GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BROAD BAND : what are you prepared to pay?"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/08/02 at 16:28
Regular
Hi,
I am a 64k ISDN serfer ,which was sold to me at the time as a fast broad band service.Which it is not.And one day I hope to make the leap and go 512k, giving me lag free gaming. But what is holding me back is the price. £29.99 is far too much for me personally and I just heard that people abroad are getting it much cheaper.Some say that they only pay £14.99 for the broad band service .At tops, I wont ever pay more than 20 pound for the service. If it ever goes that low that is.
Thu 05/09/02 at 02:46
Regular
Nealry all the companies in the Telecommunications sector have had thier share price dive over the last two years though. Cable&wireless, NTL, Colt Telecom....They have all done just as bad as BT.
Thu 05/09/02 at 00:35
Regular
Freeserve charged us £165 instead of £30 too.

That's why I'll be changing to another ISP that offers an anytime service fairly soon.
Thu 05/09/02 at 00:33
"How are you today?"
Edgy wrote:
> Have you seen BT's share prices recently?
>
> This time two years ago they were £15 a share.
>
> Now they're less than £2 a share!

See what I mean...
"How are you today?"
We left BT because of their poor service, rubbish customer support, they charged us £400 instead of £30, I could keep going! They are starting to get a bit dodgey that company.
Regular
Have you seen BT's share prices recently?

This time two years ago they were £15 a share.

Now they're less than £2 a share!
Thu 05/09/02 at 00:31
Regular
"accidental superher"
i use BT...and even though it is more expensive than some companies...i just know that they aren't gonna suddenly go bankrupt and go out of business like smaller companies.
Thu 05/09/02 at 00:28
Regular
I'd pay nothing until it becomes available in my area.
Thu 05/09/02 at 00:27
"How are you today?"
I'd pay no more than £25 a month, Pipex is a good company, they charge £20 + VAT.
Wed 04/09/02 at 19:50
Hmmm seems theres a lot of Blueyonders here :0) I bee with them since the begining about 3 years ago but longer for telephone and cable TV
Wed 04/09/02 at 19:44
Im on Telewest 1mb which costs £35 only 10 more then 512k and belive me its stonkingly fast. I downloaded ie6 in about 2minutes the otherday

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.