GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chipping Playstation 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/08/02 at 17:48
Regular
Right im tired of waiting for games to come out in this country 6 months later than the likes of Japan and USA.

Im also Jealous of Hercules, Da Linksta and any other person who has W 11 6 Bah, I also have it but cannot use it since I need a blooming Chip.

*Squeezes Frustation Ball*

Therefore ive decided to buy imports and get my PS 2 chipped in order to do this.

The problem is where do I get it done from? im a newbie when it comes to all this chipping lark but if anyone knows any websites which do chipping at 'reasonable prices' and also fit them in, id appreciate it if they'd post them in here, also if anyone knows anyone close to Leicester or Sheffield then let me know.

Kind Regards.

PS. I want the cheapest one which would be the swap one with an action replay.
Tue 06/08/02 at 11:41
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I couldve told them all that myself and I think theyve seen that info as its on every site you go on!

Stop trying to boost your word count, cheating git.

:P
Tue 06/08/02 at 09:08
I was looking on a certain website (which I don't think I should list here, even though chipping your PS2 is perfectly legal, as it's your possession), and here's what I found (if you want the web address, E-Mail [email protected]).

PS2 Modchip - 42 Euros
PnP Key / No Solder Mod:
The latest advance in modchip technology!
No Soldering needed! just Plug and Play!
Works with V5 & V6 PS 2 main boards SCPH-3000xR.
Now V4 compatible with SCPH-3x00x (JAP/US/PAL ).
Not compatible with SCPH-39001/2/3/4 (V7 board)
• Internal Mod-Chip built-in.
• Plays PS1, PS2 CD and DVD backups.
• IMPORTANT: The PnP Key requires a GameShark2(US) or Action Replay2(EURO/PAL) to play PS1/PS2 backups.

USBMOD / NEOKEY - 42 Euros
The Neo Key / USBMOD is the worlds first external solution for US and PAL PS2's. It´s compatible with V1-V6 model PS2 (US/EUR).
Not compatible with SCPH-39001/2/3/4 (V7 board)
It slots nicely into the PS2 USB slot. You can now play your PSX and PS2 backups (compatible with All Titles including EA Sports Games that have been patched with the new EA Patches).
The USBMOD requires a Game Shark 2 (US Customers) or Action Replay 2 (Euro Customers) to play your PS2 backups.
PSX backups play without any need for either of these.
You still need to open up your PS2 but you are only required to solder 1 very easy link wire. Diagrams, wire and solder are included.

USBMOD - GameShark2 Bundle Kit - 96 Euros
Bundle Kit with the famous USBMOD.
USA Version: USBMOD + GameShark2
PAL Version: USBMOD + ActionReplay2
Play ALL your PS2 and PS1 CD-R Backups!

Playstation 2 ModChip - 32 Euros
The NEO 2.2 swap ModChip was the worlds first working solution for US & PAL machines. It´s compatible with V1-V6 model PS2 (US/EUR).
Not compatible with SCPH-39001/2/3/4 (V7)
You can now play all your PS2 Backups and also PSX Backups. The chip comes complete with wires, solder, instructions & installation diagrams.
All chips are shipped in anti-static packaging for maximum protection.
Game Shark 2 (US) or Action Replay 2 (PAL) is needed to play PS2 Backups.
PSX backups play without any need for either of these.

PS2 ModChip - GameShark2 Bundle Kit - 83 Euros
Bundle Kit with the famous NEO2.2 PS2 ModChip and GameShark2.
USA Version: USBMOD + GameShark2
PAL Version: USBMOD + ActionReplay2
Play ALL your PS2 and PS1 CD-R Backups!

Game Shark 2 (US) / Action Replay 2 (PAL) - 53 Euros
Get access to incredibly powerful cheats - any level, infinite lives, extra ammo, unlimited cash, secret characters and much more - for all the latest and greatest PS2 games. View the entire cheat code library on screen, using the new enhanced browser-based interface Exchange single cheats, or even entire code libraries with other GS2/AR2 users via the internet, all at the click of a button. INCLUDES BONUS CD WITH OVER 3,000 CHEATS FOR PSone GAMES.

Bear in mind, I'm not promoting this.

My dad showed my how to chip a PS1, and going by the circuitboard models of the PS2, that won't be hard to chip yourself either, because some people who sell the chips nick code from Sony to do it, and that's illegal, so they give you the blank chip and a programme to download the code onto, so that you're the one nicking Sony's code, not them. Anyway, back on topic. Hell, my friend's already cracked the X-Box, but I think he got a few nights in jail for it because he stole Microsoft's code, and he's the guy who owns the above site :P

LF.
Tue 06/08/02 at 00:24
Regular
"Hmmm....."
No problemo dude.

:D
Tue 06/08/02 at 00:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Thanks for the info Herc,

Much appreciated.
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:59
Hercules! wrote:
> Big_slow, it wasnt your fookin idea!
>
> My PS2 was originally running through the VCR and it didnt work!
>
> So shut up!

no u
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:43
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Big_slow, it wasnt your fookin idea!

My PS2 was originally running through the VCR and it didnt work!

So shut up!
Mon 05/08/02 at 17:33
Flanders wrote:
most people have tellies capable of receiving NTSC signals
> (Except Herc !).

LOL! hercs, he's running you down man! HAHAHAHA. LOL. Have you told them about my idea to run your PS2 through your NTSC VCR?
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I dont know - I post some sensible stuff and you pick on one little bit of the post ..

Bah - kids today !!

;-)
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Flanders wrote:
blah blah blah...... most people have tellies capable of receiving NTSC signals (Except Herc !).

-------

Shut up you tart!

:D
Mon 05/08/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
So then - the courts in Australia have declared that the regionalisation of consoles is illegal so Sony will have to produce "region free" consoles in Oz from now on.

Do you think this means that we will be flooded with region free PS2's from Oz in the near future alliviating the neccesity for chipping ?

Could happen .. All you will need is a transformer for the correct voltage - most people have tellies capable of receiving NTSC signals (Except Herc !).

I would love to be able to play not only games before they are released here but also games that are never released here. I dont to chip cos of the risks involved - it invalidates your warranty - and it is actually not the most legal of activities. We all know how good Sony are - even when your PS2 is out of warranty - but any evidence of tampering and it's "On yer bike son"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.