GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reincarnation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 12:42
Regular
Now. Can I just say that the whole idea of re-incarnation is positively laughable.

You are born. Born with nothing but physical genetic memory to guide you. You don't know how to use the muscles in your body properly, you don't know how to interpret what your eyes tell your brain you are seeing. You can't count, you can't talk, and even if you could you have no comprehension of any language.

You can't control your bowels, hand movements or neck. All you know is bright light hurts, and boob sucking is good.

Now, if you'd lived before, do you not perhaps think that you'd have a little more control over what you were doing?

Popping out of the womb and declaring "Woah momma, you should wash down there once in a while" hasn't, to my knowledge, ever happened.

Re-incarnation can only seem to work if you forget EVERYTHING you ever experienced. Now, wiping the slate clean to that extent, with no possibility to recover the memory, and putting you in a completely different environment means that you will be a different person.

Ipso facto, re-incarnation, the rebirth of the soul in a new body, is a complete load of pants.

Unless of course everyone comes back as a snail, and for some reason loses all sense what ecactly should be seen walking along the pavement in the rain, and what the chances are of survival when the fellow "still-humans" walk past.

Or are they fish? Perhaps, certainly fish try to communicate with humans once in a while, more often than not by running away or eating your arm, but that could be seen as contempt for humans having found peace in their new life.

No. Actually I don't believe that for a second.

Essentially then, the "soul" doesn't really exist. The whole idea of "soul" seems to me to be a way of saying that our personalities are fixed, and regardless of what environment we were raised in, we would be the same as the imprint given us by the "soul".

This is pants.

Obviously, if you have no soul, you can't go to heaven, if no-one has a soul, no-one can go to heaven. If no-one can go to heaven, heven doesn't exist. No heaven, no hell.

I imagine no gods either.

Straying from the point though.

Re-incarnation is a laughable concept.

IB
Sun 11/08/02 at 10:06
Regular
I don't necessarily believe in reincarnation, but I wouldn't dismiss it completely in a close-minded fashion.

Is it really too hard to believe that a committed and strongly "spiritual" person's energy or soul couldn't survive the physical death of the flesh?

All the truly great spiritual masters point in the direction of reincarnation.

I'm open-minded when it comes to matters that are beyond our normal levels of comprehension.
Sun 11/08/02 at 06:02
If theres a hell worst than Earth,ive never seen it
Sat 10/08/02 at 22:36
Regular
Hell is on Earth...

Just look at the crisis in Parts of Africa and Asia...
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
Flanders wrote:
> Mr Ripper wrote:
>
>
> show me proof of heaven, and I'll believe it.
>
> show me proof of hell, and i'll believe it.
>
> Meh - One day you'll know !!!

Yeah, whoo! You go girl! :D
Fri 09/08/02 at 16:08
Regular
> You can't control your bowels, hand movements or neck. All you know is
> bright light hurts, and boob sucking is good.

and reincarnation changes what, exactly? :-)
Fri 09/08/02 at 14:04
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Mr Ripper wrote:

> show me proof of heaven, and I'll believe it.
>
> show me proof of hell, and i'll believe it.

Meh - One day you'll know !!!
Fri 09/08/02 at 14:00
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Quite possibly, though they would argue that awareness counts as physical life. As soon as you are aware then you are 'tainted' by the physical world - anything before that doesn't count.

Round we go again....
Fri 09/08/02 at 13:53
"Darkness, always"
so we should all be dropped on our heads at birth, which would whip us straight up to heaven...
Fri 09/08/02 at 13:42
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
People of a spiritualistic nature would argue that, in the period between physical death and the subsequent reincarnation the soul is cleansed, purified, then returned to the physical plane stripped of the burden that was the previous physical life (How convenient). To reclaim that spiritual cleansing, or enlightenment is the goal of some religious/spiritual groups - breaching the bond between the material and spiritual planes and breaking the chain of reincarnation.

Personally, I think this is tripe. But some people think that Satan taught us science and reason to prolong our lives and keep us from God's happy house, for the purpose of giving him more time for us to mess it all up.

So go figure.
Fri 09/08/02 at 13:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
Mr Ripper wrote:
> and these souls are of course manufactured in the "Acme Soul
> Factory™".
>
> do these souls have warrantees? or insurance? Nothing lasts forever.
> do souls have an equivalent of the AA for when they break down?

People who believe in souls normally say that they are incorporeal. Lacking dimension and not taking up any physical volume. The biggest argument against this is that how does something with no dimensions intermingle with a physical object (such as the body and brain).

Also, there is the 'counting souls' argument. If they don't take up physical space or lack any dimensions. How are they counted and does that mean we have more than one soul for every body?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.