GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Firefox 3 Download Day - Download Now!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/06/08 at 15:19
Regular
I love Firefox (and Safari and Opera) so I'm joining in with their clever campaign to plug the new Firefox 3 release that's launching later today.

Why You Should Download Firefox 3 Right Now

So if you like Firefox and want to help them set a new record for most downloads in 24 hours, then clink the link below after 6pm tonight.

[B]Download Firefox 3[/B]

----
Mozilla Blog

The outpouring of interest and enthusiasm around Firefox 3 has been overwhelming (literally!). Our servers are currently feeling the burn and should be back to normal shortly. Download day will officially commence once the site goes live. The 24 hours period will be clocked from that moment. Thanks for your continued support.
Tue 17/06/08 at 15:19
Regular
I love Firefox (and Safari and Opera) so I'm joining in with their clever campaign to plug the new Firefox 3 release that's launching later today.

Why You Should Download Firefox 3 Right Now

So if you like Firefox and want to help them set a new record for most downloads in 24 hours, then clink the link below after 6pm tonight.

[B]Download Firefox 3[/B]

----
Mozilla Blog

The outpouring of interest and enthusiasm around Firefox 3 has been overwhelming (literally!). Our servers are currently feeling the burn and should be back to normal shortly. Download day will officially commence once the site goes live. The 24 hours period will be clocked from that moment. Thanks for your continued support.
Tue 17/06/08 at 15:26
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I'll be on it when I get home from work :)
Tue 17/06/08 at 16:55
Regular
I ise Firefox. What will 3 give me that's so great compared to 2?
Tue 17/06/08 at 17:12
Regular
YH wrote:
> I ise Firefox. What will 3 give me that's so great compared to 2?

Oh dear I wasn't expecting questions, help me out here Garin.

Umm well here's a list of features for Firefox 3 beta but I'm not sure if that's all of them.

I skipped FF2 so big difference I notice is no more memory hogging. The more detailed address history is useful, so is the "recently closed tabs" list. Oh and I like it that I can type "iplayer" and have it take me to the BBC iPlayer site.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:04
Regular
Oh dear, I'm trying to go to the site but it seems to be running very slow and I think it just crashed.

No one could have ever predicted this would happen.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:14
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
> No one could have ever predicted this would happen.

Hmmm...
See tag line.

As a FF user I'm surprised you were using version 1 - you would have been open to quite a few 'vulnerabilities' (as they say)!

I run FF but I'm quite happy using IE7(along with the IEPRO) plugin for my day-to-day use.

Guess I'm not 'hip' as I quite like Microsoft products and people like to knock them :P

Search Freeola Chat
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
FF2 was awful for memory (and sometimes CPU) hogging, at least on Linux. Wasn't so bad on Windows, but I switched to K-Meleon a while back, which has seemed a lot lighter.
So I'm hoping that things will be better in FF3, but the site's down for me :p
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
I don't get the Awesomeness of the Awesome bar... Sound's like it should be an obvious standard to me.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:33
Regular
Oh god what a tragedy, all the sites are down. Who would have thought over half a million people would try and download it in the first few minutes. :(

I don't hate Microsoft, I like their umm, their umm err ah yes MSN, I enjoy using MSN. There was something in the news today about XP and Vista. I'm in no hurry to upgrade. Infact if I had the money I would seriously consider a Mac or even Linux.

I'm too cool for school.
Tue 17/06/08 at 18:38
Regular
"Mooching around"
Machie wrote:
> Oh god what a tragedy, all the sites are down. Who would have
> thought over half a million people would try and download it in
> the first few minutes. :(
>
> I don't hate Microsoft, I like their umm, their umm err ah yes
> MSN, I enjoy using MSN. There was something in the news today
> about XP and Vista. I'm in no hurry to upgrade. Infact if I had
> the money I would seriously consider a Mac or even Linux.
>
> I'm too cool for school.

But... Vista doesn't suck as much as people make out tbh. If you have a half decent computer, these days, then it'll run perfectly and look "ooo" :)

Although, I'd always stand up for Ubuntu :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.