GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Origins"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/05/08 at 18:25
Regular
"Mooching around"
This is a thread I've posted over in the IPower forums, it's getting a pretty large response, so I thought I'd post it over here and see what you guys think.

Everyone has their own view on the origin of life and the Universe, most people seem to follow the ideas that evolution explains the diversity of life, and the Big Bang theory explains how the Universe came to be as it is, but these aren't answers to the origin of life, and the origin of the Universe.

I'd just personally love to hear people's view on the topic. It's surely got to be one of the most important questions for mankind, so you've gotta have an opinion somewhere down the line.

And for those wondering, my views stem from a deist perspective, that is I believe that a force or power that was sentient, created the Universe. This "deity" is not the god of any Bible.

As for life, I follow evolution to it's natural course, but as for the origin, I must accept that a freak lightning strike caused the enzyme reactions. I don't like this idea, but it's one I have to logically follow.
Thu 22/05/08 at 15:26
Regular
thanks again reaper. God this stuff is interesting. i wish i had a telescope now. :( oh well, maybe one day.
Thu 22/05/08 at 17:46
Regular
"Mooching around"
No problem. Have you tried the new Google Earth? It has a Sky feature that's actually quite impressive, of course it's nothing to a real telescope, but it still provides some nice viewing.
Thu 22/05/08 at 19:19
Regular
No i don't. :( i think dad downloaded it to his computer and it seemed to coincide with his PC dying, so i think it was wiped when he got a new PC. Oh well, i've seen some of the other stuff on it and it is imprresive. Zooming in on your house is always a good laugh. :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.