GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters,TekkenTag or RidgeRacer5?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/11/00 at 08:05
Regular
which game should i get with the ps2?
put them in rank-ing order....i need your advice people
now my thinking is like this:
1Timsplitters
2.tekkentagtournament
3ridgeracer5
4ss.x
5fifa2001

but i am not sure

i need to know what game to buy at lauch

please help me out guys
Sun 19/11/00 at 18:51
Regular
"new and improved"
BUY TIMESPLITTERS all the others are crap its the only good game avadable this year
Sun 19/11/00 at 18:51
Regular
"new and improved"
BUY TIMESPLITTERS all the others are crap its the only good game avadable this year
Sun 19/11/00 at 18:06
OK, here's my opinion...

SSX is a definite must buy. Graphics are SUPERB, and the gameplay is out of this world (literally!!).

Tekken Tag is my next offering. OK, it's like Tekken 3, but the tag option, BEAUTIFULLY anti-aliased graphics and increased character count make it worthwhile.

Ridge Racer V is OK (take it or leave it). It's a good racer, but rushed (glitchy graphics with a poor PAL conversion). If you get SSX, that will give you all the racing thrills you need until Wipeout Fusion and GT3 hit the shelves next year.

Timesplitters is OK too, but only as a multi-player game. Single player is too shallow, but still good fun. If I were you, I'd wait until "Red Faction" next year - that looks awesome!

So, here's a good choice:

1) SSX
2) Tekken Tag
3) Get those two, and use the rest of your hard-earned money to buy some DVD's instead!
Sun 19/11/00 at 15:49
take my advice and go for ssx!! its not like your usual snowboarding games, its more of a racing game. all the mags rave about it. timesplitters looks ok but only as a multiplayer game. you'll finish it easily in one player and then get board of it. I've seen tekken tag and its basically identical to tekken 3 on ps1. nothing different.
Sun 19/11/00 at 15:09
Regular
"new and improved"
ive seen runing footage of timsplitters yes its very smooth, defently worth buying
Sun 19/11/00 at 12:50
chriscg123 wrote:
> Timesplitters is the only good game all the others are pritty
> average.

yea i have though a lot bout Timesplitters......

i have 2 magazines of PSM2
and the pictures they have of timesplitters are good
as long as they are small

but the big pics look crappy and u can see the polygons.....

in real life is it smooth?

i know bout everything else in the game...i just wanna know if the graphics are smooth...
Sun 19/11/00 at 12:43
Regular
"new and improved"
Timesplitters is the only good game all the others are pritty average.
Sun 19/11/00 at 12:32
Regular
"Whatever!"
I would go for SSX or Tekken Tag. Timesplitters sounds alright but there will be better FPS out next year (Unreal Tournament, Half Life, TWINE) if you can wait that long. Ridge Racer V looks like a rushed job and FIFA 2001, dunno personally I would wait for a better footy game.
Sun 19/11/00 at 12:23
shezor i never had a ps1 a year ago and i never will.

but y ssx?i hate snowboard games and u can't play them in the summer coz it sucks

is ssx really good?how many levels r there?i know there a diff waypoints but what else is there?
Sun 19/11/00 at 10:11
1. SSx
2. TimeSplitters

I personally would leave the rest as you can just play the PS1 versions you bought a year ago on the PS2 anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.