GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Alpay"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/08/02 at 18:02
Regular
It seems that the Turk signed from Fenerbache wants to leave Villa Park as he's found-out that playing for Villa isn't quite like what he thought it would be due to the lack of support he recieved after his World Cup injury.
But is that the real reason??? Maybe he has his heart set on silver...

Whatever may be the reason, he wants to leave.
It also seems that £15,000 a week isn't enough for him, and that he wants at least twice that much at his next club!
But Villa aren't prepared to let him go for a penny less than £8m.

Leeds have already eyed him up to replace Rio, but Venables wasn't prepared to pay that much.
Could Man United also do with another centre-back??
And wasn't he linked with Arsenal during the last campaign?

He wants to leave Villa - can you blame him!?
It seems that the team who are always 'prepared' are falling apart - fast!
This move could follow-on from Boateng going to 'Boro and Merson's move down to Portsmouth in-search-of success.
Fri 16/08/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Vassel does seem happy to stay at Villa Park, and he apparently wants a new deal too.
Thu 15/08/02 at 23:19
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Completely agree with the last thing you said. We lack flair and usually try to walk the ball into the goal. Angel shows a few flashes of brilliance to create chances, but that's not his job. We need someone in attacking midfield who can pull all the strings and make opportunities out of nothing.
Thu 15/08/02 at 21:58
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Gabbo wrote:
> The future isn't as grim as you think though, Mr Juan Pablo has gone
> nowhere so that's a really big boost. Still got tools like Stauton and
> Kackfool, but overall, we've got a good squad.

I don't so much as to think that there future is grim but that this year I doubt that they will do to amazingly well. The goalkeeping situation is a bit skewif with only new and relatively untested Stefan Postma as back up to Enckleman and the defense will be severly weakened when/if Alpay leaves.

As I said before there is no shortage of strikers but there are no real creative players to provide chances since Merson left and the only real option is Hadji who is prodominantly a winger.
Thu 15/08/02 at 21:53
Regular
Perhaps i was a little melodramatic in saying were going down. I just dont see a bright season ahead. 15th looks likely to me. Blame this on me watching to many countdown to the premiership preview shows!

I suggest we get our hands on Mattie Holland. While not perhaps being the creative midfielder, we could have a good solid player who works hard for his graft. I think we lack depth in the midfield area. Going forward we're fine, Crouch, Vassel, Allbeck, and Angel. Good potential there. But it seems more and more players want to leave, and if Alpay goes we really need a solid replacement, because otherwise J lloyd Samuel and Mellberg will be our only competent centre-backs.
Thu 15/08/02 at 21:45
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Mr. Ritze wrote:
> I doubt that you will go down but the likelehood of winning anything
> is rather slim after losing such inspirational figures as Schmeichel,
> Merson and Boateng.

Lol! Schmeichel (AKA Coco The Clown) was a fool. Yeah, he made the occasional decent save but the amount of times he screwed up was a joke. Encklemen is a much better keeper, Finland's number one y'know :).

Merson? Bah. He did about two good things all season. If he wasn't acting like a tool on the pitch, he was running his mouth in the press, good riddance I say.

Boateng going... meh. He was a good player, but come the end of the season, he wasn't a shade of his former self. We need to replace him but it's not a great loss really.

The future isn't as grim as you think though, Mr Juan Pablo has gone nowhere so that's a really big boost. Still got tools like Stauton and Kackfool, but overall, we've got a good squad.
Thu 15/08/02 at 21:26
Regular
"Fetish for sport"
Quinty wrote:
> I'm afraid even the pundits are saying we have a chance of going down-
> i'm starting to believe that now myself.

I doubt that you will go down but the likelehood of winning anything is rather slim after losing such inspirational figures as Schmeichel, Merson and Boateng.

If they can hold on to Alpay for a little longer then there defense will be pretty solid and they aren't lacking much firepower with Vassell, Angel, Allback, Balaban and Crouch. They just need a central midfielder to replace Boateng and perhaps a winger which is a role that Hadji should be playing in come the start of the season.
Thu 15/08/02 at 20:10
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Nah, we won't go down. Vassell was left on the bench because he was burnt out, he came back and played like the man. Vassell publically thanked Turnip for the rest and said it did him the world of good.

Kackfool can go for all I care, there's a reason he's not playing and that is because he is crap.
Thu 15/08/02 at 19:18
Regular
Saying that about Vassel, he played out the last few games on the bench. Mr.Turnip Taylor doesn't know how to deal with talent like him.

I'm afraid even the pundits are saying we have a chance of going down- i'm starting to believe that now myself.
Thu 15/08/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Seems Hassan Kachloul's unhappy about something at Villa Park too.
He could be another one to keep the Villa Park exodus on-going...

And i've heard nothing much about a bid for Vassel from United.
I reckon there's better chance of us getting DiCanio - and even that's a load of old bollards!
Vassel will only go if he wants to - like Rio did.
I'm sure Graham Taylor know's that he's one player they MUST keep!
Thu 15/08/02 at 01:03
Regular
".......on the attac"
I doubt any of the quote-unquote Man U fans on these forums have any real concrete reason for supporting them.

Whatever happpened to supporting your local team whether it Premier, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Conference or Unibond?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.