GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gamecube - is it what its cracked up to be?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/08/02 at 22:24
Regular
i own an xbox and this pos**t is coming from a neutral point of view.

I'm not one to insult things which i do not own or wish to own.

Nor am i biased in any way, shape or form.

But this is an exception, "the gamecube is sh*t".

I'm sorry to the loyal nintendo fans but there is no other word for it.

I mean cum on, u only have to look at it to know that it's rubbish.
The specs of the machine are the wors**t of the three next gen consoles.
The games are aimed towards 5 year olds, apart from a few, namely perfect dark zero.

And the thing itself would be better at being a six sided dice used for board games than a computer, if u ripped the handle off and drew a few dots on each side then it would be perfect as one of them big dice used at nurseries.

One other thing the colour, purple, it sums the whole thing up really.

nuff said.
Thu 22/08/02 at 17:31
Regular
Yup its just down to preference, But i feel the Xbox and GC are the best consoles on the market (in an unbiased way)
Thu 22/08/02 at 15:41
Regular
Mantis wrote:

> Everyone has likes, dislikes and preferences. People should take that
> into account more often.

Finnaly some one has some sense, sorry to people who think the same but just dont say it.

I own a PS2 and a GC and thinking of getting a Xbox, thats why im here to get a bit of info about the games and things.

Anyway i agree some people will think that one console is better than the other.

This is a text book arguement coming from a xbox owner, biased or not, the specs thing is what the xbox is so great, but you have to ask your self does the diffrent in specs really show up on the game?

Its the game that uses the power if that game doesnt use the power you may as well not have it there to use.

Also when you specs do you mean the one where it says about the polygons, well you cant do that because the GCs one is when its running textures and everything when the PS2 and XBOX arnt.

May i add i may be a little biased towards the GC because i grew up on nintendo systems, but i would still stick up for the xbox if a nintendo fan said the xbox was rubbish as it just shows the lack of intelligence that person has to write a topic for people who has now almost lost intrest in the console wars and id rather have a GC on the shelfs than some one like him/her owning it.
Thu 22/08/02 at 15:10
Regular
Mantis wrote:
> Well done Edgy, methinks you just unknowingly started another console
> wars thread.

No, az_00_uk did that all by himself. I haven't said the GameCube or Playstation 2 is better, just pointed out that az_00_uk was talking more rubbish than George Bush!
Thu 22/08/02 at 14:07
Regular
lol, LOVE the reply Edgy.

I fully back that up.

Gamecube is a brillaint console along with the Xbox and PS2, But the console does'nt appeal to me, but you don't see me writing posts about it do you.

Now shut up and grow up.
Thu 22/08/02 at 12:16
az_00_uk or whatever your name is... SHUT THE H#LL UP!!
We're trying to get rid of these stupid and boring fanboy console war topics that are clogging up the forum. You have obviously been away from the forums for a bit and they have obviously changed since you were last here. Your 'facts' are all wrong and dated and your statements aren't even backed up with real reasons!
Come back when you're out of year 2 and have learned that you is spelt with three letters!
Thu 22/08/02 at 00:39
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I'm sure people have already said this, but you're topic is highly flawed. Let me give a few examples:

1) You say that the console is "sh*t" sighting the reason that it has the poores**t specs of the 3 consoles. Any real gamer would care more about the games than the specs. This forum is for intelligent gamers who relise that.

2) The console isn't the leas**t powerful anyway. They're all quite equal. The PS2 has the lowes**t specs, but has had more development experience.

3) The games are aimed towards 5 year old kids. I don't entirely disagree- Nintendo themselves ARE a children/family orientated company, and many of their games are aimed at kids. However, every console has their fair share of kiddy games. Meanwhile the GC has some great third party developers, including Rare, Capcom (The whole Resident Evil series is GC exclusive), Namco and Sega.

Now, even Xbox owners who write in these forums have the intelligence to see that each of the three main consoles has great games, and each is worth buying. Many people here actually own more than one console to allow them to play the larges**t range of games possible. In here we care about playing great games- regardless of whether the console is made by Sony or Nintendo- in the way true gamers should.

Kindly s**top pos**ting such rubbish.

Sonic
Thu 22/08/02 at 00:38
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Well done Edgy, methinks you just unknowingly started another console wars thread.
Thu 22/08/02 at 00:29
Regular
az_00_uk wrote:
> i own an xbox and this pos**t is coming from a neutral point of view.
>

More like a biased point of view. Not owning a GameCube doesn't make you less biased, nor does owning an X-box.

> I'm not one to insult things which i do not own or wish to own.
>

You are, as the following shows!

> Nor am i biased in any way, shape or form.
>

Not at all! (sarcasm)

> But this is an exception, "the gamecube is sh*t".
>

No it isn't.

> I'm sorry to the loyal nintendo fans but there is no other word for
> it.
>

'Fun' springs to mind...

> I mean cum on,

Get me some kleenex firs**t so I can wipe up the mess.

u only have to look at it to know that it's rubbish.

Yeah, cosmetics are everything when it comes to great games!

> The specs of the machine are the wors**t of the three next gen
> consoles.

No they're not - shows how much you know.

> The games are aimed towards 5 year olds, apart from a few, namely
> perfect dark zero.

Perfect Dark Zero doesn't actually exis**t as of yet! And I'd like to see a 5 year old kid complete Luigi's Mansion without a guide or any help!

>
> And the thing itself would be better at being a six sided dice used
> for board games than a computer,

I doubt it - not at that size! It would knock all my houses and hotels down at monopoly!

if u ripped the handle off and drew a
> few dots on each side then it would be perfect as one of them big dice
> used at nurseries.
>

You've had experience?

> One other thing the colour, purple, it sums the whole thing up
> really.
>

What about the colour black, the other launch colour for the GameCube? Same colour as the X-box which is the same colour as the Plays**tation 2 which is the same colour as the Nintendo 64 which is the same colour as the Sega Saturn which is the same colour as the MegaDrive which is the same colour as the ZX Spectrum, etc, etc.

> nuff said.

From you anyway.
Wed 21/08/02 at 23:28
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
az_00_uk wrote:
> Thanks Mantis for showing some respect of my views.

I respect that they are your views but I don't agree with them.
Wed 21/08/02 at 23:15
Regular
"asdfjkl;"
Thanks Mantis for showing some respect of my views.

As for u Strafex, i think you'll find that my spelling and grammar are perfect apart from the slang words which have been used(this is the internet u know!!). And as for me being a nonse, how could i be when i am, according to u a 5 year old, or at least i have a "little head ", obviously referring to me being a young person.
U probably dont even know what a nonse is do ya, u pathetic hypocrit.

For your information a nonse is someone that likes children in a paedophilic way, so dont go around using words that u have no recognition of, Mr. big and grown-up.

By the way, your spelling is of a poor standard, i hasten to add.

So dont go and shout your big mouths off at me just because im given a view of something.

If u hadn't noticed this forum isn't owned by u, it is shared by a community.

Thanks for listening.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.