GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beyond Special Reserve!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/08/02 at 16:42
Regular
This *IS* Beyond SR!

Right, I was thinking…(waits for the gasps!)…what you forum members do when other then posting on SR…what you do for a hobby, or maybe a living. So, here goes! These are jokes, okay?

Let’s start with the staff! First up…

Tony – This is hard. Where do I start…right, got it. If you’ve seen this guys pic, you *MAY* see my point here, but probably not! Whenever I see his picture (once in a while), I always think of that old guy in GTA3 (no offence Tony). This old guy is connected to the mafia. Therefore, I reckon when not in control of SR (yeah, he’s ALWAYS in control of SR), he is a secret (well, it was) member of the mafia, and played a part in GTA3! Yeah, that’s it!

Schroeder – I can see the obvious here…having a German name an all. So, I thought, maybe Schro is the Hitler of 2002! Or even better, my guess is that Schro is the ORIGINAL Hitler…the one during World War Two in case you didn’t know. This is what I thought until I saw that Schroeder had an English name (am I allowed to say on the forums? :-S)…this must mean that she ISN’T after all Hitler. D’you think maybe she was Churchill?

Righty hum, they are the only staff that I could be bothered to do, except of course Brad (who gets a special mention), but he’s busy enough dealing with the bannings and of course, handing out GAD’s to the very special forum members who give him a very special mention in their spoofs!

Microchips – Well, we all know what Micro does beyond SR. Of course, other then being a micro food, he is also a part time chip shop worker (what do they call them these days?). Did you know he never called himself Microchips after the computer chips? It’s true, he told me. He called himself Microchips to devote his love to the food and the Microfood brand! Anyway, three cheers for Mickey the Chippy…or not!

Hercules – Either way you look at his name, you’ll see that he is powerful. If he’s the great Hercules, like that bloke, Greek I think, then he’ll be very tough…or, if he’s like the graphics card, Hercules, then he is fairly tough. So, either way I work through this, I hereby declare Hercules the Worlds Toughest Bloke. Oh, and Matt Hughes, he’s probably a footballer beyond SR, taking after the great Mark ‘Sparky’ Hughes!

AfroJoe – All the way from Scotland…hmm, its gunna be hard for me to tell what AJ does other then post on the forums. Ah, the name gives it away. Umm, right, I’ve just figured it out…AJ is simply that bloke from the Nescafé adverts! Nah, that’s a crap job for such a *top* poster…I know what AJ does. He’s a movie star! Ah, but he’s not an actor, oh no, he’s an ACTRESS! Who’s seen Austin Powers 3: Goldmember? Yes, I have. AJ probably won’t know this himself…but he actually stared in that film! He started as that woman, what’s her name…umm, Foxy Cleopatra. See, I bet you didn’t know that!

Lawless Fever – So, what’s new? We all know Shaneo is LF, and all that. So, what does Shaneo do whilst not posting on SR? Y’see, like Tony, I had to look at his mugshot to find out what he does. Here’s what I researched and came up with (:-D). Shaneo is trying to take over the world. Take your minds back to when nobody knew he was Shaneo…in every post, trying to be evil (yes, MUAHHHHHHHAAA counts as trying to be evil) and trying to scare all the nOObs and JATs away! He was first trying to take over SR…then England…and now the WORLD! ARGHHHHHHH…

Dr. Duck – Now, I don’t really now this guy, and have hardly seen any of his posts, which leads me to think he’s a Ninty man, but, Chippy asked me to do him (please, tell me that didn’t sound a tad gay). So, looking at his name, it’s pretty simple that along with his colleague Mr. Muscle, he cleans TOILETS! I dunno what has made me think this but anyway, I hope he likes his newfound profession!

RM18 – Isn’t RM a computer company, like RM Nimbus? If so, then I think I’m in luck with looking for Russ’ job outside the forums. But, 18…now, I know that he SAYS that’s his age, but really, it isn’t. I think it’s a secret code maybe. Hmmmm…it’s not the code for any of the RM’s. This can only lead me to one thing…RM is a man of mystery!

