GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Machie's CHARITY POSTATHON - Thursday 14th - 24 Hr Posting for Great Ormond St Hospital"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/09/06 at 12:50
Regular
[U]Machie 24 Hour Charity Postathon[/U]

Date : Thursday 14th September
Challenge : 24 Hour Postathon
Charity : Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity & Great Ormond Street Hospital
Fundraising Target : �100

----

How To Donate

If you would like your contribution to go to the Heal Cancer Charity please state when sending donations. Thank you.

- Paypal
Please if you can, send donations to [email protected]

- Cheque

- Postal Order

If you are sending a cheque or postal order please could you make it out to Mark Rowberry and send it to the following address;

Mark Rowberry
18 Cotteswold Road
Tewkesbury
Gloucestershire
GL20 5DL

Thank you very much for your kind donation.

----

Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity

On July 15th 2004 my father lost his battle with lung cancer and passed away at the Cheltenham General Hospital. He had already survived cancer 2 decades ealier, but this time it was too much for him. "I will survive this, I will!" are the last few words he said to me. Even to the very end he didn't give up and was determind to beat it. He was still in his early 50s.

Unfortunately I am sure I am not the only person to have lost someone to cancer. It has damanged many families and taken many lives. I would want more than anything to have a cancer free world, but for now all I can do is help raise money to support people with their fight against cancer.

Freeola has kindly pledged an incredible �120 to the charity

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Great Ormond Street Hospital treats more than 90,000 patients each year - children who are suffering from the rarest, most complex and often life-threatening conditions. GOSH provide these children with the best medical care that money can buy. With your donations we can help these children and give them the support they need. We were all children once and it must be terrible for them to go through this. So please if you can, pledge a donation and show your support.

----

I decided awhile ago that I would use the Freeola forum and have a 24 hour postathon. It's a good way to get you all involved and hopefully be more worthwhile than a 24 hour Simpsons marathon. So this Thursday as soon as the day begins I will start my challenge and you can follow my progress throughout the day.

Apart from the odd "stay-awake" at school I have not done anything for charity before. This will be my first fundraise and I hope to do many more in the future (marathons, etc).

If anyone is able to help and sponsor me (even £1 would be generous) please post a pledge in the thread provided. You can pay your donation via Paypal, Postal Order or Cheque.

----

If you have any ideas or comments or what have you, feel free to leave a reply or email me. Thank you :)

----

UPDATED - Thanks to the Freeola staffies for helping me with this.
Mon 11/09/06 at 12:50
Regular
[U]Machie 24 Hour Charity Postathon[/U]

Date : Thursday 14th September
Challenge : 24 Hour Postathon
Charity : Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity & Great Ormond Street Hospital
Fundraising Target : �100

----

How To Donate

If you would like your contribution to go to the Heal Cancer Charity please state when sending donations. Thank you.

- Paypal
Please if you can, send donations to [email protected]

- Cheque

- Postal Order

If you are sending a cheque or postal order please could you make it out to Mark Rowberry and send it to the following address;

Mark Rowberry
18 Cotteswold Road
Tewkesbury
Gloucestershire
GL20 5DL

Thank you very much for your kind donation.

----

Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity

On July 15th 2004 my father lost his battle with lung cancer and passed away at the Cheltenham General Hospital. He had already survived cancer 2 decades ealier, but this time it was too much for him. "I will survive this, I will!" are the last few words he said to me. Even to the very end he didn't give up and was determind to beat it. He was still in his early 50s.

Unfortunately I am sure I am not the only person to have lost someone to cancer. It has damanged many families and taken many lives. I would want more than anything to have a cancer free world, but for now all I can do is help raise money to support people with their fight against cancer.

Freeola has kindly pledged an incredible �120 to the charity

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Great Ormond Street Hospital treats more than 90,000 patients each year - children who are suffering from the rarest, most complex and often life-threatening conditions. GOSH provide these children with the best medical care that money can buy. With your donations we can help these children and give them the support they need. We were all children once and it must be terrible for them to go through this. So please if you can, pledge a donation and show your support.

