GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BROAD BAND : what are you prepared to pay?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 16:28
Regular
Hi,
I am a 64k ISDN serfer ,which was sold to me at the time as a fast broad band service.Which it is not.And one day I hope to make the leap and go 512k, giving me lag free gaming. But what is holding me back is the price. £29.99 is far too much for me personally and I just heard that people abroad are getting it much cheaper.Some say that they only pay £14.99 for the broad band service .At tops, I wont ever pay more than 20 pound for the service. If it ever goes that low that is.
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:28
Regular
Hi,
I am a 64k ISDN serfer ,which was sold to me at the time as a fast broad band service.Which it is not.And one day I hope to make the leap and go 512k, giving me lag free gaming. But what is holding me back is the price. £29.99 is far too much for me personally and I just heard that people abroad are getting it much cheaper.Some say that they only pay £14.99 for the broad band service .At tops, I wont ever pay more than 20 pound for the service. If it ever goes that low that is.
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would be prepared to pay £30. I think like this, broadband is 10 times faster (at least) than dial up. I pay £16 for unlimited monthly net use. Now broadband is only 2 times as expensive, so its a bargain really.
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I pay £25 for my broadband, which is from telewest, but it's only £25 because we are an existing telewest customer. I can easily afford it, and it is worth every penny. Faster downloads, less lag, and because it's a cable connection people in the house can still use the phone while I'm connected.
Tue 06/08/02 at 16:53
"Darkness, always"
I pay £40 per month for NTL 3 in 1. So I get digital TV, telephone and broadband internet. Compared to paying £15 for AOL plus x amount for BT, it seems quite reasonable.

But then I earn £30,000 a year.
Tue 06/08/02 at 16:56
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Mr Ripper wrote:
> But then I earn £30,000 a year.

What do you do?
Tue 06/08/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
xBeanx wrote:
> I
> wont ever pay more than 20 pound for the service. If it ever goes that
> low that is.

I've just been reading about the new sub-20quid services that have been/about to be launched...

http://www.silicon.com/ar315850-5

Maybe these guys will entice you to join?
Wed 07/08/02 at 11:19
Regular
Ok Armatig. As I speak, I am crouching behind a bush ready to pounce the offer!
Wed 07/08/02 at 15:23
"Darkness, always"
cookie monster wrote:
> Mr Ripper wrote:
> But then I earn £30,000 a year.
>
> What do you do?

I work in a Programme Finance team for Centrica. You could call me an accountant (i know I do), but i'm not qualified at the moment.
Wed 14/08/02 at 09:29
If its quality broadband you want paying sub £20 is not a good start! What you need is a service that has a few of those added bonuses to make your life easier (christ im begining to sound like a salesman). I have broadband at home and i too, like many of us, am on a tight budget! Plus Net do a quality sevice starting at £20.99 a month for their basic package i currently pay £22.99 a month cos i have P2P extensions. Their service is great! My online ping for games hardly ever goes above 40! and in games like cs and Unreal Tournamnet this is a real advantage. I highly recomend them.....and no before you ask, i don`t work or them!
Wed 14/08/02 at 23:23
Regular
BROAD BAND : what are you prepared to pay?

The monthly Charge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.