GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I HAVE DEUS EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/11/00 at 14:18
Regular
It seems like an excellent game but I AM HAVING PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
At first I thought the menu thing had mucked up, but I changed it so it wasn't translucent. But, the game is a little stuttery, which I don't mind too much, but I want to get it sorted, BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS, on training, quite alot of the time when I move the picture is fine, but when I stop, THE PICTURE GOES DARKER AND LESS DETAILED AND IT'S VERY ANNOYING!!!! Oh yeah, and the game overall is quite slow. Did anyone else have these problems??? Also, I was wondering how to upgrade my Directx thing??
Thanks for reading (and hopefully replying), Ant.
Mon 20/11/00 at 22:14
Regular
You must really like it then, if you didn't come back?
Mon 20/11/00 at 19:06
Regular
It's worth the time, to play the game, better. Remember to delete anything unuseful, seems that Temporary internet files takes up alot of space, so i get rid of that.
Mon 20/11/00 at 19:06
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
and you can't do anything else while you run it because all other programs write to your disk as the defrag program tries to run, making it continually restart. DirectX 8.0 I got last week, and it doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference over verion 7.0....maybe that's 'a good thing'.
Mon 20/11/00 at 19:02
Regular
That's something I've got to do as well...

Try going to Start, then programs, accessories, system tools, and then click on disk defragmenter.

However, it takes ages. And really slows down your computer when you do it.
Mon 20/11/00 at 19:02
Regular
You know the My Computer place, right click or whatever, on the normal drive you store Deus Ex, click on the properties bar and select tools. It's in there!
Mon 20/11/00 at 18:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
Right, so all I do is download Directx8.0 into...whatever file, and then defragment my D Drive. How exactly??
Sun 19/11/00 at 20:23
Regular
yes!! Did you get the new DirectX? Defragment your drive so it runs alot faster.
Sun 19/11/00 at 19:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
So, when its in my system file, all I do then is...play it? And it'll work???
Sun 19/11/00 at 18:26
Regular
Doh! Not again!
Now spelling corrections........shouldn't and think!
Sun 19/11/00 at 18:26
Regular
Now spelling corections........shouldn't and think!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.