GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The DC is coming back again??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/08/02 at 22:23
Regular
OK from the start i'd like to point out that the thread topic is actually asking a question not stating a fact.

But....

I was browsing through the Gamecube section on this site and i stumbled across an article talking about console online gaming and i saw the following...

Long forgotten by the goldfish-minded youth of today, Sega's white slab of joy was the console to own once upon a time, and although slow sales and the advent of new, more youthful consoles eventually saw it shirk back into a dark corner, the Dreamcast was the first console to go online - fact. And it's coming back. CSI of Japan have admitted that production of the Dreamcast broadband adaptor is to re-commence, after huge demand from Japanese punters. Around 1,000 new adaptors are to be produced for the initial batch, and should they be snapped up like industry pundits predict, even more will be spawned.

Now although this isnt actually saying that the DC will be resurected but it is a HUGE jump back into the limelight by Sega.

I cant help wondering what may happen if by popular demand the DC isnt allowed to sleep peacefully...

Maybe im just holding onto hope, maybe i should let go... well im not giving up on Sega just yet, they still have one of the greatest consoles on the market to this day and it is most certainly NOT dead in many peoples eyes. So lets see what happens from here.
Sun 25/08/02 at 22:30
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
Sorry i forgot to include the URL where i read the information at so here it is...

http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2052

As you may notice it is dated 23/8 so its a very up-to-date news item which breathes new optimism and hope :)
Sun 25/08/02 at 22:23
Regular
"An Evil Resident"
OK from the start i'd like to point out that the thread topic is actually asking a question not stating a fact.

But....

I was browsing through the Gamecube section on this site and i stumbled across an article talking about console online gaming and i saw the following...

Long forgotten by the goldfish-minded youth of today, Sega's white slab of joy was the console to own once upon a time, and although slow sales and the advent of new, more youthful consoles eventually saw it shirk back into a dark corner, the Dreamcast was the first console to go online - fact. And it's coming back. CSI of Japan have admitted that production of the Dreamcast broadband adaptor is to re-commence, after huge demand from Japanese punters. Around 1,000 new adaptors are to be produced for the initial batch, and should they be snapped up like industry pundits predict, even more will be spawned.

Now although this isnt actually saying that the DC will be resurected but it is a HUGE jump back into the limelight by Sega.

I cant help wondering what may happen if by popular demand the DC isnt allowed to sleep peacefully...

Maybe im just holding onto hope, maybe i should let go... well im not giving up on Sega just yet, they still have one of the greatest consoles on the market to this day and it is most certainly NOT dead in many peoples eyes. So lets see what happens from here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.