GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Great idea for NINTENDO"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/08/02 at 20:19
Regular
This is a brilliant idea.Have any of you ever been to an arcade and looked around and said to your self 'Why the hell aren't some of these classics ever released to a console.I think Nintendo should seriously consider buying the publishing rights to most of these undiscovered gems as many serious gamers will agree that many will buy gamecube if it had say STAR WARS TRILOGY ARCADE as a gamecube exclusive

Also it would make it easier for companies to do talks with nintendo as they would be stablemates.Just imagine it nintendo and sega side by side developing new exclusives for gamecube.

Let's not forget it would certainly help the struggling arcades with nintendo helping releasing groundbreaking new technology on the arcade machines which all look very dated compared to the Gamecube

Here's a list of the game's which would do really well on the home market.....

DAYTONA USA 2 battle on the edge
STAR WARS TRILOGY ARCADE
SCUD RACE
RAVE RACER
SILENT SCOPE EX
TOP SKATER
ALPINE SURFER
RAPID RACER
THRILL DRIVE
RADICAL BIKERS
ROUTE 66 (18 wheeler 2)
EZ to DANCER

If Nintendo signed games of these quality as gamecube exclusives then the Gamecube will surely win the console war.

If anyone else has an arcade game which has never made it to a home console please reply

thanks for taking the time to read this forum.

CHEERS
Tue 20/08/02 at 09:08
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
Cubist wrote:
> Yeah i heard that in the nintendo official magazine and i think it's a
> great idea because the sega dreamcast was just a terrible console
> however sega make some of the best arcade games and if they can bring
> there arcade games to the gamecube then it will be GR8!

THE DREAMCAST WAS A TERRIBLE CONSOLE ???!!!
How can you say that ? Have you ever played one ? Have you ever given it a chance because you were too busy waiting for your ps2 or cube or xbox ?
NO i didn't think so.

I'll admit that i myself didn't buy a dreamcast until very late in it's short life, but when i did i was amazed by the quality of the games. I only had a few but they were good enough to make me love the console :

Soul Calibur - The graphics on this were amazing , the gameplay was great , and it looked and played better than some of the games on our NEW consoles.

Phantasy Star online - ONE WORD GREAT !

Crazy Taxi - It was a bit shallow , but the amount of times i didn't play my new gamecube , so that i could play that were into the hundreds !

Chu Chu Rocket - How much fun can you get !

and thats all i had , but it was a great experience and saying that the dreamcast is terrible is ... is ... not very nice :)

it may not be as powerful as the next next gen consoles , but it was home to some of the best games ... dare i say .. ever ! It pioneered the online console gaming, actually made it work reasonably well. The control , alothough comfortable was a bit dodgy , but it was ok.
The dreamcast was and still is GREAT !

anyway , getting back to the topic-

i think that only some arcade games should come to consoles , just look at Time Crisis on the PSX , i loved that game, purely on the fact that i had played it on the arcade and wanted it at home.

What about Dance Dance Revolution , that game is so cool ! And they released it on consoles so that you could practise at home , and then go and impress you mates when you start to dance while doing handstands , and flips and doing it without looking (just like my mate does ).

So what im trying to say is that arcade games should be released on the fact that they are there for practise , it may not be as fun as in the arcades , without the paddles , or the big car that you sit in , but at the end of the day , it will still be fun at home , and you'll be practising so you can beat everyone who comes in your way ! And if your really that desperate for that aracade experience , go onto ebay and buy one , or nick one from the arcade.( it cant be that hard)
Mon 19/08/02 at 21:41
Regular
That would be amazing. It could be held via NOM.
Mon 19/08/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I think that NINTENDO should have a competition to see who in the uk can design the best Nintendo game. All you would have to do is write a storyline and then if you wo you could get the game created in your vision! You could create your own items, secret rooms, Bad guys, weapons, magics etc Honestly how fun would that be!!
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:46
Regular
the new sega nintendo joint F-ZERO looks and sounds awesome.They should do a joint daytona usa sometime as that would rule
Mon 19/08/02 at 13:34
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeah i heard that in the nintendo official magazine and i think it's a great idea because the sega dreamcast was just a terrible console however sega make some of the best arcade games and if they can bring there arcade games to the gamecube then it will be GR8!
Mon 19/08/02 at 11:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Crazy Taxi is fantastic.
Also, I hope you all know that Sega and Nintendo are collaborating on lots of games, eg F-Zero.
And Nintendo are working with Namco on Lylat Wars 2.
Mon 19/08/02 at 10:56
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
I 100% agree with that but still you'd have to buy the guns etc because without the guns in the arcade the games are soooooooooo boring even if you still can complete it. It just adds to the fun that way!
Sun 18/08/02 at 17:30
Regular
I completely disagree. Though this is a good topic, it doesn't seem too well thought out. Games are in arcades for a reason - because their a quick blast of fun. They should stay there. Look at things like Crazy Taxi and 18 Wheeler - complete rubbish but great fun in an arcade.

Now what WOULD be a good idea would be if these short arcade games that are fun for a bit, but terrible to own were brought out on a multi game disc. Then you'd have, say, fifteen arcade classics to play for a bit of fun when you felt like it, and you'd get your money's worth.
Sun 18/08/02 at 15:09
Regular
"innocent"
I dissagree
Sun 18/08/02 at 10:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Apart from the oh so riveting topic were on now about how regulars hate newbies etc why don't we get back to what the topic's about. I've given my view but how about yours? We are all saying how bad his idea is (My god it is bad) but none of us are coming up with anything better! :s :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.