GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone good at solving codes and ciphers and stuff?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 20/05/08 at 21:39
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
You are about to embark on a journey of great rewards where your combat and strategy skills will be challenged and honed to a fine edge

thats all there is, no clues as yet, if im given any i'll pass em on.
whoever helps me solve it gets to hug machie

clue 1: Breakfast anyone?
clue 2: Yes or No
clue 3: clue

I think the binary definately has something to do with it, but no idea what
Thu 22/05/08 at 17:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
Heh, see I get that joke :D so I'm not a complete waste :P
Thu 22/05/08 at 17:52
"Are you sure?"
The Reaper wrote:
> I wish I had I good understanding of bianary :D

"There are only 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't..."

;¬)

I last used this here on the 8th Jan 2007
Search Freeola Chat
Thu 22/05/08 at 17:43
Regular
"Mooching around"
I wish I had I good understanding of bianary :D
Thu 22/05/08 at 15:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm impressed. Nice one Bob.
Thu 22/05/08 at 14:01
Regular
*hugs bob* Wunderbar! :D
Thu 22/05/08 at 13:51
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
score!

nice one bob.
ill bring you something nice to the next freeola meet ^^

oh: that makes sense in relation to the breakfast clue now

ONPBA pvcure (also rot13'd)
Thu 22/05/08 at 13:11
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I think I have it. At least, I got some sensible English. I don't know what relevance it is of :p
I'll put it in ROT13 so as not to spoil anyone else's fun :p

If you just want the result and not the method then that is in red. Use a ROT13 translater like this one: http://www.rot13.com/

Onfvpnyyl V nffvtarq n mreb gb abaobyq naq n bar gb obyq. Bzvg gur fcnprf. Guvf lvryqf n ybat ovanel fgevat juvpu lbh ner jrypbzr gb pnyphyngr lbhefrys.
Gur fgevat vf bar uhaqerq naq gra qvtvgf ybat, juvpu vf pyrneyl qvivfvoyr ol svir.
gjb gb gur svir vf guvegl gjb juvpu tvirf zber guna rabhtu fcnpr gb fgber nal nycunorgvp punenpgre va nal frdhrapr bs svir ovgf.

Nsgre chyyvat bhg gur inyhr bs rnpu bs gursvir-ovg frdhraprf, pbairavragyl, rnpu bs gurz vf va n cebzvfvat enatr (vr abar vf nobir gjragl svir). Nffhzvat rnpu pbeerfcbaqf gb gur yrggre bpphclvat gur fnzr cbfvgvba va gur nycunorg, jr bognva gur fgevat:

j u b j n d z l s v e f g c e r f v q r a g

V'z nffhzvat gur d vf fhccbfrq gb or na f naq bar bs hf znqr n zvfgnxr fbzrjurer.
Thu 22/05/08 at 11:55
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
New clue:
clue

Edit, i was also told that "Part of the methodology nin used is right"

presumably the assigning of 1 or 0 to certain letters

update on latest clue:
Me: hm, jackson 5.... something to do with abc, the alphabet?
Him: jackson how many?
Me: 5...
Him: One last thing as I need to get ready for work....you will need to do some research...back in an hour or so
Thu 22/05/08 at 10:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
To make it easier to work with (at least for me), I re-wrote it with underscores in front of bold characters

_Yo_u _are a_b_o_ut _t_o _em_ba_r_k on a jou_rne_y of _g_rea_t _reward_s w_he_re yo_ur co_m_bat _an_d st_r_at_e_g_y _s_kill_s wi_ll b_e ch_all_enged an_d _hon_ed to _a _fi_n_e ed_g_e

If I picked out the characters correctly there are 47 and 63 bold/non-bold respectively. 47 is prime so we're screwed on anything involving dividing it up equally :p
Thu 22/05/08 at 03:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Nope. Started well and got nowhere from that point on.
Interesting that there are 48 letters in bold and and 64 ordinary letters. Both numbers are divisible by 8 (suitable for binary code) if you assign them either 1's or 0's based on whether they're consonants or vowels.
Like i said, i got nowhere though, whether using the bold or normal or inverting the values. They may be something in the binary but i'm fed up with this game now.

Strange, did i miscount the letters? Ahh f**k it, i cant be bothered with this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.