmue 2 was released in Europe for Dreamcast!!!

This news can be found on teletext on Channel 4. Check out pg. 480 and click on the news section and read it there, straight from the horses mouth!!!

I HOPE MS CHANGE THEIR MIND!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.