GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chipping Playstation 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/08/02 at 17:48
Regular
Right im tired of waiting for games to come out in this country 6 months later than the likes of Japan and USA.

Im also Jealous of Hercules, Da Linksta and any other person who has W 11 6 Bah, I also have it but cannot use it since I need a blooming Chip.

*Squeezes Frustation Ball*

Therefore ive decided to buy imports and get my PS 2 chipped in order to do this.

The problem is where do I get it done from? im a newbie when it comes to all this chipping lark but if anyone knows any websites which do chipping at 'reasonable prices' and also fit them in, id appreciate it if they'd post them in here, also if anyone knows anyone close to Leicester or Sheffield then let me know.

Kind Regards.

PS. I want the cheapest one which would be the swap one with an action replay.
Sun 04/08/02 at 17:48
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Right im tired of waiting for games to come out in this country 6 months later than the likes of Japan and USA.

Im also Jealous of Hercules, Da Linksta and any other person who has W 11 6 Bah, I also have it but cannot use it since I need a blooming Chip.

*Squeezes Frustation Ball*

Therefore ive decided to buy imports and get my PS 2 chipped in order to do this.

The problem is where do I get it done from? im a newbie when it comes to all this chipping lark but if anyone knows any websites which do chipping at 'reasonable prices' and also fit them in, id appreciate it if they'd post them in here, also if anyone knows anyone close to Leicester or Sheffield then let me know.

Kind Regards.

PS. I want the cheapest one which would be the swap one with an action replay.
Sun 04/08/02 at 18:04
Regular
I cannot condone piracy, but perhaps if you looked in th Oi Sony Boys thread you might find something that could help you.
Sun 04/08/02 at 18:05
Regular
Ask Hercules, as he certainly knows his stuff. I've been asking him and he could probably tell you what is best for your PS2.

P.S. Haven't seen you for ages Neo - how are you?
Sun 04/08/02 at 18:18
Regular
"  "
OK, I suggest you try, www.cdrom-guide.com It's a forum and you can ask your question and a whole host of people who know what they're on about should be able to answer. I used to be a pro there, knew my stuff, then I decided to come clean :D
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Neo, catch me on MSN anytime and I will tell you everything you would ever need to know.

http://www.playstationchips.co.uk /pages/chipping-service.html

(space after '.co.uk')

I dunno but that place seems alright. Not sure really.

NOTE: I am not in anyway, shape or form saying that chipping for the use of back-up's that you dont own the original copy of is the right thing to do. I am using mine for imports and as they are the original versions of the game, I think its alright.

Any questions, just ask me.
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Hmmm....."
AbsoluT Neó wrote:

> Im also Jealous of Hercules......

-------

Damn right!

:D
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:39
Regular
Hercules! wrote:
>> http://www.playstationchips.co.uk /pages/chipping-service.html
>
> (space after '.co.uk')
>
> I dunno but that place seems alright. Not sure really.
>

Oh don't know any websites do you!! :-)
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Shadow wrote:

> Oh don't know any websites do you!! :-)

------

I just looked for it using Yahoo.

:P

;D
Sun 04/08/02 at 19:42
Regular
Of course - silly me :D
Sun 04/08/02 at 20:56
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Shadow wrote:
> I cannot condone piracy, but perhaps if you looked in th Oi Sony Boys
> thread you might find something that could help you.

Well, buying Imports and playing them on a chipped PS 2 is not piracy.

----------

RM18, im great thanks been busy sorting out a job and test drove my soon to be new car today Toyota Celica T Sport, so been busy since I got back from Turkey. How are you? when do you get your A Level results?

-----------

I'll try those sites out cheers Natbuc/Herc.

-----------

Hercules wrote:

> Neo rules.

Yeh I know I do :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.