GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Great idea for NINTENDO"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 20:19
Regular
This is a brilliant idea.Have any of you ever been to an arcade and looked around and said to your self 'Why the hell aren't some of these classics ever released to a console.I think Nintendo should seriously consider buying the publishing rights to most of these undiscovered gems as many serious gamers will agree that many will buy gamecube if it had say STAR WARS TRILOGY ARCADE as a gamecube exclusive

Also it would make it easier for companies to do talks with nintendo as they would be stablemates.Just imagine it nintendo and sega side by side developing new exclusives for gamecube.

Let's not forget it would certainly help the struggling arcades with nintendo helping releasing groundbreaking new technology on the arcade machines which all look very dated compared to the Gamecube

Here's a list of the game's which would do really well on the home market.....

DAYTONA USA 2 battle on the edge
STAR WARS TRILOGY ARCADE
SCUD RACE
RAVE RACER
SILENT SCOPE EX
TOP SKATER
ALPINE SURFER
RAPID RACER
THRILL DRIVE
RADICAL BIKERS
ROUTE 66 (18 wheeler 2)
EZ to DANCER

If Nintendo signed games of these quality as gamecube exclusives then the Gamecube will surely win the console war.

If anyone else has an arcade game which has never made it to a home console please reply

thanks for taking the time to read this forum.

CHEERS
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:34
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
TOSH wrote:
> Simzer wrote:
> Yeah. Apart from the fact that this time yesterday i WAS a newbie.
> I don't hate newbies, just you
> why

Do you really need to ask??
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
TOSH wrote:
> Simzer wrote:
> why

Do you really need to ask??
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Cubist wrote:
> are you talking about me or the guy that started this topic?

No TOSH
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:33
Simzer wrote:
why
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:30
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
are you talking about me or the guy that started this topic?
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:23
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Yeah. Apart from the fact that this time yesterday i WAS a newbie.
I don't hate newbies, just you
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:22
its ok simzer just hates newbies
Sat 17/08/02 at 21:19
Regular
Problem is, most of these games are pre-Dreamcast.

Besides, some of them are STRICTLY arcade.

Yes, Starwars Trilogy was great with the atmosphere, but the gameplay wasn't exactly groundbreaking, and would really suck on a home console.
Other games, like Rapids Racing was only good down to the special Arcade Suited controller (paddles in this case).

Still, keep coming up with ideas.
You're bound to come up with a decent one someday...
Sat 17/08/02 at 20:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I agree the reason i go to arcades is because i get to play games that i couldn't ussually play. And it just looks better when your sitting in a big seat using a joystick to destroy the death star instead of at home although Star wars rogue leader :- Rogue Squadron II
Sat 17/08/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
That's not a very good idea if you ask me.
If the games where on home consoles then arcades would lose money and the games would be short and crap .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.