GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is a plea to Special Reserve."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/00 at 21:52
Regular
Hello.

In this passage, I will to refer to many things, this is what they mean.

"Regulars" - These kind hearted people come onto your website, and have fun talking to eachother, and post some great topics about games. Examples of these are: Ant, Elitesniper, Dan, Fogmaster, Fantasymeister. These people hardly win games, compared to the amount of work they do.

"We" - This also refers to the "regulars".

"Newbies" - These are the people that come on here SOLELY to win games, 95% of these will write one thing, steal a game from you, and then leave. The remaining 5% will stay after winning a game. These people do less work, and win more games.

"Staff" - This refers to anyone that works at Special Reserve.

We are getting very tired, and agitated at the fact that people come on here and win games, and never come back here again. This portrays the feeling of the forum simply being "used". We do not treat this forum like the 95% of newbies do. I.E. We do not have one night stands.

We care about the forum, and we enjoy returning to it, to post more things about games, and to talk to eachother. It is a social gathering as well as a games forum.

The staff, I believe, fail to see that we put much more effort and work into the site than the 95% of newbies, and also fail to realise that the newbies put no effort into maintaining their status in the forum.

Therefore, I propose this compremise. The newbies are unable to win, UNLESS they post at least 10 decent posts, which all refer to the name of the forum.

I have no say on the status of the reviews. I am happy that people can win with one review. I am unhappy with the fact that we put more time into the site than they do, but I understand that reviews have a better chance of winning a game.

However, it seems that newbies have a better chance than we do of winning a game. It also seems that whoever chooses gameaday fails to fully take in what has been written, and will ignore it if they have won before.

To summarise: We are unhappy with amount of newbies which simply leave after winning; we want newbies to post 10 decent topics before winning, to make the forum more effienent; and we want to have the same chance as winning as the newbies, which will also encourage more people to stay.

Thank you for reading. Any comments from the regulars will be welcomed.
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:13
I may be a newbie but you have to admit the prospect of winning a game everyday is very tempting offer.
The truth is alot of people come onto this sight
to talk but they don't know what to say.
Oh and by the way (I'm sure you already know this but)
Blue beetle has won twice and he's in your newbie list
and I think that's very unfair.
Also, this thing that you've made 'newbie',
it's a bit unfair because if you've just joined
then you are automatically a 'newbie', so you see
if people want to talk , according to you they shouldn't really win. Until they've been chatting for about
a........very long time.

(I must say that I do have alot of respect for all the
regulars, and I'm not trying to spark off an arguement
but it's just a little unfair that your singling out people just because they happened to win)

No disrespect intended, Witty Nickname
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:25
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
nicely said, couldn't have done it better myself, probably because I didn't think of it like that.
mass respect to you witty nickname. plus are you mates with little bluebeetle? where is he now?
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:29
Why Fogmaster?
Do you want to knock the living s*** out of him?
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:30
I think I do
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:33
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
no, you just made an excellent point, Ant has been moaning about this for a couple of days now, hes a real good guy and types some wicked letters on this site, i don't want to get at him but you point was good, ok, I never read any newbie rules when i joined, no one cared, I don't know who else was here when I joined though, how long is someone a newbie for? is it until they have won 3 games? does that mean Ant is the only non newbie?
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:40
I don't know why don't you ask him.

ANT....ANT.....are you here or anywhere on this site?
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:42
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
and you didn't want to start an arguement?

I just found out how to read my messages in my message and guestbook room without posting something, i'm so happy. i'm talknig about my webpage here. taken so long.
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:47
When did you join?

(and I wasn't trying to start an arguement)

Sorry if I'm a bit slow at replying it's just I have to
refresh my page every time you post a message
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:53
Yeah, I suppose I was a little bit ungrateful. I just get a bit annoyed about people who win and leave straigh away.
PS- Cheers for your nice comments Fogmaster, same goes to you.
Sun 19/11/00 at 17:54
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
don't worry about it, i'm fixing my webpage at the monet, I joined on march 28th 2000. a long time ago when i think about it, but it seems alot longer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.