GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Good, The Bad and The Damn Right Ugly"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/08/02 at 21:00
Regular
As we have had quite a few games released for cube now, i thought it be good that we show which games we think are Good, which games are Bad and which games are Damn Right Ugly.

Here are mine:

Good: Smash Brothers Melee, Super Monkey Ball, Wave Race Blue Storm.

Bad: ESPN Winter Sports

Damn Right Ugly: Universal Studios
Thu 08/08/02 at 21:06
Regular
[The Good]
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Burnout
Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2

[The Bad]
James Bond 007 in.. Agent Under Fire
Virtua Striker 4

[The Down Right Ugly]
FIFA 2002
Universal Studios
Batman
Thu 08/08/02 at 11:18
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I made this Thread up to get different opinions, Personally i didn't like Pikmin either, but that's my opinion, but then a think Super Smash Bros is great. If everyone was the same, this world would be a boring place, corny i know, but it's true. :)
Wed 07/08/02 at 15:07
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Dr Duck wrote:
> I'm firmly with BPM on this one. Not about pikmin, i like the game.
>
> The whole point of the thread was for people to give their opinions on
> games. Someone does, and they have people telling them their opinion
> is 'wrong'. He doesn't like the game. Fair enough. Let it go dude.

lol.

I'm a dude.
Wed 07/08/02 at 14:57
Regular
I'm firmly with BPM on this one. Not about pikmin, i like the game.

The whole point of the thread was for people to give their opinions on games. Someone does, and they have people telling them their opinion is 'wrong'. He doesn't like the game. Fair enough. Let it go dude.
Wed 07/08/02 at 12:41
"+ suspicious minds"
meh, i'm backing out of this now, i dont want to become a nusance in the forum
Wed 07/08/02 at 12:34
"+ suspicious minds"
Simzer wrote:
> well let me ask you something. How come whenever some one doesn't
> agree with you you make a big deal out of it???

i dont get angry with people when they dissagree with me, i get annoyed when people start talking total pap. and tiltawhirl, i dont think it matters if i dont like nintendo's style of games. i go for gamplay, theming comes second, then graphics. i dont really consider the 'dark humor' funny, not because i'm a pansy, but because i dont find it funny. and i dont think you understand what i mean by theming.
Wed 07/08/02 at 12:23
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
exactly. That's what i tried to say but a few people *COUGH
Wed 07/08/02 at 12:20
Regular
There's nothing wrong with the theme in Pikmin, it suits the game well. Anyway it may look very bright and colourful from the outside but when you get into it your realise it's full of very dark humour, the way the Pikmin are eaten and the way when you leave the planet without some of your Pikmin you see them get killed.

It's another Miyamoto classic, and whether you like it or not I question whether you really llike Nintendo's style of games? Nintendo have never been one to go with the flow that's why they didn't change the style of the graphics in Pikmin to suit a few spotty oiks who wont play games unless they feature guns and death.
Wed 07/08/02 at 12:13
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
well let me ask you something. How come whenever some one doesn't agree with you you make a big deal out of it???

You know we should just stop this here before it gets outn of hand.

All Right?
Wed 07/08/02 at 12:07
"+ suspicious minds"
simzer, why do you keep saying whenever someone dissagrees with you that they havent played it. you've said that twice already in this thread. cookie monster doesn't like SSBM, i find it frustrating in parts. and i actually own pikmin, and i dont like it, it hardly contributes in any way nintendos image; how easy would it have been to change the theming to suit the more prejudice buyers? and why would a well respected regular like CM make a stupid judgement like that? and i would have put this bit in my first rant, but i didn't see the thing with cookie monster

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.