GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"9/11... 5 years ago ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/09/06 at 22:53
Regular
The World Trade Centre towers were attacked and destroyed ... 2000+ people lost their lives ... workers, traders, firemen, policemen and not forgetting the passengers on the planes and also in the attack on the pentagon. On an average day up to 50,000 people were working in the towers, fortunately it was so early in the day most people were not at work yet.

Everyone says that if you were alive when the Kennedy assassination took place, you remember where you were when you heard the news ...

9/11 is the same in that way ... I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard ... Opening a bank account in Bamber Bridge near my house when I got a text off my friend Ben to say a plane had hit the towers. Thought it was just an accident, but upon returning to work in Leyland, Radio 1 had up to the minute coverage as the second plane hit. Then the towers collapsed and I was dying to return home to see it first hand on TV, couldn't really believe it.

I think I and all my friends were completely in shock about it all ... even watching it all again this week in the dedication programs shown, it's hard to take in. Such unimaginable destruction and loss of life. Surely the shock event of my lifetime, or I certainly hope so ...

We'll all be telling the story to our children one day of where we were when it happened ... so do you remember where you were and what you were doing?
Sun 10/09/06 at 23:52
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I remember it well. I came home from school and my Dad was sitting there watching it. The first plane had hit, then I watched as the news came in that the second one had hit and then that they had collapsed soon after.

Horrible day it was.
Sun 10/09/06 at 23:44
Regular
Yeah well I agree with you on that ... it has got sensationalised far too much ... all the hype surrounding it, it's just silly. And yeah it may prompt them to have another go. But then again you can't brush it under the carpet ...

When you look at other events like Hiroshima etc, it makes 9/11 look like a minor inconvenience. And yeah I know Hiroshima was in war time, but seeing as these fanatics slap on a 'holy war' sticker, I think it's much the same.

Still, to watch it now, it's still horrific ... people jumping to their deaths, and the buildings coming down, well if you hadn't seen it for yourself you'd never believe it.

End of the day these were innocent people who did stuff all wrong ... it's always joe sucker who pays the price for the idiots running the country. But is it all in the name of religion? I just don't know ... certainly the people flying those planes believed they were going to a better place. Makes me sad ... you only get one life, try and enjoy it, because there's nothing after it ... so I believe anyway ...
Sun 10/09/06 at 23:17
"possibly impossible"
It seems that bringing all this back on TV (I mean, 5 years, is that really an anniversary?) is just egging them on to try again. Surely they'll think 'hm, we scared them good, and they're still scared. It's worked well, lets do something else'?

Especially since the TV programmes so far seem to have tried to fit as much horror and graphic detail in to them as possible.

Don't get me wrong, it was a horrible event, but the media shouldn't go on and on about it in the context that they use, sensationalising the 'oh the horror...' moments. It's over, people are getting on with their lives. We should remember, but not let it affect us in a negative way.

And I won't even mention Bush and Saddam, with Bush trying to use a completely unlinked event to go after someone who was affecting his financial interests...

oh, and for the record, I was at work in a financial office and there were people that I work with in New York that day. Many of the ones in White Plains could see the event from their window. Now that must have been bad.
Sun 10/09/06 at 23:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I was waiting for a programme to come on TV and I was just flicking through the channels when I caught sight of a smoldering building.

The TV programme didn't come on so I watched the news coverage for a few hours and checked the old SR forums to see what the general reaction was.
Sun 10/09/06 at 23:08
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was coming out of high school chatting away to my friend when i heard some people saying that a plane had gone into the Tower so i rushed home and switched on the news and sure enough there it was. Spent the rest of the day trying to get in touch with my family over there and watching on the news
Sun 10/09/06 at 22:53
Regular
The World Trade Centre towers were attacked and destroyed ... 2000+ people lost their lives ... workers, traders, firemen, policemen and not forgetting the passengers on the planes and also in the attack on the pentagon. On an average day up to 50,000 people were working in the towers, fortunately it was so early in the day most people were not at work yet.

Everyone says that if you were alive when the Kennedy assassination took place, you remember where you were when you heard the news ...

9/11 is the same in that way ... I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard ... Opening a bank account in Bamber Bridge near my house when I got a text off my friend Ben to say a plane had hit the towers. Thought it was just an accident, but upon returning to work in Leyland, Radio 1 had up to the minute coverage as the second plane hit. Then the towers collapsed and I was dying to return home to see it first hand on TV, couldn't really believe it.

I think I and all my friends were completely in shock about it all ... even watching it all again this week in the dedication programs shown, it's hard to take in. Such unimaginable destruction and loss of life. Surely the shock event of my lifetime, or I certainly hope so ...

We'll all be telling the story to our children one day of where we were when it happened ... so do you remember where you were and what you were doing?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.