GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forget Console wars what's the best magazine?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 21:39
Regular
Hey everyone! just for a change (well really it's just for s**ts and giggles) what would you say is the best gaming magazine. It is a tough question but some one has to ask it. Personally i read "Nintendo Official Magazine" but what would you say is the best magazine!!
Mon 19/08/02 at 15:19
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Tha Criminal wrote:
> The Official PlayStation 2 Magazine, is the best magazine.
>
>
> I second that!

Yeah i may also agree that it is one of the best magazines but your not backing up your answers i mean what makes that magazine better than the rest. It sounds like your just being biased because that's the one you read and you have a PS2
Mon 19/08/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Whatever!"
Tha Criminal wrote:
> The Official PlayStation 2 Magazine, is the best magazine.

I second that!
Mon 19/08/02 at 15:09
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
yeah i generally agree with that although i've never read the official X-Box magazine for obvious reasons's
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:57
Regular
Official Magazines are the best.

Especially Official Xbox Magazine :)
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:55
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeah that seems to be very popular magazine to. lots of my friends get that as well as NOM. I don't though i guess one is enough for me :D
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Best gaming mag is Edge. Its only flaw is its review section, apart from that its always got the best articles out there.
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:40
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Thegerrid wrote:
>Also,most every other console magazine hype up every game they review, >and then, at the end, say it is rubbish (NOM do this a lot).
I object to that. NOM ussually some up there thoughts in the title of the review. For example Star wars for the gamboy advance had a terrible review and a terrible title to go with it.
Mon 19/08/02 at 11:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I read NGC, just renewed my subscription with them as well.
Mon 19/08/02 at 11:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think that PC ZONE is the best. It is mature and isn't filled with exclamation marks and guesswork.
I think that NGC is the best console magazine simply because it is also more mature, and has less of the headlines and buzz words. Also, most every other console magazine hype up every game they review, and then, at the end, say it is rubbish (NOM do this a lot).
Mon 19/08/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Maverick42 wrote:
> The official ones for each console. But overall, Nintendo Official
> Magazine wins by a mile. Soon to get GC demo discs, and great features
> each month, it's everything you could want from a mag and more.
that's not exactly true because in this month's issue they say :-

"Shigeru Miyamoto has often said, Nintendo is not happy giving away playable demos of incomplete games.This is the situation at the present time but we've but we have high hopes that it COULD happen in the near future especially since japanese Toys'r'us stores will soon provide demo discs."

So as we are all hopin against hope we will get these demo's there is no garaunty that we will but for me i'm happy with getting the free gamecube merchandise i get right now. :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.