GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forget Console wars what's the best magazine?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 21:39
Regular
Hey everyone! just for a change (well really it's just for s**ts and giggles) what would you say is the best gaming magazine. It is a tough question but some one has to ask it. Personally i read "Nintendo Official Magazine" but what would you say is the best magazine!!
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Hey everyone! just for a change (well really it's just for s**ts and giggles) what would you say is the best gaming magazine. It is a tough question but some one has to ask it. Personally i read "Nintendo Official Magazine" but what would you say is the best magazine!!
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:47
Regular
Official Xbox Magazine is my fave.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
I would say the Official Nintendo Magazine, but its writers have the intellectual prowess of a dead walrus.
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
lol your probably right although i beat two of them at a game of pokemon on my gameboy and they put my photo in the next issue and a wee sentence about me so i'm kinda biased ;-)
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
Cubist wrote:
> lol your probably right although i beat two of them at a game of
> pokemon on my gameboy and they put my photo in the next issue and a
> wee sentence about me so i'm kinda biased ;-)

Hehe, yeah, but surely it can't be too hard to beat those guys at anything though? ;)

Nah, seriously, I read the Official PlayStation 2 Magazine occasionally. It's big, full of reviews, previews and some decent walkthroughs/cheats, and has a massive index of scores for every PS2 game in the UK market.

Oh, and it comes with a top notch demo disc as well (I think it's a DVD.)
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:09
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Cool! i used to read that when i had my playstation but now i have a gamecube not PS2 so i swapped magazines to. I only ever bought nintendo official once when i had my playstation and it was to see my picture lol
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:12
Regular
"I like cheese"
Cubist wrote:
> Cool! i used to read that when i had my playstation but now i have a
> gamecube not PS2 so i swapped magazines to. I only ever bought
> nintendo official once when i had my playstation and it was to see my
> picture lol

Hehe, sounds about right.

"So Cubist, you beat us at Pokemon so as an avid fan of our magazine, you get to be in it!"

"erm...yeah, that's right."
Sat 17/08/02 at 22:34
Regular
I still say Official Xbox Magazine

Excellent DVD every month with Demos and Videos
Excellent News storys
Excellent Reviews
Excellent features, eg this month they did a feature in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

What more could you want from a mag?
Sun 18/08/02 at 09:53
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
yeah X-Box magazine is good but Nintendo does all that for the Gamecube AND Gameboy Advance and i don't know exactly why but the guy who owns nintendo has a thing about giving away demos but they are thinking of giving in game footage and if all goes well then we get demos too!
Sun 18/08/02 at 10:03
Regular
"innocent"
NGC

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.