GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"why i think that games will start to actually star movie stars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/00 at 16:51
Regular
i reckon that in a few years time. maybe even sooner, games will actually star movie stars as they would look like on t.v. if you have seen gladiator, then you will will probably have seen who even when proximo died, they actually textured his face onto another actors face meening that this could be the way forward for gaming. sure goldeneye is great but have you noticed that when you walk up to a guard his face is actually 2d. although his body isn't. i think that game creators will soon realise that they can record an actors movementand paste it into a real life environment. what do you think?
Sat 18/11/00 at 16:51
i reckon that in a few years time. maybe even sooner, games will actually star movie stars as they would look like on t.v. if you have seen gladiator, then you will will probably have seen who even when proximo died, they actually textured his face onto another actors face meening that this could be the way forward for gaming. sure goldeneye is great but have you noticed that when you walk up to a guard his face is actually 2d. although his body isn't. i think that game creators will soon realise that they can record an actors movementand paste it into a real life environment. what do you think?
Sat 18/11/00 at 18:26
Regular
In Gladiator, if you put your face real close to the tv, you may notice that his face was just cut and pasted on...

Good point though, although I am a bit unsure what the point actually was...
Sat 18/11/00 at 20:26
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Certain games already use movie stars in some respects as actors in FMV sequances. One recent (ish) one is James Earl Jones and Micheal Bien in C&C Tiberium Sun.
Of course these aren't as big as certain other actors but at the moment I can't see games companies paying millions to Tom Cruise to be their main character when they can have someone to do the job for not even a quarter of the price ;-)
With videogames becoming more popular all the time though, who knows what the future holds....
Sun 19/11/00 at 01:05
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Hasn't Bruce "Die Hard" Willis appeared in a few games?
Sun 19/11/00 at 11:56
What about the huge range of Star Trek games?

Patrick Stewart (Picard), Lenard Nimoy(Spock), William Shatner (Kirk), Gates McFadden (Crusher), Jonathan Frakes (Riker), Robert O'Reilly (Gowron), Brent Spiner (Data), Michael Dorn (Worf)

Need I go on?
Sun 19/11/00 at 11:58
And wht about the bloke who did the voice of Darth Vader in the original 3 Star Wars Films? He was in Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun!
Sun 19/11/00 at 12:10
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
do you like Star Trek?
Sun 19/11/00 at 12:12
I am a Sci Fi fan. I like most Science Fiction films/series
Sun 19/11/00 at 12:20
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
how many autographs have you got?
Sun 19/11/00 at 13:07
This will Eventually happen, remember the Mission Impossible Game, Tom Cruise held up the release of the game as he didnt want the Game to use his face on the main sprite without him getting paid for it.

The sprite doesnt have his face now, Actors are worried that as Specail effects get better Eventually you wont have to pay them $20 million per movie you just get some computer buffs to make a character that looks like them at a fraction of the cost.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.