Ben/Lord H – I know Ben’s job. He stays on SR 24/7…being the secret member of the Ban Clan (no funny comments please). Oh, wasn’t I meant to say anything? But, anyway…moving on, Ben does do something beyond SR…he’s a newspaper critic. He always complains at people and moans about their posts. He criticises everything and everybody he meets (although he is a cool guy, so realise, this is *probably* not true!) which I can only assume means he works for the Mirror!

Mystique – Being clumsy like women are (waits for Rosalind’s reply), I think Myst has a job involving stripping (hey, I had to find some sort of job for her!). Yes…she’s a stripper at Rhino’s nightclub! Still, at least she never turned out to be a prost-*ahem* (didn’t know if SR will allow me saying prossie…OOPS).

Fuzzy – Fuzzy…hmm, cool name. I’m thinking of something a little cold, and maybe a little hairy. Look at yourselves, all sniggering at what I said. I wasn’t talking about that; I was talking about a polar bear! Well, he obviously isn’t a polar bear, as I’ve seen him on his web cam…so, maybe he’s one of those stupid mascots at the theme parks. Like, an entertainer! Everyone thinks he’s brainy, and I can say, he is, but maybe he just can’t find a decent job. Anyway, what’s wrong with being an entertainer at a theme park? Yeah…

OTHERS WHO DESERVE A MENTION (not a special mention, like the one Brad got. :-P)

JAR is simple a jar.
Quinty is some poof cos his name’s Harry Carter (sounds like the bloke from the Manic’s song ‘Kevin Carter’).
Kerrang sold his name, and later his life to Kerrang magazine…he’s the man who wears the Kerrang ‘!’ paper bag over his head.
Ant is simple like an ant…one’s okay, easy to deal with, but get loads of them and all hell (sorry Ant! :-)) breaks loose!
Edgy…we all know that he’s a vampire, so nothing new discovered there! Oh, and he sucks people’s blood :-D.
10001010 is the weight of Reynolds.

Credit goes to Microchips…for doing diddlysquat in this post!

Right, please, don’t take offence to these posts! As you can tell, I wrote it as a little joke, cos FOGchat is, at the moment, totally boring, and needs a little joke (this post is a joke :-P) for people to have a chuckle at…or not.

DW
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Oh, and it's no problem ( For doing the diddly squat).

:D
Thu 27/02/03 at 19:56
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Microchips wrote:
> LOL!
>
> :)

heh, I must have been happy when I wrote this. Chip shops indeed...

And yes, I was named after the Chips in the Microprocessor, despite the fact that there's a picture of a Microchips box on SO...

:D
Thu 27/02/03 at 14:46
Regular
Posted Beyond Special Reserve! 2, so go read.
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:13
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Just read this, highly inventive. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks. Maybe you'll get a part in the next one. Who knows...it's up to the Random Generator!
Thu 27/02/03 at 13:04
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Just read this, highly inventive. Looking forward to the next one.
Thu 27/02/03 at 12:51
Regular
Wow. My first Gameaday.

Anyway, I'm popping the topic as I am just about to do a Beyond Special Reserve 2. This time, it won't be a stupid etc. You could be taken Beyond Special Reserve in my latest post. :c)
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:34
Regular
I may well be from Strykes's Sewing Commitee, DW.

:-)
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:16
Regular
One GAD? Sorry, won GAD. Heh, I'm listening to some *decent* music (By The Way, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and all Muse tracks) and therefore not concentrating!
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:15
Regular
Asher D wrote:
> Without mentioning me....
>
> *sniff*

Sorry Ash, it was the damn tagline you got, put me off doing one for you. Well, since you're upset (:-D), I'll do one for you.

Asher D - Is he that bloke from SSC? If he is, then I guess I'll have to think of a job to do Beyond SR in prision! Umm...okay. Here we go. The Ash makes me think he's one of them people who chain smokes, so that's a factor to consider. Umm, D can stand for many things. Dumba$#...dazed...dopey...typical inmate another words. I think Asher D is one of them scheming gang leaders inside! Sorry if this is lame, but I just one GAD, so it takes the fun away :-)
Fri 09/08/02 at 11:04
Regular
Without mentioning me....

*sniff*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.