GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TOCA Demo Challenge"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 09/08/02 at 12:24
Regular
Straight to the point:
How quick can you lap Monza in your Proton Satria GTI ?
Under 5 mins will impress the games bosses - you'll have to go a lot lower to impress me !
Tue 13/08/02 at 12:53
On my first race at Adelaide I lost both of my front wheels!!
Tue 13/08/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Flanders, have you tried Adelaide yet ?, slowdown is a problem there though because of all the trackside boards etc.
Tue 13/08/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I think it is a great demo - not being a silly time limited affair at least you get to try a few different bits.

I didn't notice any problems at Monza but the slowdown at Brands when you go round Druids and into Graham Hill is a bit weird. The tracks are both pretty good and I thought the handling itself was great, the ability to go into a corner and accelerate out, holding the car under the power is how it should be.

Bring it on !
Tue 13/08/02 at 11:59
Regular
"  "
Welldone on the GAD :D
Tue 13/08/02 at 11:22
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I got the demo at the weekend and it's great stuff. I can't remember my times for the three courses, but I'll see about posting them later when I have another go of the demo.

Anyway, a great demo which is a little bit rough in places with a tiny bit of slowdown, but it is only 80% complete so I don't think it represents how the final version will look.

I've also just claimed it as my GAD, and can't wait for the games release, and from what I've read (not from OPM2 of course) and played, it looks very much like it'll beat GT3 as the PS2's best racing game.
Tue 13/08/02 at 09:56
Hi Guys,

Can't remember what my best times are but I'll get stuck in tonight and post it.

Absolutely fantastic stuff - I can't wait to get hold of the final game. I am slightly biased as a BTCC fan (MG) but it does mean that I can at least compare it to the real thing.

The bloke who reviewed it for OPS2 mag hasn't got a clue what he's talking about on some of the points but still chose to comment on them.
Mon 12/08/02 at 22:31
Yeah probably, lol. I haven't had any centering problems so I don't know.
Mon 12/08/02 at 08:45
Regular
"  "
bobby flagpole wrote:
> Na†ßu© wrote:
> ....Oh, and has anyone got a Logitech Driving Force wheel? If so are
> you confused by the rather complicated calibration screens? :\
>
> I have the Logitech GT Force wheel, and yeah at first I was a little
> confused by the calibration screen! But I get it now:-P

Its the centering bit thats odd. :D
My wheel always ends up not in the centre after a crash and I have to pause and recentre. Is it because I calibrated it wrong?
Sun 11/08/02 at 23:11
Regular
Hey Ryan (or whatever your name is.) I'm going to spend a small time on the demo and test out all three tracks. I will report back with all my times and see how they compare. And yes, Adelaide is one very hard cookie to crack.

Have you got msn messenger? if so, add me [email protected] and we can discuss toca.

PS2-P
Sun 11/08/02 at 21:16
Na†ßu© wrote:
....Oh, and has anyone got a Logitech Driving Force wheel? If so are you confused by the rather complicated calibration screens? :\

I have the Logitech GT Force wheel, and yeah at first I was a little confused by the calibration screen! But I get it now:-P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.