GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Digital Camera"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/08/02 at 00:46
Regular
Ok, http://special.reserve.co.uk/ listings/extrainfo.php?co=GG2530 (Spaces)

At full stretch, I have around £40.

I want a small light compact digi cam that can take pictures. I dont want some ultra light camera thats made out of aircraft material. No. I was something that I can whip out and take some snaps with. (Dont be dirty ;oP)

I read the reviews and in the dark it seams not to take good pictures. It has a flash..

So, for £40, can I get anything better?

You challenge is set.
Mon 26/08/02 at 01:37
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Whooo! wrote:
> However, pixels aint the be all and end all..

Very true. If I had a higher res camera I would just scale them all down to 640x480, so buying a camera that only does 640x480 will be fine for me. Or so I though. However, I neglected the fact that not only does the CCD have poor resolution, it also has extremely poor colour depth, focus, etc... It's just a bad camera, as will most cheap cameras. That's what cheap means. The only problem is, cheap cameras are realy annoying.
Sun 25/08/02 at 23:50
Regular
"How Handy."
So bloody buy it then..
Sun 25/08/02 at 23:16
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Right.

I dont want a zoom.
I dont want a magical screen at the back. The LCD will do. It shows how many I have left and what mode its in thats all I need.
I dont want one that will give photo realistic reproductions.
I dont want to print them using gloss paper and my printer sucks anyway.

I just want. A simple. Camera.

Ok, you know those samples they give there? Yes? On the page, they have been taken in low res, and have been "optimised for web use" and they look alright. Just what I need.

I asked Rob, he said someone had one at i12. And the picture quality was nothing as good as that.

So SR, how can this be? Can't be fake advertising now can it?

Ok, some of the shots may come out crud, but I dont really care, as long as I dont point it at the sun!

I dont need /that/ camera. I just want a simple, cheap, cheerful camera. Thing is, im only 15. I no way have £200 to spend on anything, let alone a camera! I just want one, that I can take out and about with me, see something that intrests me. Take photo's, move on.

Simple. On not, as the case seams.
Sun 25/08/02 at 23:03
Regular
"How Handy."
However, pixels aint the be all and end all..
Sun 25/08/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
See, I dont wanna print pictures.. I just want them to look at. I may print a few, but not to replace photo's.

Fog, I have a camera. It costs loads to get them developed, having to send them off, only having around 27shots. And its not really practical.

I just want a little job, no zoom, no little screen on the back, nothing much, just a button. I just dont want al the pictures to be pink :o) I'll check out that camera there, I remember Rob saying something about

1.3 Million Pixels or something is good.

Something :o)
Sun 25/08/02 at 19:51
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
try jungle.com

they have a 1.3 million pixel camera for £69

this would equate to 1280x1024 res.

the prints would be perfect in 6"x4"
Sun 25/08/02 at 16:16
Regular
"How Handy."
GasMask wrote:
> £600.
>
> Let me just think about that... HAHAHAHA
>
> Sorry Andi, im just not prepared to spend that much.

I know your not, thats why I didn't suggest it, I, however, am.
Sun 25/08/02 at 10:58
Regular
""
I got myself a Fuji6900. Around the 600 smackers mark. Must say, it doesn't do my washing or ironing, but it does everything else.

I spent about 200quid on my first digital camera - an Olympus. And its definately a case of you get what you pay for. The Olympus was fine for everyday use. Not a great zoom, and the pictures could be a bit flakey when you zoom in using Adobe. But it was great for using in the pub and stuff.

For 40quid I would wonder why youre bothering. Itll be the same sort of quality as looking at a picture through tracing paper.
Sun 25/08/02 at 10:19
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
GasMask wrote:

> Im not gonna do professional stuff neither. Its just to take pictures
> of my maties. And the stuff we do and intresting cool things. Like
> weird sky patterns and star formations, cool animals, etc etc etc you
> get my drift.

Why don't you get a normal camera then? only real benifit from a digital camera I find is the 'no loss of quality' whereas if you don't need it for online purposes..etc you might aswell get a normal camera and you'll get better quality with that than some cheap camera.

£600 would be nice but I guess you'd have to justify the cost.
Sun 25/08/02 at 09:29
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
£600.

Let me just think about that... HAHAHAHA

Sorry Andi, im just not prepared to spend that much.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.