----

I decided awhile ago that I would use the Freeola forum and have a 24 hour postathon. It's a good way to get you all involved and hopefully be more worthwhile than a 24 hour Simpsons marathon. So this Thursday as soon as the day begins I will start my challenge and you can follow my progress throughout the day.

Apart from the odd "stay-awake" at school I have not done anything for charity before. This will be my first fundraise and I hope to do many more in the future (marathons, etc).

If anyone is able to help and sponsor me (even £1 would be generous) please post a pledge in the thread provided. You can pay your donation via Paypal, Postal Order or Cheque.

----

If you have any ideas or comments or what have you, feel free to leave a reply or email me. Thank you :)

----

UPDATED - Thanks to the Freeola staffies for helping me with this.
Mon 11/09/06 at 13:55
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Sounds like a good idea, where are you hoping to get the sponsors from...? Just from Freeola forum members, or are you asking friends / family / colleagues / etc. for sponsorship too?

I'd be happy to be a Mod for an Intelligent Discussion forum if such a thing ever comes about, dunno about how you go about 'signing up' for the job though?

Good luck with it!
Mon 11/09/06 at 14:03
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea, where are you hoping to get the sponsors
> from...? Just from Freeola forum members, or are you asking
> friends / family / colleagues / etc. for sponsorship too?
>
> I'd be happy to be a Mod for an Intelligent Discussion forum if
> such a thing ever comes about, dunno about how you go about
> 'signing up' for the job though?
>
> Good luck with it!

Thanks a lot Sibs :D, hopefully friends, family and if I'm lucky, a kind forum member or two.

Oh that's wonderful, okay we just need two more then. There's an application on the main Chat page where you fill it the requestion. I'll help with the descriptions. But one of the mods will have to enter it all in. CLICK HERE.

I wonder if we'd be able to transfer some of the ID threads from here into it once we've got it running.
Mon 11/09/06 at 14:23
"possibly impossible"
Tony was here earlier. I'm sure he's still lurking. Perhaps he would be kind enough to let us moderate 2 forums, then I could help with the ID forum too.

The sponsorship thing is a good idea, but if you somehow make it official (not sure how you can prove it) then you'd find more people willing to help...
Mon 11/09/06 at 14:45
Regular
Not sure how I could make it more official either :(, I could call for one of their fundraising packs but I'd fear it would delay things by a week or two. If people do have doubts about trusting me with donations, I suppose they could always donate directly to the charity instead.

---

An original RPG, a webcomic, some tutorials, an animation, a murder mystery and possibly a podcast. Some of the things I'll be doing this Thursday.
Mon 11/09/06 at 15:33
Regular
To summarise, you're going to spam the forum in return for money?
Mon 11/09/06 at 15:36
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
So this is from 12am - 11-59pm Thursday?

I'll no doubt be here during the day to keep you company.
Mon 11/09/06 at 15:38
Regular
Ah cheers Smedlos knew I could count on you :D
Mon 11/09/06 at 15:53
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father a couple of years ago Machie.

On the days when no GAD is won, we give £30 to the Helen Rollason Heal Charity, which is dedicated to the support of cancer sufferers and to cancer research.

If you complete the 24 hours we will pledge 4 x GADS, i.e. £120 donation, to the Heal Charity for that day, instead of the normal GAD we give away on that day.

Heal Charity

I would prefer not to set up another forum unless the normal criteria are met, but we can provide some promotion for your efforts if you would like us to.
Mon 11/09/06 at 15:53
Regular
No offence, but posting multiple posts on a forum isn't something a person gets sponsored for. It requires little effort. You're stuck in front of a screen. Your fund raising efforts would be better spent on a more admirable scheme, be it a marathon walk or attempting to break a (tangible) record.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.