GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Everyone stop dissing Ps2!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 22:00
Regular
Hey everybody, this is really bugging me lately as a Ps2 owner and a game fan!

I am seeing too much of this now, i noticed it first on Game Network, people who txt in saying the Ps2 is bad and old and the developers only do games for it because it is old and more people own it!

wrong, wrong, WRONG!

I would like to start on the first statement that i mentioned, it is old! 2 years old, the graphics are still as good, the only thing i notice bewteen my GC and Ps2 is the fact tha the GC loads faster and has 4 controler ports, the graphics are the same, and X-box and GC saw what Sony did, marvelled at it and improved, but i can guarantee that the Ps3 will be fast loading too! Then Nintendo may bring out a newer console that loads faster a year or two after, it is just in those years new technology is formed and people can not see the fact that when the Ps2 was new the broke the limits graphically, the loading was fairly fats and even now i consider it not to be slow, do any of you? This is very annoying, everything gets old, it is not a reason to hate it, people happen to like retro games but the Ps2 is not retro gaming, it is new, the games still astound people and you sit back in your chair with a drink in your left hand, the controller in the other thinking, how do they do that, it is amazing!
So the Ps2 is not bad and old, it is a high quality, great iece of technology that will be considered so for years to come!

Now onto the next point in which the developers make games as pepole own it! First, let me tell you about the whole thing people said, they said the GC only has fewer games as the developers choose to make games for sony as the console was out first and people boguht that console, now as millions own a Ps2 it is logical to put games out for the Ps2, again this is wrong, but truth is held in there somewhere. it is logical to make games as more people own it, so they make more money, but also Sony has high quality games that are multi format, the GC has millions of owners in Japan and has many new original games coming out, as it is a good console and the different console can do different things, so companies choose either the one they have deals with, the one the game suits most or the put the game out on them all! The Ps2 will still have new games coming out in a years time, that the GC or X-box will never see, and they will be just as good!

I am sorry but this really annoyed me and i think you will all agree it is wrong to say that about one of the greatest consoles ever, i am not putting the GC or X-box down as i own a GC and am very happy with the list of games coming out, the X-box is not my cup of tea but everyone likes differnt things, i am a fan of RPG's and multiplayers so i opted for the consoles which suit me most!

Thank you all for reading
Sir Auron
:)
Fri 09/08/02 at 22:51
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
quack wrote:
> Once you get that console,you'll see other little gems popping up on that console, whereas people who chose other consoles will think you're daft for not choosing their console, which they find so good.

He's very right. Buying PS2 mags will get you excited by up and coming PS2 games. By not looking significantly at other platforms you won't have any idea what you are missing out on.
Fri 09/08/02 at 22:45
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
cant remember wrote:
> Playstation-ey mature? Or Xbox-like rubbish?

Most Xbox games so far have been ported from PS2(which is bad i know) but look better and have had improvements. If you consider them rubbish then surely you must also see that they are rubbish on PS2.

Recently I have been finding it very hard to play my friends PS2s for any considerable amount to time because I quickly gt very bored. After one GT3 "arcade" race my friend had to poke me to wake me up.
Fri 09/08/02 at 21:46
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> As quack so eloquently displayed...
>
> Its the Sony fan boys that are pretty much single handedly responsible
> for any/all anti-PS2 sentiments on this site

i dont understand what u are saying. reiterate please
Fri 09/08/02 at 21:44
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
As quack so eloquently displayed...

Its the Sony fan boys that are pretty much single handedly responsible for any/all anti-PS2 sentiments on this site
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:46
I'm going to settle this argument once and for all.

What are your favorite types of games? Nintendo-ey cute? Playstation-ey mature? Or Xbox-like rubbish?(:)sorry couldnt resist it! I mean Xbox-ey good graphics!)

And what console is it on?

Get that one then!!!!

Personally , mines is Super Mario Bros for the SNES, but I've completed that, so I went for Gran Turismo 3 for the PS2.

Once you get that console,you'll see other little gems popping up on that console, whereas people who chose other consoles will think you're daft for not choosing their console, which they find so good.

(By the way, PS2 still is the best!)

Heehee
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:31
Regular
Dave RJR wrote:
but a handfull of exclusives between
> them is not enough reason to buy one instead of PS2

Not wanting to cause an argument, but there's far more exclusives coming out on Gamecube and Xbox in the next year than there has been on PS2 for the last 2 years and the forseable future.
Fri 09/08/02 at 20:17
Regular
Well, Ps2 is still a long way in front. And people are still buying it in numbers. Only the other week, some 1 i know bought a PS2. They did not bother with GameCube or Xbox. They said that most GC and XBox games were the same as those on PS2. Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with GC or XBox, but a handfull of exclusives between them is not enough reason to buy one instead of PS2. Plus, when u look at screen shots from Tony Hawks 4 for the 3 different machines - the difference is zero or minimal. So little, it doesnt matter. Fact that PS2 is a bit older doesnt make any difference 2 most people as long as there are no big differences between them. So there we have it, PS2 rules like Sky digital, and like VHS beat Betamax.
Thu 08/08/02 at 23:10
Regular
Stirring trouble isn't a good thing...

*Dringo hides spoon*
Thu 08/08/02 at 22:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No offense to Sir Auron, I realise that this wasn't meant to be a console war thread, but with a title like "Everyone Stop Dissing The PS2" you really are inviting trouble. Not blaming you or anything, but in future try to think of a title that's not going to attract those people who are just out looking for trouble to stir up...
Thu 08/08/02 at 21:47
Regular
Only the second Zelda game had a number tagged to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.