GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which game has the best music?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/08/02 at 20:21
Regular
For me it has to be Super Mario Bros 3

"Music is my mistress, and she shall play second fiddle to none". - Duke Ellington
Thu 29/08/02 at 10:53
Regular
yes that last post by me was off subject but tosh said the '64 was dead and i was just proving that it was in most ways "better" than the ps1.
Thu 29/08/02 at 10:52
Regular
I found that PS1 was really lucky that got the good start at the begining when it was released.

I got an N64 and i was really pleased with it.

Of course i played on mates PS1 and some of the games i really liked.

Then i played FF7 for 15 mins and i was hooked, so i went and got a PS1 with FF7.

I soon got more games and near tghe end i only had about 5 games i really really liked, that being FF 7 and 8, MGS, driver and hogs of war.
Now i know that there must be more games that are good, FF9 and GT series(although i hate racing games).

But i found that the games were not as good as the N64.

Now i know you will think im shallow but the graphics are all blocky, im only saying this becuase PS2 owners are going on about the graphics the ps2.
But when your used to graphics as good as the N64 its a let down.

Now to stop people saying im only intrested in graphics then no im not, i find that after playing the '64, which has no blocks in the good games, and then playing ps1 with the blocks lets the whole game down.
Im not talking little diffrence but massive blocks which are truely horrible.

Thats why i find that the games are not as good becuase the graphics do make you not enjoy it as much.

I think that the main games on the '64 wipe the floor with the Ps1 becuase of this.
If PS1 was a 64 bit, i think, it would have deserved the hype it got, and would more than likely be able to rival the zelda and perfect dark on '64.

Its really hard to try and explain what i mean, but i tryed my best.
Im sure if anyone can understand it they will be able to explain better, maverick where are you??
Thu 29/08/02 at 10:38
Regular
"Conker the King"
Actually, I've just been playing the soundtrack to 1080 snowboarding and that really is good music. From the opening music right through to the winners music its all great. Ive got both soundtracks, the US version and the Japanese and the Japanese one is far superior, (N64 Soundtrack Series) and also has remixes of some of the tracks. Golden Forest is one of the best (the Golden Forest course is the best on the game too)! I cant wait for the release of 1080 2 on the Gamecube.
Wed 28/08/02 at 18:15
"The Will of D."
Well done, yet another another enemy of Tosh. Keep em coming. I've already recruited two new newbies against Tosh TODAY.
Wed 28/08/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Conker the King"
A reply for 'TOSH' (or should I say Playstation lover)? The N64 is NOT dead, and NEVER will be dead. Are you another one of those half brained geeks who thinks gaming is all about graphics? (I thought so)! If you owned an N64 (now or in the past) you have GOT to admit that the machine and its games were and still are AMAZING! Take Perfect Dark for example. BRILLIANT level designs, AMAZING gameplay, OUTSTANDING music and to top it off RARE!! (need I say more)? (Whats happening with them by the way)?
Take Diddy Kong Racing, the game is 5 years old but its brilliant. It doesnt matter that it doesn't look real! Playing it, having fun with it and ENJOYING it is what its all about! Thats the whole point of gaming. If I wanted to play realistic games i'd open the front door and play outside for Gods Sake!!
Anyway, I think i've made my point. I love my N64, I love all my games (44 of) I love all my soundtracks and YOU wont EVER change my mind!

NUFF SAID!
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Gerudo music off OOT.

That rules.
Wed 28/08/02 at 14:43
Regular
And in the few weeks of school you have had off your spelling has gonE too ay tosh?

Also when your older i think you will see that things are good even if no one talks about them/not being made any more or are not the latest model.

I for one love the N64 and still play on it, i love the snes more though.

Talking about the snes i got one again, hurray.
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:44
n64 wont last 4 ever its already gon
Wed 28/08/02 at 12:38
Regular
"Conker the King"
I have CD soundtracks to loads of N64 games including F Zero-X, Banjo Kazooie and Diddy Kong Racing. I have to say that the best by far is the double CD soundtrack to Perfect Dark. It has every piece of music from the game and just sounds great! Mind you the soundtrack to F Zero is just as good, turn it up and annoy your neighbours! GREAT
Tue 27/08/02 at 12:52
"The Will of D."
I've always liked the end of game music from both N64 Zelda's and also Luigi's mansion end music.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.