GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is a plea to Special Reserve."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/00 at 21:52
Regular
Hello.

In this passage, I will to refer to many things, this is what they mean.

"Regulars" - These kind hearted people come onto your website, and have fun talking to eachother, and post some great topics about games. Examples of these are: Ant, Elitesniper, Dan, Fogmaster, Fantasymeister. These people hardly win games, compared to the amount of work they do.

"We" - This also refers to the "regulars".

"Newbies" - These are the people that come on here SOLELY to win games, 95% of these will write one thing, steal a game from you, and then leave. The remaining 5% will stay after winning a game. These people do less work, and win more games.

"Staff" - This refers to anyone that works at Special Reserve.

We are getting very tired, and agitated at the fact that people come on here and win games, and never come back here again. This portrays the feeling of the forum simply being "used". We do not treat this forum like the 95% of newbies do. I.E. We do not have one night stands.

We care about the forum, and we enjoy returning to it, to post more things about games, and to talk to eachother. It is a social gathering as well as a games forum.

The staff, I believe, fail to see that we put much more effort and work into the site than the 95% of newbies, and also fail to realise that the newbies put no effort into maintaining their status in the forum.

Therefore, I propose this compremise. The newbies are unable to win, UNLESS they post at least 10 decent posts, which all refer to the name of the forum.

I have no say on the status of the reviews. I am happy that people can win with one review. I am unhappy with the fact that we put more time into the site than they do, but I understand that reviews have a better chance of winning a game.

However, it seems that newbies have a better chance than we do of winning a game. It also seems that whoever chooses gameaday fails to fully take in what has been written, and will ignore it if they have won before.

To summarise: We are unhappy with amount of newbies which simply leave after winning; we want newbies to post 10 decent topics before winning, to make the forum more effienent; and we want to have the same chance as winning as the newbies, which will also encourage more people to stay.

Thank you for reading. Any comments from the regulars will be welcomed.
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:07
GAD is
> about the best contribution to the site. You would not expect
> mistakes from a staff writer, would you?

I guess not.
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:07
Quality not quantity!
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:05
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Dringo wrote:
> Am i not a regular?

To be a regular I think you have to come here regularly. But you don't have to post lots of stuff.
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:05
Regular
I used to be on allday every day.

But i lost NTL so i can only go on off peak and more significantly i've been doing my website at the mo.

I'm on all the time and i've been here about 9 months or so i can't remmember and i'm a semiregular!
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:03
Dring i reckon me and you are semi-regulars. : ¬ )
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:02
Regular
Am i not a regular?
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:01
Ahhh the info is revealed. :¬)
Mon 16/04/01 at 19:00
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
badger_guy wrote:
> I though GAD was about the ideas, and how clearly you can express the points you are trying to make?

GAD is about the best contribution to the site. You would not expect mistakes from a staff writer, would you?
Mon 16/04/01 at 18:59
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
It is about doing quality, readable posts. If two people do good posts and SR can not decide who wins for that day, punctuation comes into the matter. If one start off sentaces with lower case and forget to put full stops in etc, and the other person has included good punctuation, then it's not hard to see who the winner will be.
Mon 16/04/01 at 18:59
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
golden rhino wrote:
> do you have less chance of winning if the punctuation is poor?

Yes - significantly so.

This is up to the judges, not me, but I know Ali is keen on good English and punctuation. Joe might not be quite so fussy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.