GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Machie's CHARITY POSTATHON - Thursday 14th - 24 Hr Posting for Great Ormond St Hospital"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/09/06 at 12:50
Regular
[U]Machie 24 Hour Charity Postathon[/U]

Date : Thursday 14th September
Challenge : 24 Hour Postathon
Charity : Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity & Great Ormond Street Hospital
Fundraising Target : �100

----

How To Donate

If you would like your contribution to go to the Heal Cancer Charity please state when sending donations. Thank you.

- Paypal
Please if you can, send donations to [email protected]

- Cheque

- Postal Order

If you are sending a cheque or postal order please could you make it out to Mark Rowberry and send it to the following address;

Mark Rowberry
18 Cotteswold Road
Tewkesbury
Gloucestershire
GL20 5DL

Thank you very much for your kind donation.

----

Helen Rollason Heal Cancer Charity

On July 15th 2004 my father lost his battle with lung cancer and passed away at the Cheltenham General Hospital. He had already survived cancer 2 decades ealier, but this time it was too much for him. "I will survive this, I will!" are the last few words he said to me. Even to the very end he didn't give up and was determind to beat it. He was still in his early 50s.

Unfortunately I am sure I am not the only person to have lost someone to cancer. It has damanged many families and taken many lives. I would want more than anything to have a cancer free world, but for now all I can do is help raise money to support people with their fight against cancer.

Freeola has kindly pledged an incredible �120 to the charity

Great Ormond Street Hospital

Great Ormond Street Hospital treats more than 90,000 patients each year - children who are suffering from the rarest, most complex and often life-threatening conditions. GOSH provide these children with the best medical care that money can buy. With your donations we can help these children and give them the support they need. We were all children once and it must be terrible for them to go through this. So please if you can, pledge a donation and show your support.

----

I decided awhile ago that I would use the Freeola forum and have a 24 hour postathon. It's a good way to get you all involved and hopefully be more worthwhile than a 24 hour Simpsons marathon. So this Thursday as soon as the day begins I will start my challenge and you can follow my progress throughout the day.

Apart from the odd "stay-awake" at school I have not done anything for charity before. This will be my first fundraise and I hope to do many more in the future (marathons, etc).

If anyone is able to help and sponsor me (even £1 would be generous) please post a pledge in the thread provided. You can pay your donation via Paypal, Postal Order or Cheque.

----

If you have any ideas or comments or what have you, feel free to leave a reply or email me. Thank you :)

----

UPDATED - Thanks to the Freeola staffies for helping me with this.
Thu 14/09/06 at 16:42
"possibly impossible"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> You're actually well past the £100 with the initial promise
> from Freeola - if I don't have to dial 999 before 12.00 midnight.

He won't be able to with those fingers after all that typing!
Thu 14/09/06 at 14:56
Regular
hehe, well I still wanted to reach a target, it's really great that they pledged £120. It'll really do some good.
Thu 14/09/06 at 14:52
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
You're actually well past the £100 with the initial promise from Freeola - if I don't have to dial 999 before 12.00 midnight.
Thu 14/09/06 at 14:45
Regular
Really? less than £8 to go? Yay! That's wonderful! I didn't think I'd actually reach it.
Thu 14/09/06 at 14:40
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I make the collection so far to be £92.71.

Aww.. overtired :(

Recount :)
Thu 14/09/06 at 13:55
Regular
Thanks so much McLong, this is really generous of you. And Miss Leading, again thank you for your helping me so much. I really appreciate this.
Thu 14/09/06 at 13:30
Staff
"After all this time"
Machie wrote:
> £10.71! That's wonderful, thank you so much for taking the
> time to do that Miss Leading, please be sure to pass on my
> sincerest thanks to them all. hehe this is great. Just under
> £20 to go. :D
I will, you are doing well.
Thu 14/09/06 at 13:05
Regular
£10.71! That's wonderful, thank you so much for taking the time to do that Miss Leading, please be sure to pass on my sincerest thanks to them all. hehe this is great. Just under £20 to go. :D
Thu 14/09/06 at 13:03
Staff
"After all this time"
Machie wrote:
> Miss Leading wrote:
> That's okay, will go upstairs to the guy's and see if I can get
> you a couple more pounds.
>
> Wow really? That's so sweet of you, the people at Freeola have
> already been so generous :') it's okay if you can't find
> anymore, their support is more than enough :D

So another £10.71 for you. The guy's here are as good as gold, hope to get a little bit more for you as some are on there lunch break.
Thu 14/09/06 at 12:50
Regular
Miss Leading wrote:
> That's okay, will go upstairs to the guy's and see if I can get
> you a couple more pounds.

Wow really? That's so sweet of you, the people at Freeola have already been so generous :') it's okay if you can't find anymore, their support is more than enough :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.