GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NO SHENMUE 2X IN EUROPE!!!!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/08/02 at 12:41
Regular
Apparently, Infogrammes which are making Shenmue 2x for XBox are releasing it in America.... but not in europe apparently!!!

Looking at xbox.com/uk Shenmue 2x has been taken off of the release list!!!! Miscorosft refuses to comment on anything but it has been said that MS say that: Shenmue 2x does not suit Europe!

I think its totally unfair if this news is true, after all Shenmue 2 was released in Europe for Dreamcast!!!

This news can be found on teletext on Channel 4. Check out pg. 480 and click on the news section and read it there, straight from the horses mouth!!!

I HOPE MS CHANGE THEIR MIND!!!!!!!!
Fri 30/08/02 at 14:39
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
gamezfreak wrote:
> What is Gamenetwork? I have NTL:Digital but i have'nt got this
> "gamenetwork" channel?

tis a crappy channel on digital satellite and you don't want it LOL
Fri 30/08/02 at 12:45
Regular
What is Gamenetwork? I have NTL:Digital but i have'nt got this "gamenetwork" channel?
Thu 29/08/02 at 22:51
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
That crappy low budget smelly channel has to be the worst thing running. The people on there don't know a videogame from a boardgame. Skanky mongoids. ;-)
Thu 29/08/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Please, please tell me that none of you lot lower yourselves to watching the piece of crap that is GameNetwork.
Thu 29/08/02 at 15:13
Stupid Digitiser spouting pap again, it'll be on Games Network in a few weeks as a 'breaking story':).
Thu 29/08/02 at 15:11
Regular
Yeah i regurly (sp?) go on the OXM forums, It was most likely just a rumour.
Thu 29/08/02 at 13:05
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
WE CAN ALL BREATHE A SIGH OF RELEIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the OXBM forums on their web sites, the official News Editor says that the news is untrue and that Digitiser have been reading 'the wrong web sites again'........ Gavin Odgen (I think he is calleD) says that it will definitely come to Europe!

NEVER TRUST DIGITISER! Until you hear it straight from the horses mouth!

Thanx.
Thu 29/08/02 at 09:14
Regular
Thinking about it though, Shenmue II was never released in the States, so I suppose they are due it more than us Europeans.
I own it on the DC, and I don't think the XBOX version will be much different anyway. It is graphically outstanding on the DC, and I doubt very much if anyting new has been added to the game structure or gameplay.

I'm not that bothered, but I will be mightily p!ssed if Shenmue III isn't released over here.
Wed 28/08/02 at 22:17
Regular
I tell you what, if Shenmue 3 isn't released in Europe on any of the next generation consoles I will write to Sega myself in a formal letter, it might not do a lot of good but it will let them know that I am disgusted! Shenmue's 1+2 are the best games I have ever played and although I am disappointed that Shenmue 2X *MAY* not be released in Europe, it wouldn't be half as bad if Shenmue 3 isn't, and I mean that! Which ever next generation console Sega choose to release Shenmue 3 on, I will own that console, but if they don't release the game in Europe I will be forced to import one but at the same time tell Sega that I will never purchase a game from them in Europe again! If more and more people complain then I am sure Sega would look at the responses and do something about it, if not they will have gone down in my estimations in a very big way.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:32
Regular
"¬_¬"
This is really bad news. Despite not owning a Dreamcast, I always loved playing Shenmue at my mates house and what not. I was looking forward to the Xbox version. Lets hope they change their minds, hey.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.