GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buyer's Guide - Game buying advice thread"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 23:18
Regular
Looking to buy a new game? Want advice or inspiration?

Well, if you start a whole new topic for it, people will probably object and call you a spammer. So ask in here instead.

Nuff said :O)
Mon 19/08/02 at 01:57
Regular
Indeed. Rather well executed pop that was old fellow.
Sun 18/08/02 at 21:01
Regular
looking at some of the topics filling the forum right now, i think we'd all benefit from giving this a good *pop*ing
:^)
Tue 13/08/02 at 21:05
Regular
I doubt it'll be as good as Goldeneye.
Mon 12/08/02 at 20:10
Regular
Timesplitters 2's supposed to have superb single player, they've concentrated on it this time round. It's much like Goldeneye with 3 different skill levels and the same sort of task based levels. It's gonna kick so mucho anus.
Mon 12/08/02 at 18:56
Regular
Yeah, perhaps you might just want to rent it when you've got mates round, but not buy it.
Mon 12/08/02 at 18:20
Regular
I don't know Evan Eschmeyer, free radical claim to have put a lot into bringing the 1 player upto scratch.

Thinking about it, some serious rental may be in order...
Mon 12/08/02 at 18:12
Regular
Dr Duck wrote:
> turok vs metroid vs timesplitters.
>
> Which would you choose, if you could only have one?

Well, I'd choose either Turok or Metroid. Let's face it, Timesplitters 2 will be purely for multiplayer as the first lacked any decent storyline and was a complete bore to play on your own. However, Turok and Metroid show very promising one player storylines and modes, in addition to fantastic multiplayer.
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:22
Regular
speaking of which..

turok vs metroid vs timesplitters.

Which would you choose, if you could only have one?
Sun 11/08/02 at 20:04
Regular
Hmm, looks like there'll be no need to choose between the two now.

Just turok vs metroid vs timesplitters vs not bothering with a fps.

I was never that big a fan of them, bit of fun, but better alternatives. Might just let them all slide, then get pd0 when it turns up.
Sun 11/08/02 at 19:58
Regular
couchpotato wrote:
> I just got back from my holiday in Italy but I doubt anyone missed me.
> Anyway should I get the new Turok game or Die Hard I don't think I'll
> be able to afford both. At the moment I think Die Hard looks better.

Hmm.. well information of Die Hard: Vendetta has been scarce recently but I've read up a lot on Turok: Evolution. The graphics in Die Hard really caught my eye, but that's about all I've seen. Turok also looks excellent but I can't really recommend either at the moment. Get a magazine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.