GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Go... Tell them about us..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/08/02 at 13:28
Regular
Hmmm, chat figures have been down recently, so something has to be done about it. In a Fight Club-esque homework assignment, you must all tell your friends about UKchatforums.com and tell them to post here. Only the intelligent ones mind, not the 8 year spammers who'll choke up the place with their inane gabble. And we've got quite enough poets for one forum, thank you. And one Goatboy is enough too.

So yeah, go tell your friends about these forums TODAY, or TOMORROW, because the numbers are down, and we like high numbers at SR. Don't forget to tell them about how they can win games and DVDs and stuff, just for being slightly intelligent. After all, it's a good community-style place, and we're very welcoming towards newcomers... right?

Now fly my pretties, fly!
Sat 10/08/02 at 21:38
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> I don't bring no one because then they would all see my poncey WWE
> match things and I would have to beat them all up for ripping on me.

A case scenario I know all too well...
Thu 08/08/02 at 22:42
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I don't bring no one because then they would all see my poncey WWE match things and I would have to beat them all up for ripping on me.
Thu 08/08/02 at 22:36
Regular
I used to try bringing people along.

Most of them tried by doing one post and then lost interested.
One turned out to be a spammer and caused a HUGE fuss in Fog Chat (I didn't invite that one, the gimp just saw me on the site at school and wanted in...)

As it stands, none of them have stayed, so I've given up.
I don't mix with decent FoG material.
It's the way things are.
Thu 08/08/02 at 18:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I brought Bizzare Cabbage.

Fat lot of help that was.

:D
Thu 08/08/02 at 18:01
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Who do we tell if we're sad loners who have no friends...

erm... not that I am or anything... just... out of curiosity... or something...

*runs*
Thu 08/08/02 at 17:42
Regular
Undead wrote:
> Edgy brought Dark Mark here. I've hated him ever since...

ROTFLMAO!

True, I did get Mark to register here, as I did someone called Chris Jenkins and a couple others who never bothered after registering...

Dark Mark told me about the company in the first place saying that he can get free stuff for himself if I buy anything through him....so I went and registered with the club in March 2000 to buy stuff and get 'free stuff'. Then I saw the URL www.gameaday.co.uk in the mag and decided to take a look. When Mark got net access himself, he already knew the site existed so I encouraged him to take a look.
Thu 08/08/02 at 17:34
What do you think I have been doing . You have at least three new customers because of me and at least one of my work mates will be coming on as soon as his brother puts together a PC from the parts I gave him, Im`m kind like that, so there :P
Thu 08/08/02 at 17:33
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Edgy brought Dark Mark here. I've hated him ever since...
Thu 08/08/02 at 17:28
phi11ip wrote:
> Same here, all my good posts get ignored!

I read your posts. Sometimes, though, I'm busy writing my own.

> Nobody read my animals on strike article from the other day!

I read it. I just didn't reply 'cos I had a lot of posts to read. I haven't been on the site much over the past 3 days.

> Even after I popped it the next day!

Honestly, I did read it!
Thu 08/08/02 at 17:16
Regular
"That's right!"
Well the site was very confusing, but Rakuga told me what to do. I stayed away from the forums for ages, as they confused me too (the way they went from bottom to top instead of the other way around, like all other forums) But I read some posts, then began posting myself. I can still remember the day I became a regular, I think I'd won two GADs by then, I'm not sure. If you look at the reviews, there are LOADS of users, but like me, they don't go near the forums.

Maybe you should advertise the forums on the website more, instead of just a few links. Maybe some banners would do the trick

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.