GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE Results Thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/08/02 at 21:54
Regular
Its that time of the year again when us students will have to find out what we've got for our exams. All that stress, being nervous, Aghhhh.

Anyways lets see what all users have taken there GCSES and post your results up on to this thread. If you done yr a levels, what the heck post them up as well. Also how u feel uve done. If ive done good ill post me results.

We'll see!!
Mon 26/08/02 at 18:58
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
>P.S.S I think my Dad just caught me downloading rude stuff. Bum

Lol,
Mon 26/08/02 at 18:57
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Didn't realise this post existed so I'll post 'em now:

English Language - A (WELL chuffed)
(Speaking & Listening - A)
English Lit - B (WELL chuffed)
French - B (I expected)
Graphics - B (I expected)
I.T. - A (Quite disappointed, should've done better)
Double Science - BB (Again, should've done better)
Geography - A* (Gutted...only joking!)
Maths - A* (Expected)

Also, I did Module 1 of A-level Maths and got an A (top grade). Chuffed.

P.S. Chuffed means I am pleased. It is in no way a homosexual term.
Mon 26/08/02 at 18:51
"Uzi Lover"
Read them when I was back from holiday...

Drama - A
English Lang - BB
English Lit - B
Geography - C
R.E - C
Maths - D
German - D
Science - DD
Graphics - D

Now let me clear it up :-D

Drama : Thought I had missed out on my A as the last performance went so wrong. Got an award in year 7 for being good at it and nearly a end of Year 11 award too. So...I could of got an A* :-D Doing it for A Level anyway...thats when it will happen.

English : Teacher was telling me I was aiming for an A, loved the subject, went in smug, went wrong, knew it, done bad. A level for that too...thats when it will happen.

Geography : After being moved from Higher Tier because of my 'attitude' (my username does not apply :-D) she refused, after numerous phone calls and meetings with my parents to put me back on it. All because I wasn't the most quiet kid in the class. Also let people come back and get a few marks on coursework to go up a grade but not me when I needed one more mark to get an A in it. I then refused to sign some contract thing to say I have done my coursework and she sprayed her poo breath on me. So I could of got a B if I was on higher, foundation was so easy.

R.E. : Sucks.

Maths : Always been bad at it, was going for a C, thought I probably got it as exam was easy but didn't. Oh well.

German : The teacher said I didn't say 'Ich Habe' and so missed out on a C. Stupid.

Science : Went downhill ever since I was sitting next to two girls for one year (one who was damn fit) and then I went down a set and was stuck with the less-fit one, but she distracted me more because shes a nicer girl. So, I blame it on them. But the test was easy?!?

Graphics : Why I got a D I dunno, but I done a wicked model which my whole class drooled over in the last 2 weeks when I was on holiday after doing nothing for all the other weeks. The folder was good too. Everyone was jealous of my model and folder...damn exam person.

I don't need grades anyway. Stryke says I'm gonna be a sensitive emo singer who covers Far stuff and stuff. If it don't work I'll busk.

Rock on.

P.S I will retake them all.

P.S.S I think my Dad just caught me downloading rude stuff. Bum.
Mon 26/08/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
LOL, teachers who likes em, only if they are nice looking like me tutor, she left as we left.
Sun 25/08/02 at 18:06
Regular
woah
Sun 25/08/02 at 17:24
Regular
i got:
1A
4B
2D (in english so i will be doing them next year)
1E

im pleased with them as i was predicted :

1C
7D
1E

also my teacher in year 6 said i would never pass an exam.

Have that you over worked under paided cant afford a car...... teacher.
Sun 25/08/02 at 17:09
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
True True, half the time I aint bothered doing any school work but I got to. I like playing me games and footie most the time.
Sat 24/08/02 at 23:52
Regular
"That's right!"
All school related stuff (except Science and DT) - the girls are better than the boys at

That's SATs, GCSEs, A levels etc

It's because subjects are set out so coursework makes up a big part of the course, and girls are proven to be better at coursework than boys (they care more for one thing) so obviously the girls score better

The "lads" attitude also keeps boys down, since it is "uncool" to do homework, work in lessons or revise, so they simply don't do it
Sat 24/08/02 at 21:40
Regular
"Look Ma, No Tagline"
Are girls really better than boys at GCSE's, is GCSE's only or is it the same with A Levels and with jobs etc?
Sat 24/08/02 at 19:26
Regular
"That's right!"
Solskjær wrote:
> Especially when it comes near the time of getting your results and
> they're moaning about how all the E's and F's they reckon they'll get
> when in-fact they end-up with the A's and A*'s you could see coming
> from a mile off!

-------

Indeed

They're the kind of kids who'd be getting As even if the government WASN'T making everything easier, yet they worry

*cough* Stryke *cough*

I honestly, truthfully thought I'd failed, and I know I only passed because they made things easier (since I didn't do any work)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.