GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your plan?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/08/02 at 00:05
Regular
Like, for the next few years

For me, it's college for two years, where I'm doing a media course, then to Uni to do a more advanced one. Then, and this is just talk right now, I might be moving away and meeting up with two or three other film students I know somewhere down south, where we'll get a studio and make live action/animation and send it off to film companies, see if we get anywhere (er-no, you're coming with us, so grab your stuff)

Want to be a director, make action films etc, and that's the best way to go about it. Get onto small projects, work my way up

Heck, it's worked for almost every director out today

If I can't get into university, I'll just move after college (my friends should be set up and ready by then)

Nothing to keep me in Newcastle (where I live) as most of my mates plan on leaving, and if I have a girlfriend at the time, she would most likely move with me.

So what about you guys? What's your plan for the next few years, after college etc, for your life?
Tue 27/08/02 at 00:05
Regular
"That's right!"
Like, for the next few years

For me, it's college for two years, where I'm doing a media course, then to Uni to do a more advanced one. Then, and this is just talk right now, I might be moving away and meeting up with two or three other film students I know somewhere down south, where we'll get a studio and make live action/animation and send it off to film companies, see if we get anywhere (er-no, you're coming with us, so grab your stuff)

Want to be a director, make action films etc, and that's the best way to go about it. Get onto small projects, work my way up

Heck, it's worked for almost every director out today

If I can't get into university, I'll just move after college (my friends should be set up and ready by then)

Nothing to keep me in Newcastle (where I live) as most of my mates plan on leaving, and if I have a girlfriend at the time, she would most likely move with me.

So what about you guys? What's your plan for the next few years, after college etc, for your life?
Tue 27/08/02 at 00:21
Regular
nice to see your girlfriend has a choice! lol!

I want to go to uni. Get rich play golf until i am old! Hopefully get down to scratch handicap and then humiliate people with my skill.
Tue 27/08/02 at 01:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Well, I'll be 20, she'll be around the same age. If we're serious about each other, I'm sure she'd want to move with me
Tue 27/08/02 at 01:35
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Well it's back to college for me seeing as I mucked up my A Levels first time round, not that I did bad but I didn't know what I wanted to do back then so I need to change them now to continue my chosen career path.

I'm doing English, finishing my Media course (done half of it) doing Film, Photography and this other crappy one, I may also finish my ICT course but I doubt I will because I hated it. Then it's off to Uni to do a Journalism Course, so that should keep me occupied for a few years.

Fun, fun. My girlfiends not coming with me, she's too distracting.
Tue 27/08/02 at 02:36
Regular
Well, I'm doing my Business Economics in UNI for the next 3 years.

My cousin says she can hook me up with stock broker company in London. But nuff people chat enough crap. So who knows eh?

I honestly dont have a clue what to do after i finished UNI. The only reason i;m going is so i dont have to go into full-time employment now...

Had a little conversation with my dad about moving to Canada like Permanently. House prices are so flippin high in this country that if you flog your house you can get a similar house in canada and still have a few hundred grand spare. Woudnt even have to work for a year or two! If we sell our house now we can get about £250K for it. That would be close to bloody $600K Canadian dollers...A decent 4 bedroom house down there (British columbia) aint more than around $300K. Your laughin really... Just a thought...
Tue 27/08/02 at 02:51
Regular
"That's right!"
Canada... um... it's just north of America... that's about all it's got going for it, heh

My mate's mum's cousin sold her house in London, and because prices are so high there she was able to buy a big house and a bloomin' pub with the money when she moved here. Crazy
Tue 27/08/02 at 03:06
Regular
Uh huh, I live in Hertfordshire (just north of London) where even a little flat will set you back around £80,000.

Canada aint sooooooooo bad! Looking from a drivers persvective it would be pretty cool. Petrol is dirt cheap, and a average engine size down there is like a 3 Litre! And theres me driving around in my 1.2 Corsa...

Although, football (or soccer as them fools call it) aint so big down there...Football is one of a very few passions i have in life so i dont know if I could leave....
Tue 27/08/02 at 03:19
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Or†ega wrote:
> Had a little conversation with my dad about moving to Canada like
> Permanently. House prices are so flippin high in this country that if
> you flog your house you can get a similar house in canada and still
> have a few hundred grand spare. Woudnt even have to work for a year or
> two! If we sell our house now we can get about £250K for it.
> That would be close to bloody $600K Canadian dollers...A decent 4
> bedroom house down there (British columbia) aint more than around
> $300K. Your laughin really... Just a thought...

Ought to take a look at Newfoundland, St.Johns is a big enough city, and you'll find the housing prices are roughly the same as British Columbia if not lower. Aside from the details you mentioned on the cost, and car power which both apply there too, Newfoundland is more British than the most part of Canada. They still acknowledge our monarchy as their royal family, and have a really welcoming attitude to anyone English, due to the friendly status we've had with them ever since we drove the French out for them. *smirks*

I've already finished my education, so I'll likely continue as is for the next year or two, that being working on developing an MMORPG and dabbling in web-design. Although I have given some thought to going into IT Consultancy of late, which would tie in nicely with the web development.

Soon as we complete our work on the current gaming project, I have a few more ideas I'd like to have a go at, before I start to look for a place to settle down (namely not in the UK because it's screwed to hell and back. ;) ). Depending on my situation then I may look into getting a job in a larger development company, or if ours has taken off nicely, continue to "experiment" with a few more ideas.
Tue 27/08/02 at 08:46
Regular
I'm going to study Art & Design and hopfully get into the business of designing games for well known companys. Of course its not going to be easy, but I have enough ideas to make it happen. Also, this home computer I'm using will give me a good start and with my parents 'funding' my education, I've got an even better chance of being what I want to be.

I'm also hoping to move out of this country to a place that's no-less than a million miles away from it, because its the laughing stock of the world.

Other than doing all them things above, I'll be just playing games all my life.

So then... what else is there to life? Hmmmm oh yeah, having sex.
Tue 27/08/02 at 09:47
Regular
I'm not really thinking past next June.

Start my final year at uni in September, can't really afford to screw it up otherwise I'll have wasted 4 years of my life.

When I've done the degree, who knows? I'd like to move back to Surrey and to be with my girldfriend. But then I'd like to stay on and do a Masters, or travel for 6 months or so, or get a job where I can live at home with my parents for a few months to get loads of money, or just go back to uni and strat a new course so I don't have to start working :-) or... the list goes on.

I don't want to plan too far ahead, as things can happen that you don't expect which will just p!$$ all over your plans. Just take it as it comes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.