GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hi everybody - I'm new"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/08/02 at 23:29
Regular
Hi, basically I've been a long time PS2 fan, and I've owned the console for a year and 4 months, and basically I think Gamecubes are rubbish!............................

Only kidding, I've realised that in this console war, the only way to survive is to own at least 2 of the next generation mothers, so I thought hey, the x-box just looks really tacky and has a controller that looks and plays like, well you know we can't swear here....

So I will be purchasing a lovely black gamecube; I'm sure it will sit nicely by my PS2, but anyway I think that the only 3 games I really want are,

Mario sunshine (sorry if thats not what its called but I'm sure you know what I mean)

Luigi's mansion

and the remake of Resident Evil,

Can anyone advise me on any other present and not to distant future releases that would knock the socks off any one who was hard to impress,

Just so there are know doubles I have Crazy Taxi for PS2 and Max Payne; not sure if Max Payne is out for Gamecube, but its out for x-box so I just thought it might be.

Also I know that the new Crash Bandicoot game is coming out for GC; if it isn't already,

does anyone know if it takes so really stupidly long to load as the PS2 version, basically it was the horrible loading times that discouraged me from actually purchasing this game for PS2 so thought if loading times were shorter on the ickle GC it would be a perfect oppurtunity to purchase it.
Mon 26/08/02 at 23:29
Regular
Hi, basically I've been a long time PS2 fan, and I've owned the console for a year and 4 months, and basically I think Gamecubes are rubbish!............................

Only kidding, I've realised that in this console war, the only way to survive is to own at least 2 of the next generation mothers, so I thought hey, the x-box just looks really tacky and has a controller that looks and plays like, well you know we can't swear here....

So I will be purchasing a lovely black gamecube; I'm sure it will sit nicely by my PS2, but anyway I think that the only 3 games I really want are,

Mario sunshine (sorry if thats not what its called but I'm sure you know what I mean)

Luigi's mansion

and the remake of Resident Evil,

Can anyone advise me on any other present and not to distant future releases that would knock the socks off any one who was hard to impress,

Just so there are know doubles I have Crazy Taxi for PS2 and Max Payne; not sure if Max Payne is out for Gamecube, but its out for x-box so I just thought it might be.

Also I know that the new Crash Bandicoot game is coming out for GC; if it isn't already,

does anyone know if it takes so really stupidly long to load as the PS2 version, basically it was the horrible loading times that discouraged me from actually purchasing this game for PS2 so thought if loading times were shorter on the ickle GC it would be a perfect oppurtunity to purchase it.
Mon 26/08/02 at 23:35
Regular
Hmm.. I'd reccomend Super Smash Bros. Melee and Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2. Also, StarFox Adventures is a must buy. For a full low down on the GameCube, I suggest you read through all the posts in the 'To Buy or Not To Buy' topic by da_1_n_only.

The new Crash game will be Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath Of Cortex and apparently it will have no loading times (just like all GameCube games) and will have new GameCube extras.
Tue 27/08/02 at 00:19
Regular
Loading times on the GC are the shortest of the 3 consoles. In fact, out of the seven games I currently own only THPS3 (which is a PS2 port) and Waverace actually have loading times. I wouldn't normally do this but I'll give a list of some of the games I'm going to be getting, hopefully there will be plenty you'll like :)
Tue 27/08/02 at 00:49
Regular
These are games I'm definatly getting(!)

1080: White Storm
Animal Crossing
Bomberman Generations
Burnout 2
Cubeivore
Die Hard: Vendetta
Donkey Kong Racing
Driver 3
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
F-Zero
Golden Sun
Kameo: Elements Of Power
Mario Golf
Mario Kart
Mario Party 4
Mario Tennis
Medal Of Honour
Metroid Prime
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantasy Star Online I
Phantasy Star Online II
Resident Evil Biohazard
Resident Evil Zero
Sies Of Arcadia
Sonic Adventure 3
Soul Calibur 2
StarFox Adventures
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball 2
The Legend Of Zelda
TimeSplitters 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Turok Evolution
Vexx
Wario World

And I'm considering these game:

Duke Nukem Forever
Galleon
Gladius (I think this is the one....could be Gladiator, not sure)
James Bond 007: Nightfire
Micomachines
Outlaw Golf
RTX Red Rock
Sonic Mega Collection
Tilt 'n' Tumble
XIII

I'm bound to have missed a few.

If you want to know anything about some of these games I'd be happy to tell you waht I know.
Tue 27/08/02 at 01:18
How can you afford all of those. I am getting 4 games and I am hoping to get em cheap or mooch money of my parents! (:)
Tue 27/08/02 at 04:33
Regular
Ahh I'll worry about that when the time comes.
Tue 27/08/02 at 12:25
"The Will of D."
I've got about games coming out at either before christmas or at the begining of the next year. They are:
Starfox Adventures
Zelda GC
Zelda GBA
Pokemon Ruby/Saphire
Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age
And maybe Metroid Fusion.
I don't have a job at the moment so i'm saving up big tme from now onwards.
Tue 27/08/02 at 13:26
i own smash bros and luigis mansion but im gonna buy turok mario sunshine rez remake but dont buy luigis mansion its a great game but it has poor replay value buy tony hawks3 but if youve got it on the ps2 dont bother buy pik min at 24 quid cant go wrong.
Tue 27/08/02 at 13:34
Regular
"egg heads replacmen"
thats metroid prime goku not metroid fusion

and im getting res remake starfox metriod mario turok and alot of other ones cant name all of them
Tue 27/08/02 at 13:39
egg head wrote:
> thats metroid prime goku not metroid fusion
> no hes write metroid fusion is coming to gba though
>
>

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.