GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Proof that the mighty Gamecube is the most powerful console"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 15:26
Regular
check this site, to all the ppl who think the x box or ps2 is more powerful than the great cube!,

http:// cube.totalgames.net/features/featuresfull2.epml?features2. REF=15&newsFormat.REF=9&featureType.REF=1

youll have to join up the gap where REF=15&newsFormat.REF=9&featureType.REF=1 starts , just after the full stop cos you cant post more than 70 characters without a space in the post, !!!!!!

see what all the tech specs really mean when there tested, cos on paper they dont mean anything
Wed 14/08/02 at 10:43
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> You most likely will need to - knowing nintendo you'll follow the same
> footsteps at PS2's attempt. You'd probs have to buy a hard drive and
> some kind of modem to let it work.

Apparently, no hard drive is necessary and all it requires is a broadband or 56K modem that'll go in, underneath your GC and a bit of software. There'll be a fee, but something in the reigon of £6 a month.
Wed 14/08/02 at 10:42
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Maybe they'll use those microdrives developed by IBM. That way the hard drive could be internal.

If they sold one with a hard drive and dolby digital included, I'd go buy one now.
Wed 14/08/02 at 10:36
Regular
Strafex wrote:
> They ARE going to do something, just not on the scale of Xbox live.
>
> The good news is, that means that we don't have to pay a subscription!
> :-P

You most likely will need to - knowing nintendo you'll follow the same footsteps at PS2's attempt. You'd probs have to buy a hard drive and some kind of modem to let it work.
Tue 13/08/02 at 23:07
Regular
They ARE going to do something, just not on the scale of Xbox live.

The good news is, that means that we don't have to pay a subscription! :-P
Tue 13/08/02 at 10:02
Regular
I don't think nintendo was releasing an online network.......
Mon 12/08/02 at 23:09
Regular
Yeah, Nintendo's online plans aren't terrific, but most of us don't have broadband anyway.

Besides, their offline content more than makes up for it.
Mon 12/08/02 at 22:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
No it doesn't.

60+ online games are planned for Xbox, as far as I know PSO is the only one planned for GC. GC doesn't have it built in nor does Nintendo have any online plans whatsoever.
Mon 12/08/02 at 21:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gamezfreak wrote:
>
> internet capability - whole new dimension in gaming.

I agree. But the GC has it too.
Mon 12/08/02 at 13:01
Regular
Actually, EA managed to push the GameCube to 15 million in tests.
Sun 11/08/02 at 23:02
Regular
The gamecube isn't as powerful as the xbox overall. Some features are superior to xbox but overall the xbox is better. Both are at least twice as powerful as ps2 which is by far the weakest system overall. However even the ps2 has some exceptional features like 40gig a second transfer speed from video memory to gpu (its embedded in the same processor you see). The xbox gpu only has a small cache inside and deals with external memory. Its not an easy thing to do to weigh up 3 completely different approaches in console design and then say which is the winner but I think games show it best. Xbox has achieved 15 million polygons per second in wreckless, gamecube 12 million in rogue leader and ps2 tops out at about 6 million in gt3 but that is at a lower resolution. The ps2 is only rendering at 640x200 and line doubles to get a resolution of 640x400 hence the reason jaggies are so bad on this format. Personally I see the dc as superior to ps2 overall although obviously weaker in many areas especially polygon output the dc is far superior in other technical aspects like video memory, texture compression, tile based rendering, anti-aliasing, true 640x480 resolution, superior integer performance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.