GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Collection problems."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/11/00 at 12:48
Regular
Has anyone else booked with Dixons?? And has the same trouble as me?
After gratefully recieving my confirmation letter telling me that my machine is ready for collection at Dixons Wimbledon branch on launch day, I booked the 24th off to enjoy the day in full.
I reserved a package of 1 DVD and 2 games.
It said in their promotional litrature that once I know when I'm collecting the machine I can book the games I want. Fine. I went down to reserve ISS and SSX - only to be told that launch day is the 26th (a Sunday!?), and that I'll just have to turn up and hope they've got the games I want, because they don't know what they'll be getting!!
I can't believe I'm paying £399 for that sort of service!
I do despair. I'm going to have to queue up Jappo style to make sure I get my games!
Fri 17/11/00 at 12:48
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Has anyone else booked with Dixons?? And has the same trouble as me?
After gratefully recieving my confirmation letter telling me that my machine is ready for collection at Dixons Wimbledon branch on launch day, I booked the 24th off to enjoy the day in full.
I reserved a package of 1 DVD and 2 games.
It said in their promotional litrature that once I know when I'm collecting the machine I can book the games I want. Fine. I went down to reserve ISS and SSX - only to be told that launch day is the 26th (a Sunday!?), and that I'll just have to turn up and hope they've got the games I want, because they don't know what they'll be getting!!
I can't believe I'm paying £399 for that sort of service!
I do despair. I'm going to have to queue up Jappo style to make sure I get my games!
Fri 17/11/00 at 13:06
Personally, I always steer well clear of Dixons and any of their associated companies (PC World etc.) as I have always found them to be a bunch of clowns. This seems to prove my theory!

Launch day is next FRIDAY, 24th November. The fact that Dixons don't seem to know that would be laughable if it weren't so damn tragic.
Fri 17/11/00 at 13:39
I have a collegue who works in Dixons and I have just been speaking to him and he has confirmed to me that they will be getting an order of PS2's next week.
(North West England though)

He cannot give me any further details but he is not aware of any delays in the process.

He did mention that it could be a London delivery area problem though.

I'm sorry I cannot be of more help but I await my friend calling me back with better news for you.

....and me that matter because you have me in that blind panic state now!
Fri 17/11/00 at 13:43
EB are now saying that they are not being sent all of their allocation. My brother pre-ordered late on the 7th and when he went to check about store opening hours for the hallowed day, they were surprised he had received a letter!

Not that I'm trying to worry anyone.
Fri 17/11/00 at 13:43
EB are now saying that they are not being sent all of their allocation. My brother pre-ordered late on the 7th and when he went to check about store opening hours for the hallowed day, they were surprised he had received a letter!

Fri 17/11/00 at 13:44
EB are now saying that they are not being sent all of their pre-order allocation. My brother pre-ordered late on the 7th and when he went to check about store opening hours for the hallowed day, they were surprised he had received a letter!

Fri 17/11/00 at 13:46
Sorry for the multiple post!
Fri 17/11/00 at 13:49
As I understand it, if you have a FINAL confirmation letter from Sony, YOUR machine has been dispatched to the shop from which you ordered.

Therefore, the shop have no reason or excuse to tell you that they don't have your machine. I don't think they are permitted to give your machine to anyone else.
Fri 17/11/00 at 14:36
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
If I turn up at Dixons on the 24th (as specified on my letter), and:
a) They don't have my machine.
b) They don't have SSX and ISS.
I am going to make a public scene so large it'll make the staff cry.
I have to say that the member of staff I spoke to couldn't tell his a$$ from his elbow, and the woman next to him was so poor at English, she thought I was trying to get a pre-order form.
So I'm still hopefull.
I'm going to turn up at Dixons at 9am next friday with a vest made from a couple of pounds of semtex. I will get what I want. It's so near I can smell it....
Fri 17/11/00 at 14:55
I've booked my at cardiff dixons but have yet to receive my confirmation letter. it should've arrived today. i'll pop into the store tomorrow and tell you what they say!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.